1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Belicheat's Defensive Mastery???

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Gridreaper, Jul 26, 2008.

1. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/football/nfl/07/25/chff.belichick/index.html?eref=T1

...As much as I hate Belicheat...I loved reading about the Pats defensive meltdowns, in the biggest games, behind this cheating, manipulative, egomaniac of a coach. In reality this team is more about Brady than anything else. I hate that punk too..but that's another story.

Look at Belicheat's record before Brady and after. Our Norv has been ridiculed for posting a career mark that in actuality is no worse than Belicheat's prior to Brady. Give Norv a quality GM, ownership that wants to win, an able QB and maybe he puts up the same kind of numbers. The pieces are in place for Norv now. Let's jump through that window before it closes.

2. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    "But, when it mattered most, Belichick's defense snapped more gruesomely than Joe Theismann's tibia. The spunky little Panthers ripped off three TDs, 19 points and 251 yards of offense -- in the fourth quarter alone. The Confederates played better defense during Sherman's March to the Sea.":lol:

C*cks*cking patriots:icon_evil:

3. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    What I'm interested in is that all 4 of the Pats' BnB (Belicheck-and-Brady) Super Bowls were decided by just 3 points.

Patriots 20, Rams 17

Patriots 32, Panthers 29

Patriots 24, Eagles 21

Patriots 14, Giants 17

You'd think that a team as good as them would be able to dominate their Super Bowl by more than 3 points in the wins.

Look at the 5 Super Bowls the 49ers won. 3 of those 5 were won by 21+ points.

Look at the 3 Super Bowls the 1990s Cowboys won. All 3 of them were won by double-digits, and one by 30+ points.

Look at the 3 Super Bowls the Washington Redskins won. All 3 of them were won by double-digits.

Look at the 3 Super Bowls that the Green Bay Packers won. They won those by double-digits each.

And yes, look at the 3 Super Bowls that the Raiders won. They won all 3 by at least 17 points each.

Yes, the Pats won 3 in 4 years, and that's still something the Bolts haven't done yet in winning just once. However, as good as the Patriots have been, and the "genius" moniker, all that press and media love they've gotten before Spygate, I would have expected them to be able to win by at least 10 points, like they were blowing out opponents in the regular season last year. Just once anyway.

4. Zeus

Zeus BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +83
    Even with cheating on defense BB's D's have always performed badly under pressure. He thinks he can plug anyone in and they will do well, when the fact is this has been the Patriots weak point for a while.

Without Brady BB might not even have a winning record as a HC.

5. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    He didn't before Brady that's for sure.

A lot of young Pats fans conveniently forget the awful record that Belichick had in 2000 and the first part of 2001 before Bledsoe was injured and Brady came in.

Belichick went 5-11 his first season in 2000, with Bledsoe.

Then he started off the 2001 season 1-3 before Brady replaced Bledsoe full time due to injury.

So that's a 6-14 record right there. Not to mention his awful record in Cleveland as their HC.

Belichick was definitely on the hot seat, because both the Boston Globe and Boston Herald had people questioning whether Belichick would last past his second season.

Then Brady saved his ***.
    :yes:

6. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    I remember that game well. We were 3-1 at that point and I figured we would roll past the Pats starting a rookie QB. ****!