1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Belichick talks up the Chargers

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, Oct 9, 2008.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcwest/0-3-414/Belichick-talks-up-the-Chargers.html

Posted by ESPN.com's Bill Williamson

Courtesy of the New England PR department, here is a sampling from coach Bill Belichick's press briefing today as the Patriots prepare to play at San Diego on Sunday night.

The Chargers are certainly a familiar opponent.

Bill Belichick: Yeah. It almost seems like a division game. It does. [It's like] we end up playing them twice a year. It's a little bit like the Colts. It feels like we've seen a lot of them, even though they're not in our division.

Have you seen the same LaDainian Tomlinson on film that you've always seen?

BB: Oh yeah. He looks good. Very patient. He has good quickness, speed, [and] breaks tackles. [Darren] Sproles has been a good change of pace for them. So, yeah, [Tomlinson's] good.

How has Philip Rivers' development been? Have you seen him grow?

BB: Good. I had a lot of respect for Rivers anyway and then last year in our game in January I thought that he really stepped up and played very courageously after the injury and threw the ball well on not a great day to throw it. He played with a lot of toughness and courage and certainly gave us all we [could handle] in that game. So I have a lot of respect for Rivers. He's certainly chucking it down the field this year. I think they're second in the league in big plays in the passing game. [Chris] Chambers and [Vincent] Jackson and [Antonio] Gates and [Darren] Sproles and [LaDainian] Tomlinson, there are a lot of guys to defend there.

You talked about [Quentin] Jammer and [Antonio] Cromartie being big play guys. Was there a difference between the way they played you in the playoff game as opposed to earlier in the season from a style perspective?

BB: No. I wouldn't say so. I'd say coach [Ted] Cottrell has been around for quite a while. [He's a] very experienced coordinator. They have their way of playing. They like to pressure you. They like to bring those outside linebackers. They play a decent amount of man coverage and mix their zones in there and they did that in both games last year.

2. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I doubt Bilicheat means a word of it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556

• Like Like x 1
  4. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    What he really meant....

The Chargers are certainly a familiar opponent.

Bill Belichick: I'm tired of seeing them. Always causing problems and stirring up controversy. They can fall off they face of the earth if it were for me.

Have you seen the same LaDainian Tomlinson on film that you've always seen?

BB: He ****ing sucks. He can't break tackles he can't hit the holes and as far as i know he still a whiny little *****.

How has Philip Rivers' development been? Have you seen him grow?

BB: He talks way too much for how good he plays. Now jay cutler, he's a true quarterback but rivers is an a-hole. He's also overrated, he has no arm. He's a punk.

You talked about [Quentin] Jammer and [Antonio] Cromartie being big play guys. Was there a difference between the way they played you in the playoff game as opposed to earlier in the season from a style perspective?

BB: Well there 32nd in the league in passing. What the **** do you think i think about there "perspective". Jeez i need a drink before i shove another reporter, interview over.

:icon_rofl:

5. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    :icon_evil:

Matilacks post was better!

:icon_rofl:

6. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    exactly screw him

7. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    The great communicator :rolleyes2:

8. ghost_

ghost_ BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +106
    if anyone buys what BC says about another team is like u getting a handful of [​IMG] for [​IMG] manhattan

9. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402

He was probably thinking, " i sure am glad they havent fired Cottrell before this game came around. I feel more confident with Ted running their defense while i have my scrub QB going. He will surely look good with Jabba calling their schemes".

10. VikingBolt

VikingBolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +477
    So, tell us what you really think he meant. :lol: