1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Ben Tate in round 2?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by szarmes, Mar 3, 2010.

1. szarmes

szarmes I am the Walrus

Ratings:
    +37
    Ben Tate, RB Auburn.
    5-11 218
    Senior Stats:
    1362 yards, 5.2 average, 10 tds
    105 rec yards, 20 rec

Ben Tate excelled in every aspect of the combine. He is a downhill runner who still has great speed (ran a 4.43 at the combine, third best).

If someone higher up than Ryan Mathews on our draft board so happens to still be there at 28, such as Dan Williams or Kyle Wilson or Brian Price, we should take them and take Tate in round 2. He impressed me at the combine a lot and he is similar to Cedric Benson IMO.

What are your thoughts?

2. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,602
    I maintain he's a third rounder still even with that great performance at the combine and I do like him and think he'd be a good fit then.

Address the lines in the first two rounds and grab Tate in the third, hit your three big needs in the first two days