1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Bench rivers, qb competition?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by NORV4LIFE, Oct 31, 2011.

1. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    What is Rivers' deal now? He is looking unlike anyone i've seen since Comeback jim was our QB. OK exaggeration but this is frightening. I was expecting an mvp type season or at least something reasonable. If I told you rivers would have more tds than ints half way through the season in preseason you would have thought I was trolling.

There is something really wrong with him. He seems like he has lost faith in god or lost faith in his family or he is sick of having 6 kids and felees trapped or something catastrophic. Rivers seems like he is having a mid life crisis now. SOmething has to be really wrong or he just isn't interested in football. Right now I think I would rather have alex smith starting until rivers shapes up.

I would suggest that rivers should get some eeg neurofeedback or something so he can get his head in the game.

This guy needs some extra motivation or a doctor or something. I say we bench him and put in volek if he throws another int this game. We need to bring in a young qb next year to have a competition if he keeps this up all year. Not a good thought since qb should be the last position we should be thinking about.

OMG as I watch this he just threw the ball right to flowers who thankfully dropped it. Please bench this guy now!!!

RIVERS LOOKS LIKE a crappy qb we drafted in the first round, not ryan leaf but shelly. I would expect this kind of bullshit from shelly manning but not our Rivers.

[​IMG]

Update, Rivers threw his 2nd int in a rough on one drive!!! How many players can honestly say they threw to int's on one drive? THat's special and not in a good way!! SO in this drive Rivers threw two int's and one dropped int. WTF!!! SO far he has looked half PR half Ryan leaf!!

[​IMG]

I never thought I would post something insulting our formerly elite all time great qb but this describes him well. He has looked absolutely toxic tonight!

2. Workplay

Workplay scompl

Ratings:
    +66
    It's not Rivers fault if the D knows our plays.

3. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    This is kinda true. I mean we've seen what knowing the other teams plays can do for you're team. It got the patriots 3 superbowls. Why in the world you would just give plays to the opposing team I don't know.

Half the plays I think, every fan in the stadium could have guessed. I just watched a 1st and down dive up the middle for zero, THe hallmark of Norv's offensive genius!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Workplay

Workplay scompl

Ratings:
    +66
    Don't forget about Chucky and the Bucs

5. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    No and this is absolutely moronic to think

• Like Like x 2
  6. Whooki Mane

Whooki Mane BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +271
    idc what any1 says rivers is pathetic and disgusting to watch... hearing his name makes me sick

7. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    how about now?

8. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +80
    C'mon man!!! My team played like crap yesterday against the Steelers. The thought never entered my mind to rag on the Chargers because of it. This "victim" mindset is the teams/fans undoing.

Your loss sucked. Our loss sucked yesterday as well. Don't compound it with silly, unrelated statements like this because it cheapens your opinion.

I don't think either of our teams is getting to, or going far in the playoffs. My team has no defense, and an offense that is incapable of carrying the team to the promised land.

Unlike you(I'm guessing here), when my team doesn't make the playoffs it actually costs my family money.

I hope you guys turn things around.

9. LaDeezie21

LaDeezie21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    when you fumble the ball, when all you have to do is kneel it, you should be pulled.

10. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Now it's like the deep fried moronic

• Like Like x 1
  11. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +434
    lol, this thread is just a bunch of fukin retarded statements....Ya let's bench Philip Rivers and put in Billy Volek. FUKIN laughable.

• Like Like x 2
  12. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    At least you guys have a coach committed to winning even going as far as cheating. I'm not saying cheating is ok but at least he care's enough about winning to consider doing whatever it takes. Norv is the opposite, he pretty much tells the other team what we are going to do 2/3 plays on offense. WHy is rivers throwing so many int's? The other team already knows the routes our receivers are gonnna run because norv runs the same or similar play outta the same look every time they are in that situation. AS much as I hate NE at least you guys have a heart man and don't come out making more mistakes than most pop warner teams. At least you guys just played your best and lost a fairly close won to the reigning afc champs. YOu probably wouldn't have 5 wins and just two losses if Bill Belichick was the most predictable coach ever and opposing teams basically knews what plays you would run without even having to cheat. Its frusterating when a team I feel has alot more talent than the pats this year plays down to and under some terrible teams and loses. WIth the pats even if they aren't the most athletic and the most talented bunch of players they are always a threat to win the lombardi any given sunday because they play smart, execute well and play with heart. Why would I not be upset when every advantage our personall has goes in the toilet because of our coaching and seemingly this team will blow it with any group of players, even the probowl team because of this culture of losing and incompetence the players have learned!

Good luck to you and you're family and everyone too even though I hate the Pats.

13. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    IS it really any more laughable than the way rivers played? It looked like Jemarcus Russel Lost 100 lbs, Michael Jacksoned his skin and dawned a number 17 jersy. He needs a good benching so he knows this is not how a starting qb can play and still expect to keep their job.

14. LaDeezie21

LaDeezie21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    how about we bench Rivers when we need to kneel the ball...

15. LaDeezie21

LaDeezie21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    NORV4LIFE is a friggin moron! come on man, pull your nose out of his ***

16. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    Now theres a good idea. Receivers have good hands right? Maybe we should have gates handling snaps on those ones?

17. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    I don't like the smell of noses in my ***. Who's got their head up they're? Watchout, here comes a stinker!

18. LaDeezie21

LaDeezie21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    you're as dumb as your sig...seriously

19. LT-Express

Ratings:
    +434
    Yes it is really.....Your a joker dude. I would go into a long drawn out conversation with you, but as I told you the other night. My intelligence drops going back and forth with you.

20. LaDeezie21

LaDeezie21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    wait, my bad...i think

21. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    Read the sig. Can't say much more man.

22. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +378
    This is the one reason why this season is so hard to swallow. Rivers....the reason and heart of this team is actually playing horribly this year. It's saddening to see though not surprising as it is "Charger Football".

23. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    Maybe Me the person isn't the same as me the norv hating character of bolt talk posts some random guy in a bk crown to add to the aura of norv4life the persistent norv hater with low football IQ.

24. LT-Express

Ratings:
    +434
    Would be hard to believe your not......To be completely honest.

25. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    Just like it would be hard to believe norv isn't causing disaster after disaster every year? Watching norv coach this team is like watching an earthquake devastate a 3rd world country!

26. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,585
    Thanks BG. But trying to reason with a bookyak like the firenorvwhore is pointless.

27. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +378
    Your team is not the San Diego Chargers. Your team is not a constant "shoot yourself in the foot" team. Your team isn't the definition of "Insanity" in some cases. Your team is a elite and successful team. Your team has THE best QB-Coach winning success. Your team takes losses and motivates themselves to play twice as hard the next week. New England Patriots are a team every underachieving team strives to become or emulate. The San Diego Chargers are a team that doesn't know how to fix itself.

28. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    Well said man. Not being a chargers fan so long would make it hard to understand how frusterating it is to see such a good team play sooo awful. The only thing consistent about this team is that we consistently make awful mistakes and hand the game to the other team!

29. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    No, just N4L think. It hasnt gotten good enough to be moronic yet...

30. Moses

Moses Can You Stand The Rain?

Ratings:
    +358
    The annoying thing is that Rivers is still able to move the chains, he played better for parts last night, but the play calling is to blame as much as he is. Norv's supposed "offensive genius mind" is massively overrated, his play calling and ability to get the best out of his players has sucked bigtime this year.

I'm more worried about Norv than Rivers to be honest.