1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Bengals forum post

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Mid-west Chargers fan, Dec 21, 2009.

1. Mid-west Chargers fan

Mid-west Chargers fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +16
    I was just over at the Bengals forum (http://boards.bengals.com/showthread.php?t=59254) and one of their mods was at the game. Here is what he had to say:

"my San Diego experience

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will add more to this thread when I get home tomorrow including pictures.

First, I have never in my life been to a louder event in my life. I have truly never heard fans that loud ever, at any event, they were into it the whole game. Insane.

Chargers fans had no idea why we were choosing to call the offensive plays in the third quarter.

Screen passes and runs to the edge are still this defenses achilles heal. Get that ball to the edge and you get 10 yards per play on us.

Palmer looked great in warmups, they focused on the long ball the whole time, the exact route that Chad ran in fact. Throwing from the 45 yardline he hit every receiver in stride between the 2 yardline and 2 yards in the endzone. I don't think I have seen them practice that as much since 2006. Everyone in the stadium was mesmerized by the display, perfect spiral and perfectly placed on every pass. Good sign in my opinion.

Big number 41 was confused on several plays that cost us big.

There were tons of uncalled holds on the chargers, a disgusting amount.

I am shocked that Benson didn't buy a penalty or worse when he threw the punch.

Chargers fans respect our team more than we do, granted they don't see us every week.

And did I mention the crowd noise? I would say it was three times louder than PBS? We need to work on that, even when they were giving up points they were on their feet and deafening."

I really like what he had to say about our crowd!! Great work for all who were at the game. :icon_toast:

• Like Like x 1
  2. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    I stopped here ---

:lol:

3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    yeah that's BS, the Bengals got way too many calls in their favor to have the right to complain

4. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    There was non-called crap all over the field yesterday. Neither team or fanbase should ***** about it.

5. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Yeah 2 huge facemask penalties, a couple PI's and a punch in the face to Steve Gregory....and THEY'RE complaining. hahaha

6. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Quote:
    There were tons of uncalled holds on the chargers, a disgusting amount.

[​IMG]

7. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    On the loudness of the fans at the game:

:abq2::abq1: :tup:

On the 'uncalled' holds and such:

:icon_rofl:
    :tdown:

8. Skuzzlebutt

Skuzzlebutt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +128
    Thanks for sharing. Glad to see our crowd get some accolades.

:abq2:

9. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Danger

[​IMG]

Qualcomm Stadium

10. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    I don't know if this bungles fan watches many games. But refs were definetly told this year to not call offensive holding. Probably another means so Qb's are not hit as much. Every team in the league holds big time every play. And refs will only call a o-line hold if the o-lineman grabs and is seen pulling on the jersey big time. Has to be very noticeable though.:yes:

11. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    It's almost to the point where they'll only call a hold if the defender is pulled down to the ground. Otherwise, choke hold it is!

12. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Absolutely. Their suckiness was pretty evenly distributed.

13. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    He seemed like a decent guy with that post. Having been to Bengals games in Cincinnati, I can say the fans in the stands are MUCH better than the jerkoffs tailgaiting outside.

14. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    This is why I hate zebras... just call a fair game!

If there is holding, call holding. If there is PI, call PI. Whatever team does it. Once you show you're going to call players on it they usually do it less.

One thing that really ticked me off tho was the no call on the punch. That **** should have been at the very least a penalty if not an ejection :icon_evil:

15. megold0715

megold0715 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70
    the teams know which refs like to call more of what penalties some call more than others gooo chargers

16. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,422
    Eh, I give him a pass on the "no call" complaint considering the mass respect he hands to Chargers fans throughout the post.

17. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,422
    Somebody obviously wasn't at the game. :lol: