1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Bengals' Henry dies after domestic dispute

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, Dec 17, 2009.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Police released few details about the investigation, other than homicide detectives were assigned to the case. Two 911 tapes released Thursday and witnesses provided some clues.

Neighbor Lee Hardy told WLWT-TV and The Cincinnati Enquirer that he was working in his yard when the truck left the driveway. Hardy said Henry was yelling that he needed to talk to the woman behind the wheel.

"He said, 'If you take off, I'm going to jump off the truck and kill myself,' " Hardy told the newspaper.

The first 911 tape was from an unidentified woman who said she was following a yellow pickup truck.

"It's got a black man on it with no shirt on, and he's got his arm in a cast and black pants on," she told a dispatcher.

"He's beating on the back of this truck window. ... I don't know if he's trying to break in or something. It just looks crazy. It's a girl driving it."

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/nfl-sta...ring-argument-with-fiancee-20091218-l0p0.html

Watch this video...

2. Johnny Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Chargers saddened by Henry’s death

Casey Pearce
    Posted Dec 17, 2009

Like the entire NFL family, the Chargers were shaken Thursday by the news of Chris Henry’s death.

The Chargers have spent all week preparing to play the Bengals at Qualcomm Stadium Sunday. On Thursday, they joined them in mourning a lost friend.
    “It’s a tragedy,” linebacker Shaun Phillips[​IMG] said of the passing of Bengals wide receiver Chris Henry. “It’s something you never want to see. I didn’t know him personally, but again he’s a fellow brother because he’s in the NFL and we obviously work together. I’m deeply saddened and I feel bad for his family. All I and others can continue to do is to pray for his family and hopefully they can get past this.”
    Henry’s path of redemption has been well documented, particularly in the last 24 hours. He’d served three suspensions under the league’s player conduct policy and was even released last season due to personal issues. Bengals President Mike Brown called himself “a redeemer” and re-signed the speedy playmaker last spring. Henry was making good on his second chance when tragedy hit Wednesday.
    “It’s a sad story,” Chargers Head Coach Norv Turner said. “It’s tough. It’s hard when you have to go through something like that. I feel for his family. From everything I heard, he’s really been outstanding for them in terms of his rebound. It’s just tough.”
    Offensive tackle Marcus McNeill[​IMG] was one of few Chargers who had a relationship with Henry outside of football. The two had common friends and spent some time playing basketball together during the offseasons.
    “It’s just a very unfortunate feeling,” McNeill said. “When you lose somebody that you know it’s tough. He had problems but those aren’t things you want to remember a guy by. He left his children behind. It’s a very unfortunate event and our prayers go out to his family.”
    Henry went on “Reserve-Injured” earlier this season and wasn’t going to play Sunday in San Diego, but his memory will be honored at Qualcomm Stadium. Like every NFL team, the Chargers will hold a moment of silence Sunday prior to kickoff. Theirs will certainly be more emotional than the recognition at other stadiums due to the fact that Henry’s Bengals will be on the opposing sideline.
    “I’m sure it’s going to be tough on the Bengals this week and on Sunday,” McNeill said. “They have to come in and be professional and I think they will do a great job of that. We have to show our respects because whenever you lose a life, you’ve got to show your respect to that team and let them know that even though he was on a different team, that he was still part of our (NFL) family.”

3. Johnny Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,703
  4. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    wow I like having the bengals handicapped but it couldn't have happened in a shittier way other than their plane crashing:no:

5. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,407
    He was on the IR anyways.

6. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    I know but its gonna be a mental handicap for sure...

7. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,407
    Or it could motivate them.

8. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    will that even help?

9. Mr. D™

Mr. D™ Who Dey!!

Ratings:
    +24
    it did when Zim's wife passed away a month ago

our Defense coach's wife passed away, and they dedicated the following sunday's game against Baltimore to her

10. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    And yet The Lowly ***** cats are still in 3rd place in the AFC and freefalling!!!

11. Mr. D™

Mr. D™ Who Dey!!

Ratings:
    +24
    yet I did say they dedicated that GAME not the games following

and might I add we only lost 2 games since then, we ain't the Steelers now

edit: another correction. still in 3rd place in the AFC? don't you mean falling into 3rd place?

we were in 2nd place until the loss to the Vikings

12. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    And about to fall to 9-5

13. Mr. D™

Mr. D™ Who Dey!!

Ratings:
    +24
    still would be only a 2 game losing streak and only their second week in 3rd place

but you may be eating those words come sunday

14. 14fouts

14fouts BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +11
    No way we lose sun- we're on a mission and even an emotionally fueled bungals bunch wont stop us

15. Mr. D™

Mr. D™ Who Dey!!

Ratings:
    +24
    Bengals*

16. When Lightning Strikes

When Lightning Strikes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +68
    No, he had it right

Bungals (Bung-holes)

17. Mr. D™