1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Bengals look dangerous

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by JohnnyX, Sep 14, 2015.

1. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +378
    Good Andy had a great game against the Raiders. I think losing Fluker will really hinder the run game. So will Emanuel, whos been our best pass rusher. What do you think will happen in early 10 am game?

2. Joy Division

Joy Division Slightly-known Member

Ratings:
    +542
    Everyone looks dangerous (after playing the Raiders).

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
  3. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2,152
    Sure...but to be fair, my 9 year-old daughter could've hung 4 or 5 TDs on the Raiders...

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Come on! That is just BS! The Raiders, no matter what else they might or might not be, are a professional football team! Your 9 year-old daughter would not have hung 4 or 5 TDs on them! They are a professional football team!

She would have only hung 3 or 4.... Keep it real dude!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +501
    This is Andy Dalton. We own him.

6. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,554
    If we can get to Raggedy Andy, and avoid turning the ball over 3 times like we did yesterday, I think we have a VERY good chance. I expect Emanuel just won the starting job, and Attaochu will probably be back to rotate in. Our DBs are good enough to slow down if not shut down AJ Green and that WR corps.

I have exactly 2 big concerns: Geno Atkins vs our interior OL (without Fluker). And the thunder/lightning combo of Hill and Bernard.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Bruce Daniel

Bruce Daniel BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +242
  8. Bruce Daniel

Bruce Daniel BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +242
    For those that don't know, or maybe I haven't ever stated, I live in Dayton, Ohio (about 45 minutes north of Cincinnati). I'll be at this one on Sunday. You'll find this humorous but I've never been at a game and seen the Chargers lose. Of course I've only seen games in Cincinnati, Cleveland and Indianapolis but nonetheless I'm undefeated (10-0 to be exact) lol.

This one is gonna be a shootout in my opinion. The Bengals have tons of weapons - Green, Eifert, Hill, Bernard, Sanu, Jones even Rex Burkhead makes plays. The key is forcing Andy into mistakes. If we get a turnover or two we'll be fine. I don't think they can stop us either though. Hopefully we control the clock, get a couple turnovers and that's the key to success. We're pretty evenly matched, but we have the superior QB so I say Chargers 38-34

9. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +378
    Am I the only one worried about the the run defense? The next two opponents have great run games. Abdullah loomed great to start off but the Lions being the Lions let off what was working.

Stopping the run imo will be way more important than stopping Dalton or Bridgewater respectively.

10. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,733
    I like our chances.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,554
    Hard to say because we didn't even pretend to be focused on the run against the Lions. Lissemore only played like 10 snaps, and Carrethers didn't even dress. Mathews and Reyes rotated in regularly but were clearly more focused on getting up field, which led to a couple big runs.

The only conclusions I gleaned from this was Corey Liuget is our lone wolf up front, and Kendall Reyes is slower than ever. Rico Mathews didn't have a good game either, but again I think that's because he was working up field and getting washed out.

I really want to see what Carrethers can do.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +501
    Nope Johnny, I'm also on the not happy with our run D bandwagon. I'm especially banging the crap ILBs drum at the mo.

13. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +501
    There's a lot to be said for this though. I heard in the pressers how we were always down at least 1 man in the box due to what we were doing to handle Megatron. But like Matty says we need the beef that is Carrethers in there if we are serious about run stopping. It's amazing that Reyes spot was not taken by anybody in camp. No idea what the point in he and Lissemore is.