1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Best bet for pick #17

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by JohnnyX, Apr 4, 2015.

1. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Oct 7, 2010
    Who do you think is the best player for the Chargers would be at pick #17? Would a Kevin White/ Devante Parker make bigger impact than a RB?
  2. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Mar 25, 2012
    I highly doubt either would be there at #17, just going off of last year we had

#4 Watkins
    #7 Evans
    #10 Ebron
    #12 Beckham

This year I honestly have no ide
    a in which direction we're going, based off of his last 2 drafts we went in a direction where we failed the worst, gave up 49 sacks we draft Fluker

we ranked last in defending against the pass we draft Verrett. My gut tells me we're going either Run defender or running back. We go RB in the first doesn't seem highly plausible seeing how McCoy likes to go RBBC (adding a Gurley or Gordon to split times seems like a wasted pick) not to mention I really believe both McCoy and Telesco say they are confident with the 3 RB's they have right now but wouldn't be surpirsed if they draft on at some point, tells me they may wait until day 3 (for all we know Brandon Oliver may end up with the starting gig while Woodhead, Rookie and DB (carrying 4 total like last year) all split time, and who knows, maybe switching to more of a power run offense helps DB out. Not to mention anything and everything that suggest that we're even considering a RB is coming from the outside.
  3. Bruce Daniel

Bruce Daniel BoltTalker

Feb 28, 2014
    I think its Eddie Goldman, unless the front office is enamored with Gurley or Gordon, which is possible. I really think when the dust settles and the actual draft goes down Malcom Brown, Ereck Flowers, Andrus Peat, Lael Collins and Brandon Scherff will all be gone when we pick. I have guys like Shane Ray, Randy Gregory and Danny Shelton falling though. I think all will be there when we pick. I'm with Matilack, I'd go for a trade down if one was on the table (maybe Dallas or Baltimore covets one of the backs). Slide back, pick up a third, we may still get Goldman or Gordon/Gurley, Jake Fisher, TJ Clemmings, Owa, Harold, Preston Smith, Tomlinson. Ideally we could come away with
    1. Goldman
    2. Patented TT trade our 2nd and 4th to secure Coleman/Ajayi in the 2nd
    3. Grab our RG Cann/Jackson/Kouandjio
    3. Grab our WR Lockett/McBride/

That would be a nice two day haul for us
    • Like Like x 1