1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Best Camp Report Ever

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by TBF, Jul 29, 2007.

1. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    Not sure if this has ever been posted on this forum so I will share. Robert "Gush" Gushue was a poster on the Chargerfans.net board. He passed on in 2004, but on the net, he was known for one of the best training camp reports ever...

Every year at this time, I think about this post, and I thought I would share it....This post is courtesy of www.chargerfans.net .

"The weather at TC was horrible, 70's, cool an breezy, green and pleasant.......Some stern faced guy was yellin' at some fat guys gathered in a circle.....must've done something wrong at recess.........A bunch of midgets were throwin' an egg-shaped thing at extremely fast black guys and one small intense white guy........no stern faced guys were yellin at them......There was a group of real young-lookin' guys standin' around lookin' confused......they each had a big, thick book in their hands, and referred to it constantly, even while playin' some sort of a game of tag with the other guys........The stern faced guys where shakin' their heads alot.......One of the small black guys stole the egg-shaped thing from one of the midgets and ran right into these fat guys lined up in some sort of conga line......some of the fat guys were helpin' him an some were tryin' to get him before the police came.........There were alot of people in the stands actin' like they knew what the hell was hapening, and discussin' all this enthusiasticly with one another, mostly wild-eyed older guys an one Texan-lookin' wide-eyed young guy..........Looks like any city park to me............hope this helps..... ....Scout Gush"

2. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    Those rascally midgets.

3. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    You know when you think about it...Gush was absolutely right...Minus a great play here or there...Camps are camps and pretty much what Gush wrote...

TBF

4. LittleTrain

LittleTrain BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +86
    Classic GUSH, good stuff. RIP

5. Gilded Pickle

Gilded Pickle BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    I remember reading that when he posted it - my sides hurt from laughing! TBF, it's a nice that you post that each year. Time sure does fly by...

RIP Gush

6. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    That is classic. He must have been quite the character.

7. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    Well it's that time of year again....

The first post in this thread speaks for itself. (Version 2008)

TBF

• Like Like x 1