1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Best DL MAN in Football

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by RMANCIL, Nov 7, 2006.

1. RMANCIL

RMANCIL Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223
    USA Today

You may want to make your vote count on this issue.

For me right now I have to disagree with the panel of experts. I do think Seymore is great in my opinion no player in the league out performs Jamal Williams.

When you see him throwing all pro center Hartings, OG Faneca around as he did in the Pittsburg game . Then chasing down QB's , RB before they can get past the OL on the sideline and at the same time totaly controling the A/B gap on run plays how can you not rank him number 1#?

Nobody and I mean nobody else does that in the N.F.L.

SIX AMONG DEFENSIVE ELITE

Indianapolis Colts end Dwight Freeney, 26: "He's impossible to block," ESPN NFL analyst Joe Theismann says. "He's not a big guy (6-1, 268 pounds) but probably (has) the quickest first step in football. "He has a great lower body and works with great leverage." Says Sports Xchange NFL expert Derek Harper, "He's so explosive and so quick and has that ability to make one or two plays a game that change the course of what's going on. He's one of those guys who change the way scouts look at the position."

Detroit Lions tackle Shaun Rogers, 27: "This guy is a beast," CBS NFL analyst Boomer Esiason says. "He was killing guys in the Pro Bowl. Offensive coordinators say, 'God, we've got to get two people on him because the center and the guard can't block him by themselves.' He's mammoth (6-4, 345 pounds). Because of guys like him and Rod Marinelli, Detroit has the potential of being one of those teams that rise up this season."

Carolina Panthers end Julius Peppers, 26: "The prototype 4-3 defensive end with tremendous athletic ability to rush the quarterback," NFL Network analyst Mike Mayock says.

San Diego Chargers tackle Jamal Williams, 30: "He's a freaking wrecking ball," ESPN NFL analyst Merril Hoge says. "You can play the 3-4 with him or the 4-3. "If I had a choice between him and (Richard) Seymour, I'd have to go with Williams, because you have to be strong up the middle, and the 3-4 defense all starts with the nose tackle."

Jacksonville Jaguars tackle Marcus Stroud, 28: "I think of Stroud and John Henderson as a package deal," Theismann says. "They're the most dominant defensive tackle tandem in the league, but I lean a little toward Stroud." Mayock agrees: "Stroud is a tremendous rush stuffer, with the ability to push the pocket."

Atlanta Falcons tackle Rod Coleman, 29: "Almost half of his 50 career sacks have come over the last two years," NFL Network analyst Solomon Wilcots says. "He uses incredible leverage and has excellent hand-fighting techniques to fight off double teams."

• Like Like x 2
  2. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,516
    In another two years, Castillo will be better than Seymour.

3. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    I dont know if i can honestly say that he already isnt

I dont know if i can name a better 3-4 DE then Castillo right now

• Like Like x 1
  4. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,516
    I agree, but since people think of me as a homer, I was trying to tone it down a little bit. :icon_banana:

5. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    I wonder if people consider ME a homer

6. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    :icon_rofl: