1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Best job in the world

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by DenverBolt67, Oct 26, 2010.

1. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    I swear, Norv has the best job in the world. He gets paid millions of dollars, and gets to keep his job even though over his 4 years he has produced worse and worse results.

2007- 2-1 in playoffs
    2008- 1-1 in playoffs
    2009- 0-1 in playoffs
    2010- No playoff appearance

2. LightEmUp

LightEmUp Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +11
    And nothing has been said by the FO that anything will be done about this COMPLETE downslide this team has taken. From 2006 to this??? Are they ******* kidding me? And they dont hold a presser to talk to the fans.

Their move agenda is getting more and more obvious. They arent even concerned. It's so sad it pisses me off. They lied to all of us.

3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    See Kevin Acee's statement on XX Sports Radio in SD on 10/25/10 on Darren Smith's show that if Norv turner goes 6-10 this year he's gone, the FO is letting it be known that a total collapse means Norv is gone

4. LightEmUp

LightEmUp Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +11
    I had not heard this. I think it's pretty bad he can go 7-9 and keep his job. Heck even .500 and keep his job.

Thanks for sharing though. I was not aware that was said.

5. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +378
    Norv is staying (and this is coming from a Marty fan). He is known to start slow and for some reason this year is worse. But still a slow start it is. We go on 9+ game win streaking starting with the titans. Because you know what next month is right?

Its.....

NORVEMBER

6. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    I think if we miss the playoffs he should be sh*tcanned. We should* be @ least 4-2 right now.

I have the sinking feeling he will do just enough to keep his job though. :mad3:

7. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    Here is what I could get on board with --- IF NORV STAYS ---

He can keep his HC(OC) job but... we fire every last swinging dik coach sans Rivera. Get some head thumping assistants in here and turn this thing around from day 1...

8. 1 COOL GUY 13x world Chmp

1 COOL GUY 13x world Chmp Jesus gives wisdom if you pray for it! Banned

Ratings:
    +4
  9. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    but what do they consider a total collapse?

10. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    I suppose they could only consider this season so far a partial collapse?

11. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    Calling out your coach or threatening him midseason doesn't really help things. **** even Jerry Jones hasn't done it, and the Cowboys are worse off. Norv has had a history of stringing together wins late in the season, whether that happens again or not will probably determine whether he stays or not.

The question will become if Norv is canned who takes over? Rivera or an outsider?

Also the team hasn't really had a down slide, 06 was an anomaly. Kind of like the Pats 07 season. We've won playoff games since 06 and we even went 13-3 last year, 1 win fewer than 06, unfortunately just like 06 we were 1 and out.

I agree though if we miss the playoffs Norv should be fired, easy schedule and in a bad division, if you can't make the playoffs you need to go.

12. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    I think it has to be an outsider. River has interviewed for several head coaching jobs and has failed to land one. In fact when he was hired by us, he couldn't even land another DC job.

Although he has been OK, he hasn't done nearly enough to warrant a promotion. He needs a couple more years to show he can maintain a solid defense, before he should get a new job.

13. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +378
    I say if Norv goes give it to Rivera. Because of the familiarity with the squad. Just because he didn't get the job doesn't mean he's a bad coach. We'll just have to find out if he's cut out for it. I myself think he is. Just give him the shot. But as of right now I support Norv Turner. Because Next Month is NORVEMBER.

14. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Not saying he is a bad coach, just don't think he is ready for a HC job. I would rather go after someone who has been successful as a HC, even if it was only in College.