1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Best of Luck Mr. Buddy Nix

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by LFEpooh124, Dec 31, 2009.

1. LFEpooh124

LFEpooh124 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +38
    You helped our organization out tremendously and I thank you for that. It's unfortunate that the reason given to the public on why you left was "retirement". But I knew there was something else. Probably some in-house drama or something. But now you're a GM, so congrats.

I find solace in knowing that any team you put together will not be able to beat the Bolts for the next 5 years!

----

Full Link

Sources: Bills choose Nix as GM

The Buffalo Bills will name Buddy Nix, the team's director of college scouting, as their new general manager with an official announcement coming at 2:30 p.m. ET, league sources told ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen.

Russ Brandon will be promoted from GM to team president and CEO, sources said.

The Bills also considered other in-house personnel men, John Guy and Tom Modrak, for the position.

According to a source, Nix emerged from a handful of internal and external candidates as Brandon's likely and logical successor, ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter reported. Nix impressed Bills owner Ralph Wilson during a recent face-to-face meeting, and stood out above the other two candidates that were interviewed.

Among the other internal candidates that the Bills considered were vice president of pro personnel John Guy and vice president of college scouting Tom Modrak.

Before returning to the Bills, Nix served as the San Diego Chargers' assistant GM and director of player personnel and was given significant credit for the rebuilding of the team's talent base until he left the organization in 2008. He also has worked under former Bills architects John Butler and A.J. Smith, the current Chargers GM.

Nix turned 70 years old on Dec 6.

-----

2. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    now we find out who was/is the mastermind behind the Chargers draft picks

3. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Great for Nix, he deserves it. Thanks for you help in Dego Mr. Nix.

4. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,929
    Congrats to nix and best of luck to him

5. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Congrats to Buddy Nix I always liked that guy good luck to him...

6. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    congratulations buddy. Bills finally got smart.:yes:

7. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    If they were really smart they wouldn't be in Buffalo.

Beat of luck to Buddy!

8. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    buffalo is okay if you like huge snow drifts. Its problem is its so close to that awful place new york with all the criminals they have running wall street there..

9. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I wish him luck too. That's a good pick for the Bills. I'll be curious to see what he does with the high draft pick.

10. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Good luck, Buddy.

Would you like Buster now? :lol:

11. DiegoDub

DiegoDub BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0