1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Best Offensive/Defensive Rookie of 09?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by NORV4LIFE, Dec 21, 2009.

1. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    With the season nearing its end, its time to start talking about the best offensive and defensive rookies of 2009. I think the rookie with the most impact on offensive has been percy harvin because he has been around all year. However, it is easy for me to tell from the games I have watched that Michael crabtree is the best offensive rookie and will soon be in the top 5 receivers in the NFL. Future Jerry Rice material! This kid just has flypaper on his hands or something because he catches everything.

On the defensive side i'm gonna go with Brian Cushing. That guy is ridiculous!!

2. Helljumper

Helljumper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +54
    I don't watch many games that don't involve the Bolts, but looking at the stats, Cushing, Byrd, and Orakpo have all been great on defense.

3. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    Crabtree!!!!!:icon_tease::icon_tease::icon_tease:

4. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    Offense - Michael Oher - This guy has been a stud all year, and will be one of the best OLTs in the NFL for the next 10 years

Defense - Brian Orakpo - Playing on a horrible team, hes probably been the lone bright spot on that team. Reminds me ALOT of merriman as a rookie, and think he could easily become as good as him

Honorable mentions
    Beanie Wells - This guy is going to be a stud once Coach Whis stops with this RBBC crap and starts giving him 20 carries a game. He is probably right there with AD as the hardest runners in the NFL. Still upset we passed on him

Jeremy Maclin - God that teams passing game is going to scary. Desean and Maclin are the fastest GOOD starting WR duo in the NFL, and both are so young. Add in Mccoy, Celek and a QB like McNabb and they could be the best offense in the NFL next year

Jairus Byrd - You dont intercept 9 passes as a rookie if you arent a special player, and he def has the bloodlines to get better as well..

5. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    You're still upset that Whitehurst isn't starting, so there goes your credibility. :lol:

6. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +500
    I only saw Cushing once but what I saw was real good and I've been reading lots of good reports on him. In fact most of the LBs drafted this year have been v good. Matthews, Orakpo, Lauriniatis and Mauluaga. Anyone seen much of Curry up in Seattle?. Must be hard playing in such an awful team. Forgot to mention Byrd at the Bills and Vontae Davis at the Dolphins both have done well esp 'son of Gill'.

On Offense Percy Harvin stands out for me. Yep Oher looks good but he is playing RT not LT. As is Loadholt who if I'm not mistaken has started from day one too up in Minnesota. Beanie has been the better of the 2 high profile RBs imho. And don't forget our own big Louis, he has been a great find at RG, we might have another Dielman on our hands in a yr or 2.

7. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    Offense- Harvin. He's a lock.
    Defense- Byrd. Seriously 9 int's for a team that cant pressure the QB and is 32nd against the run?

Honerable- Orakpo.

8. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    Harvin will probably take the Offensive ROTY.
    Byrd needs to get Defensive rookie of the Year.

I think LeSean McCoy has the potential to be the best running back out of this class but then again I want to say "told you so!" because he was absolutely my pick for LT's eventual replacement this past draft.

I haven't seen Byrd play but those stats can't be beat. The Bills have no defense but Byrd.

All of the big name linebackers, including our own, have been contributors to their defensive units. It really was a great year for linebackers.

9. RipTheJacker

Ratings:
    +152
    Whitehurst would make Rivers look like Jamarcus Russell if he was given a shot at starting on this team!! :abq2:

10. RipTheJacker

Ratings:
    +152
    Oher started at ORT, but hes playing OLT now that gaither has been hurt