1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Best Thing About The Faider's Fall

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Gridreaper, Feb 28, 2008.

1. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...Living in central Cali, in the past I've had to put up with the Faider nation ridiculing me and the Bolts almost year round. My nickname was Sparky with a some of them because my team with the lightning bolts was only worthy of just that...a small spark. My how the self-proclaimed mighty have fallen :abq2: Now my ex-tormenters hide from me like frightened cockroaches. Not only has their cocky commitment to excellence statement become the brunt of jokes but now they have to deal with two whuppings a year to the very team they once ridiculed. When you win with grace, you never have to worry about being humbled because you will also lose with grace and dignity.

The same can be said for the niners in my neck of the woods. I know the true fans because I can still find them :lol::bolt:

2. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    My brother lives in the East Bay and he is loving lording over his Raiduh fan coworkers who were unmerciful to him for quite some time.

3. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    I've been reppin up here in LA for decades and it has been a blast showing in front of the faider faithful these past few years:lol::icon_party::abq1:

4. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    Best Thing About The Faider's Fall...

it will continue as long as Uncle Al is running the show...:yes:

5. -Scar-

-Scar- thedoomship.com

Ratings:
    +205
    I would love to be y'all...I haven't lived in Oceanside for years but here in Columbus Ohio it's coool...all I deal with are browns bengals and steelers....so I laugh anyway when they talk...the few raiders fans i see here barely speak come football season....but i did have to suffer here since the super bowl year...that was ROUGH...

but nowadays.....:abq2:...:lol:...:icon_rofl:.....

• Like Like x 1
  6. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Best Thing About The Faider's Fall...

...and there's no end to it, not in the near future. :icon_toast: :flag:

• Like Like x 1
  7. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    • Like Like x 1
  8. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    I should be grateful to AL, he did sign Lance Alworth... come to think of it, he signed Gallery.... I'm really thankful...:lol:

9. rexy2006

rexy2006 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,842
    Yeah, WTF???

"was told he was a God by the NFL and its associates." :icon_shrug:

• Like Like x 1
  10. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    Wikipedia allows almost anyone to edit the page for people/things
    Obviously they found one of the only literate Raider fans in the world and, since he has no life, got him to make an edit

11. Stan_The_Man_12

Stan_The_Man_12 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +38
    The Best part of all this is the - It's Al's fault and that he is tarnishing his image with every passing year. They can't ever make the clain that Al is the best at everything because even they know he stinks as a Owner and GM. He may have been somebody, but that was 20+ years ago. He's a hasbeen now and forever, generations of raiturd fans are growing up loathing the guy.

Help me keep him alive, lets start our Al Davis we want you to live and manage the raiturds forever plasma drive!

Stan :rivers17:

12. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    The best part for me is everything. I just love it. :icon_rofl:

13. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    I pound my pissant Raider fan little brother into submission on a regular basis, copying all of his friends on every email.

All he ever says is "I have no comeback". It is fking hilarious.

Even more hilarious: One of his friends ALWAYS responds and brings up the Raiders' SB win in 1983 as a rebuttal.

Whatever floats your boat...

:icon_rofl:

14. LittleTrain

LittleTrain BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +86
    Check out his "Recent History". Interesting. I knew it all along.

15. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    and the hits just keep on coming!!

Sapp files paper work, officially puts end to 13-year career

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3277165

OAKLAND, Calif. -- Warren Sapp's 13-year NFL career officially ended when his retirement was posted on the Oakland Raiders' Web site.
    Warren Sapp

Sapp

Sapp said immediately after last season that he was through playing, but did not file the paper work. The posting on the team's site was the first official word that the star defensive tackle was done.

In January, the 35-year-old Sapp posted a two-word message on his Web site: "I'M DONE!" He had told teammates and coaches his plans after the season finale against San Diego.

Considered the quintessential "three technique" defensive tackle -- lining up between the offensive guard and tackle -- Sapp made seven Pro Bowls, won the 1999 Associated Press Defensive Player of the Year award, and led Tampa Bay's dominant defense that won the Super Bowl after the 2002 season.

Sapp spent nine seasons in Tampa before joining the Raiders in 2004 as a free agent. He mostly struggled with the Raiders, except for a strong 2006 in which he had 10 sacks, and had become more of a situational player in his final season.

In 2007, he had only two sacks and the Raiders' defense struggled against the run, allowing a league-worst 4.8 yards per carry.

Sapp finished his career with 96½ sacks, 28th overall since the NFL began keeping track of the statistic in 1982, but extra impressive because he played tackle.

His running "feud" with Packers quarterback Brett Favre -- who coincidentally announced his retirement Tuesday as well -- brought some levity to a sometimes brutal game. Sapp was known as a trash talker, and Favre often went directly back at him with a smile when both the Bucs and Packers were in the same division and played twice a season.

Sapp starred in college at Miami, where he arrived as a tight end and left as the best defensive player in the country. He slipped to No. 12 in the 1995 draft after testing positive for marijuana at the scouting combine.

That was just one controversy in Sapp's career. In 2002, he nearly ended the career of Packers offensive tackle Chad Clifton with a vicious hit while trying to throw a block after an interception. Then-Packers coach Mike Sherman confronted Sapp on the field after the game, calling it a dirty play.

Sapp was fined $50,000 for bumping an official in 2003 and was fined $75,000 after being ejected following three personal fouls in the next-to-last game of his career against Jacksonville.

Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press

:icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

16. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
  17. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272

I have a nephew who's 24 and a Raiders fan. He stopped using the "trophy polishing" argument against me after he asked me once "when was the last time you saw the Chargers win a superbowl?"

I said, "when was the last time YOU saw the Raiders win a superbowl?"

Yeah, that shut him up. Because as much as he loves to talk, it's been so long since the raiders won anything that half their fan base has never actually witnessed it.

In other words, the Raiders are kind of like the Packers were when I was a kid--this team that had its glory days but they were all in the distant past as far as I was concerned.

18. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    My Raider fan friends hang their heads when they see me these days.

I love that it's happening in a garbage dump like Oakland. :icon_twisted:

19. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    Those damn Raiduds spoiled a lot of my dreams for the Bolts success when I was younger. It's nice to see the tables turned but even in our bad years we still put up a better fight than they do. vengeance is sweet and there is nothing more to top our little run here than a Lombardi trophy sitting in the Charger offices.