1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Better rethink your hypotheses, LT bashers.

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by BlueandGold, Jan 23, 2008.

1. BlueandGold

BlueandGold The Oracle

Ratings:
    +219
    http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/chargers/20080123-9999-1s23chnotes.html

So what now? Acee's a shill for the organization?

Please. You assumers just look like asses now.

PS... Screw you for making us all look like overreacting bandwagoners.

2. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +434
  3. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would rather choose to believe CBS' five shots of LT, and Deion Sanders!!!!!!!!

4. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +505
  5. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    This wont change anyone's mind. They already think they know it all...

6. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,584
    Someone who blindly believes in a person or organization.

7. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Strife sells. This whole was ginned up by talking heads who simply wanted to generate an artificial controversy. The same thing happens in political coverage, but some people simply never seem to learn that. I quit watching the Sunday morning talking heads a long time ago and I haven't missed a single one of those bastards. Media "journalism" has simply become a vehicle to carry advertising. Informing people truthfully is secondary.

8. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,584
    It's amazing how many people only believe what's shown on TV. As if there couldn't be another side of the story.

9. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Actually, a shill is someone who is a salesman/spokesperson for an organization who claims no affiliation with that organization.

10. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    It is more than that, it is like the want to disbelieve what they have seen for 7 years. Many of them were signing his praises one minute and then throwing him under the bus the next.

I honestly dont get it.

11. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    DAMMIT!!!

I thought this was going to be a poll!!!

:icon_tease::icon_tease::icon_tease:

12. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Thanks for the contibution, WR. Do you think LT has earned the benifit of the doubt?

13. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192

LT gave his heart and soul to this team and this city way back when we were hoping for a record at 500, and the stadium was half empty. You'd think that he might be entitled to a little benefit of the doubt.:icon_shrug:

14. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    is it wrong to think that LT should've been cheering on his teammates as opposed to sulking on the bench?

15. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,584
    I don't know Ant...what Acee wrote seems to shoot down the idea LT was "sulking" on the bench. Talking with your backup tells me you WANT to help. If he were truly sulking, no one would have gone near him.

16. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    No, but it's wrong to assume he was sulking on the bench when you have NO FU_CKING IDEA WHAT HE WAS DOING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    NO PROBLEM!!!! :lol:

Interesting question,

Benefit of the Doubt

Given that this question relates to the theory on this board that our beloved LT somehow "pussed" (is that even a word!!!??) out, and has to do with the general angst and disapproval of his effort in the last game of the season,

Given the state of affairs of our forum, I would have to say without hesitation that I have no doubt in my mind that I really don't give a ****.

The season is over, I'm ready to start talking about how we are going to improve next year and take our place on the Lombardi

:icon_toast::icon_toast:

18. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    The people who bashed LT are stupid whiny *****es.

The man has missed 1 game in 7yrs, hes no wimp.

19. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    YES

20. Retired Catholic

Ratings:
    +347
    LT was talking to his replacements and to others, probably about the game and his take on how to beat them, not moping on the bench. Better use of his time than waving Pom Poms. One other thing bothers me about the "insights" of the talking heads. In that weather I would not have been stupid enough to take my helmet off either. Anyone who has been exposed to that kind of weather should have known better. Far from causing any doubts about LT, this crap only confirms my doubts about the media.

21. Retired Catholic

Ratings:
    +347
    PS Our last look at Heath Ledger will be as your avatar. Bums me out.

22. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Did you notice it says LT was generally walking around.

Don't you think that is sort of obvious since he had to walk to the bench and out for two plays and then the trainers table?

Notice how it does not say specifically the dude was up in the 4th quarter when the game was within 2 mother fuggin points talking to his team mates. I have no problem with the first quarter it was the last quarter when the game is on the line and we have tailgaters who were there and said point blank "he did not get off the bench in the 4th quarter". What the fuc am I suppose to think when it is the big game? LT was cold?

Uhhhh....I sense some damage control with Acee by stating vaguely he was up and about. How about the fuggin 4th quarter Acee? LT could have been getting head for all I care but when it was crunch time - the Sphinx made its presence known.

I would re-read that article real closely.

23. BlueandGold

BlueandGold The Oracle

Ratings:
    +219

Yep. The predictable "Acee's a shill" response.

Keep defending your increasingly indefensible point of view, Trump. I just don't understand your desire to unfairly crucify the greatest player ever in lightningbolts. It's not like the rest of the national media's aching for the chance to do it.

24. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Post, how do you KNOW he was sulking???? Put yourself in LTs shoes for that Sunday in the biggest day of your NFL career and really see how you would feel. LT was dejected and disappointed he couldn't give his all to the team and fans. After all LT has done for the team and city, he gets a pass in my book. Hell, he doesn't need a pass from ANYBODY, esp. frickin Dion Warwick Sanders!

25. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    The Winnah

26. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Deion can suck my nuts, i don't care what that waste of talent says or does. I can understand that he's depressed and dejected that he can't play adn I agree he has done a ton for this city. But I'm not saying he's a puss, i'm not saying he should be traded, I just want to know why, since he's a leader, did he not root on his team and I am yet to receive a valid answer. I still like and respect LT, my respect for him went down a little until i get an answer for it. that's all

27. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    When I hear it from the people who were there in the stands, I will trust their word.

You think I enjoyed hearing the dude was on the bench for the whole 4th quarter?

Should I say nothing and just blow it off when I read and hear this from those who were there and they were not drunk or stoned or any other chicken **** reason either?

I am repeating what was told to me and posted in here. LT did not get off the bench the entire 4th quarter as reported by our fans LIVE - people who attend the gaters and not ACEE.

Now you tell me.

What the fuc would you do?

Nothing?

Or post what I did?

28. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Yup, cuz I think it's bullshit.

29. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,931
    be careful
    before someone labels you a thought criminal, right Orwell?

30. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    gawdam... leisure would blow you right now... he admires your "stick-to-it-iveness"... and your butt huggers. :lol: