1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Better Team Didnt Win Today

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by matilack, Oct 1, 2006.

1. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,476
    There was no doubt in my mind we were the better of the two teams, we stood step for step with their defense, ran over 100yds, passed decently, and had some good special teams.

The big pass to Heap on their first TD there was MAJOR holding, some of the bigest calls were the ones not made.

That+missed FG+ ****ing Marty Shottenheimer = loss every goddamn time. McNair played horrible, both Lewises played horrible, but any QB in the NFL can win with those opportunities. Whenever we got ours, we blew it with penaltys and scardy cat playcalling.

The better team did not win today. Thats a fact.:no:

2. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,727
    Better coach did.

3. Flea Soda

Flea Soda BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +21
    13-7 is pretty much game over.. the other team had nothing to lose and the Chargers had everything to lose..

I think the Chargers played pretty poorly today, but that's how they improve.. it's better for them to be learning now than in the playoffs again.

4. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,476

I think the team played good, but NOTHING went our way in terms of penalties, and playcalling.

And its a lesson weve been learning the last 2 years, THEY SHOULD HAVE LEARNED IT ALREADY. We deserve better than Mary Shottenheimer.

5. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,727
    QFT.

We're going nowhere with him in charge. He will never learn. Ever.

6. reef shark

reef shark BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +49
    yea i totally agree. the chargers should have won. why? because you NEVER GIVE THE OTHER TEAM POINTS! why the hell (tryin not to swear) did they take that safety? bc belichick did it and it looks smart? cmon. i called, from the day after the titans game, that the ravens 2 TEs would be their only chance. i still dont know how we lost this game, besides our dumbass playcalling.

-yea ima say it. **** marty.

7. TJBOLT

TJBOLT Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +19
    he will never understand that 7 ponit are better that taking 2min of the playclock
    out f.. coached again this is way we dont get any respect our defense was the better one in the game but our play calling sucked it started great then we got schotenhaimer

8. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,476

WHAT THE HELL WERE WE DOING ON 3rd and 1ns today!!!! We have the best goaline RB in the National Football League, he'll let him run it on the 1 yd line but not on the 33rd??

Id say the two failed 3rd and 1ns cost us atleast 10 points today.

I dont know why we went away from the passing game so quickly, running more didnt help anybody, and it never does.

9. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,890
    we have to 'protect' rivers, we can't let him throw the ball. we ca'nt let him lose the game as a rookie

well we can't let him help us win either apparently

10. cravn

cravn BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    Time out dude...Your team did SQUAT after the first drive, nothing, nada, zilch...1st drive you boys looked like world beaters, but then Great Teams make adjustments like the Ravens did..

11. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,727
    Don't think for a second that you won for any other reason but this: Marty handed you guys the game on a silver platter with his NO BALLS gameplan. Congrats on the win.