1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Bettis said he faked injury to keep Steelers from cutting him

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by ChargerRay, Aug 23, 2007.

1. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_y...slug=ap-steelers-bettisbook&prov=ap&type=lgns

2. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    Wow. Cheater.

3. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    Cheaters never prosper. :no:

4. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272

It's not going to affect my life or cause me to lose any sleep, but I have to admit I lost some respect for the Bus after reading that.

And it's not even because he faked an injury. Hell, I'm sure that's pretty common for guys who feel they're on the bubble. It's that now he not only is dumb enough to admit it but he seems to think he's pretty friggin clever for doing it. I don't know, maybe I'm reading it wrong being taken out of context as it is. But if I had done something like that it's a secret I'd take to my grave. I'd feel like I got away with one--but I sure wouldn't feel like "hey, I've been out of the league a full season now, it's safe for me to talk about it..."

5. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    I agree T-Struck and I'm not sure what he has to gain by this except maybe a few extra book sales? :icon_shrug:

6. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Although Gilbride is showing his idiot side by trying to replace Bettis with Huntley.

7. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171

:lol:

True but we already knew Gilbride is an idiot and we didn't need Jerome to tell us.

8. LFEpooh124

LFEpooh124 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +38
    i don't think he meant to sell extra copies, i saw it more off getting it off his chest. sometimes it's refreshing to be able to let your secret out.

still, it was a POS move he pulled. but then again, he did get injured playing for the steelers, workman's comp???

i initially thought it was faking an injury to avoid TC, now that would've been unforgivable. he should've just pulled a STRAHAN :lol:

9. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    We were banging the UT boards at the time but I always suspected Junior Seau did the same thing on his triumphant return to San Diego. That was the year the game was relocated to Arizona due to the fires and Junior ended up pulling up lame for the game and sat out. I bet back then that his *** would pull up lame two weeks before the game and he did. ***.

10. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Ummmm... I thought Junior played in that game. :icon_shrug:

I seem to remember him tackling LT in the open field and them helping him up off the turf. Am I thinking of a different time we played MIA?

11. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Junior had a pulled hammy for the game. Many Chagers fans were going out to give him **** and some were going to prop him as well but I said he would wuss out and pull up lame as an excuse. I think I called Donnie Edwards a pussssy around that time and bang, banned. :lol:

12. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Dood, I'm trying to find anywhere that might list to tackling stats for that game. 'Cause I swear I have this totally vivid visual memory of Seau as a dolphin tackling LT. Was that the only time we played the 'fins while Junior was playing for 'em? Here's the only news-ish kinda info I can find about the game that mentions Seau playing...

link

That certianly makes it sound like he was on the field for at least a portion of the game.

13. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    I think he missed the 2005 game.

14. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
  15. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    The evidence would indicate otherwise.

16. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Check the injury report the week of the game. Somewhere Seau was complaining of his hammy. The boards went off. Junior was using excuses like he always does.

17. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
  18. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    That I also recall. :yes:

I had only been at the UT for a couple months, but I do remember a lot of haters. I also remember trying to drive to Arizona to go to the game. I had season tickets with a couple of my friends that year and we tried to sneak through Jamul to head east (because the 8 was closed), but cops had every way blocked off.

Either way I was confused when you said that he sat out 'cause I was so sure than I had seen that tackle. But according to ESPN and NFL.com he didn't sit. Unless of course he managed to make four tackles from the bench. But I definatly do recall him *****ing about his hammy and being a question mark going into the game.

19. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
  20. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    No dude, I never said he sat out (ooops yeah I did). Junior was going to use the hammy as an excuse to pull up lame. To set the stage in other words. It was all bullshiit on Juniors part and that set off the boards. Some peeps were headed out to prop and some were headed out to tear into his asss......

21. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    Junior played but he didn't. oOoOoOoOo....[​IMG]

22. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    It seems the injury was real, he just lied about the when and the where. Unfortunately he did prosper and now he's about to proper some more.

:yes:

23. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886

Yes the injury was real and he also had surgery for it, but he did use for his own survival. The NFL can cut a player anytime they want, except for preseaon injuries is what I understand. He was trying to protect himself and keep his job. Who wouldn't do the same thing after all the years of laying it on the line for the team?.:bolt:

24. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Bingo

25. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,886

I didn't even know he had a book out.:icon_shrug: :icon_huh: :bolt:

26. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Thats where the quotes come from, I believe :icon_shrug: :icon_huh:

27. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Yeah, all I had to see was the name "Gilbride" and I almost puked. I don't have a problem with it. Hell, he ended up with a Lombardi. Wow, Gilbride was ready to "derail" the bus I guess. He sure "derailed" the Chargers when he was here! One of the worst head coaches we ever hired.

28. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,886

This I have learned, I wont buy it, but I don't fault him for coming clean with it.:bolt: