1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Beware of this Time Share rip off

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Thumper, Apr 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    A good friend of mine was recenty ripped off by a timeshare company called the Great Vacations Club (GVC). They are an affiliated organization to the Mayan Resorts. Do not do business with these organizations. They have ripped off my friend and could do the same to you.

I have decided to share this information so that none of you will fall victim to this slick organizations sales pitches. Not all timeshare organizatins are bad. I own one myself, but I would never do business with this unreputable company after the problems my friend has had. Please share this info, so that your friends or family don't get involved with the not so Great Vacations Club.

Here is my friend Dan's complain letter:

Be carefull out there everyone.

2. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Thanks for the 411. I'll pass it on to all I know.

Just curious Thump, which timeshare do you own?

My wife and I own Worldmark.

3. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    I also own Worldmark. Only 6000 points annually though. My friend Dan that got ripped off by this company is also a Worldmark owner and he's been very happy with them.

Just a note to anyone that might be intersted ever in a timeshare. Talk to someone you know that has one. Also, you can ussually buy the same membership off ebay and other websites for much less than you would get it from the company it's self.

I'm not trying to make a timeshare pitch though. I'm just trying to put out a warning about the particular company that ripped off my friend.

4. chiefsgal

chiefsgal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +443
    I have a timeshare with Shell.........no problems so far....:icon_shrug:

5. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    I haven't heard of other problems with any timeshare companies except the one listed here that ripped my friend off.

BEWARE OF GREAT VACATION CLUB, MAYAN PALACE (OR OTHER MAYAN RESORTS), OR VENTAS RIVIERA MAYA. THEY ARE ALL THE SAME BUSINESS.

6. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    cheers Thump:tup: :tup:

7. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Wow, I'm amazed at the power of the internet. This company was made aware of this thread as well as several others on the internet. For this reason they are refunding him. He does have to sign an agreement not to discuss this further, so for that reason I'm closing this thread. Thank You all!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.