1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Big 3

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by SuperCharger92, Feb 28, 2012.

1. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 Winners Win

Ratings:
    +942
    • Cleveland
    • Miami
    • Washington
    Are all looking for QB's. Which will draft RG3.. Sign Matt Flynn.. and take a chance on Peyton Manning?

2. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +942
    Cleveland - I see the Browns taking RG3. They have the 2 first rounders this year so they don't have to give up any next year. But also even if they stay at #4 overall I think RG3 goes to them without a doubt. They will give up a lot for him but they need a face of that franchise.

Miami - I thought Matt Flynn would fit here basically because Joe Philbin is already down there. But, If Peyton Manning is available it makes sense. Miami is warm all year around, they have pieces in that offense and defense plus they will most likely plug Reggie Wayne into that offense with Manning. This makes Miami a serious contender now with a 100 % Peyton Manning under center. Ireland is usually an aggressive player in FA and won't be surprised if Miami pursues Manning heavily. The time is now for the Dolphins they have all the pieces they need in place and just need a franchise QB.

Washington - I think Flynn falls here. With Manning in Miami, only player that is ready to be a starting QB right now in free agency is Matt Flynn. Plus they can trade down get some future picks and still select Tannehill and let him watch Flynn for a few years. Even so if Flynn flops they still have that safety net to lean on with a young QB. And if Flynn doesn't become a possibility in FA I won't be surprised to see Shanahan try and grab Kyle Orton.

3. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    Miami will sign Flynn, because Flynn will likely want to play for his old OC, and Philbin probably won't want to bank his HC career on reworking his whole offensive system for Manning on the chance that Manning's noodle arm can once again effectively throw the football.

The Brown's are not trading up to 2, because Colt is serviceable and they can do more with the picks they have.

The reason I like Washington is because they won't get Flynn, I doubt Manning wants to play 4 home games in the snow, and that roster has literally no one at QB.

I just have a hard time believing that Cleveland would drop back 20 something spots in 2011 to move up 2 spots in 2012.

4. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,394
    I think Cleveland actually is a more likely destination for Flynn than Miami. Yes, Joe Philbin... though that connections a bit overrated since the guy who was really developing Flynn (and Rodgers) is the guy who took over for Philbin as Packers' OC: Tom Clements. I do think it probably comes down to Miami and Cleveland, but given that Scott Wells is likely to be allowed to hit free agency, JerMichael Finley has already been re-upped by Green Bay, it's entirely possible that the Packers try (we'll see if the Players' Union doesn't fight them on it under the auspices of good faith bargaining) to tag and trade Flynn in which case Cleveland has the upper hand having a larger compliment of draft picks.

Mike Holmgren doesn't draft 1st round QB's, it's entirely outside his preference - rather he prefers to go the same route he went with Favre and Hasselbeck... sign or trade for a guy who is already developed and is otherwise a backup on his previous team's roster. Given that Flynn's also coming out of Green Bay's West Coast varietal offense and Cleveland runs a WCO... the pieces do match up quite well.

Miami... quite simply Stephen Ross is the new Jerry Jones/Daniel Snyder. The guy thinks he's going to create a Hollywood-esque team in South Beach and he needs marketable superstars (or guys with superstar potential). Peyton would be ideal for them, but that failing "Matt Flynn" just isn't as marketable. RG3 on the other hand is. So really I think the team that gets left out in the cold is Seattle, because I can see whoever among Washington (less likely) and Miami (more likely) misses out on RG3, mortgaging the farm (i.e. trading a 2nd and a future 1st, and maybe more) to move back into the 1st for Ryan Tannehill after making their natural first round pick on an area of other need.

5. Workplay

Workplay scompl

Ratings:
    +66
    If Cleveland signs Matt Flynn, what will they do if RG3 falls to them in the draft? That's the question I find more interesting.

6. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +942
    its going to be,
    Cleveland - RG3
    Miami - Manning
    Washington - Flynn/Orton

7. Joy Division

Joy Division Slightly-known Member

Ratings:
    +542
    I'm too lazy to look it up...does Seattle have a first round pick? I'm only asking because I see them looking for a quarterback to "compete" with that one dude and that other dude...

8. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +942
    Pete Carroll really likes Tavarias Jackson. He has one year left on his deal I believe and there picking at 12. I can see them only selecting Tannehill which results in drafting down