1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Big Props to Rivers from a Carolina Fan

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by xerxes, Sep 7, 2008.

1. xerxes

xerxes BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    I've previously had a mild dislike of this guy cause he seemed a bit cocky for a player who had yet to establish himself, but he looked damn good out there today.

We probably would have gotten 3-4 sacks on another QB without pocket mobility... I had to watch David Carr last year, so I appreciate it when QB's can move 1-2 steps when they feel pressure. ;)

Anyway, hope y'all have a good season, and with any luck we'll see each other again in the Super Bowl.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192
    Well thank you! Your team played a great game, and it showed once again how well they play on the road as an underdog. They always seem to find a way to come through in those situations. Good luck throughout the rest of the year!

• Like Like x 1
  3. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    ill give credit where credit is due, so the panthers do deserve credit for capitalizing on big opportunities

• Like Like x 1
  4. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    Carolina played well, no doubt about it. Way to go guys, you earned it. Isn't it great to have your starting qb back? We're all so happy for you...NOT!!! We didn't want to lose this one and you delivered it god damnit! I'm pissed....and I'm pissed at Carolina!

• Like Like x 1
  5. BlueandGold

BlueandGold The Oracle

Ratings:
    +219
    Nice game, Panther fan. Enjoy the win, you guys definitely deserved it today.

But don't think that these opening day Chargers are going to be the same Chargers you'll meet in the Superbowl. :tounge:

Other than that, it's a date. Don't stand us up.

• Like Like x 1
  6. NW Bolt Babe

NW Bolt Babe RIP Jr.

Ratings:
    +94

Thank you! Rivers is a good and sometimes very intense player. I don't think he deserves the bad press he gets.

The Panthers played a good game and deserved the win.

Good luck with your season.:yes:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Thanks for a tough game. Carolina played well & looked prepared - we looked like we just woke up from a long hibernation. :icon_sad:

Look out for Atlanta - they may be tougher than predicted. :yes:

• Like Like x 1
  8. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Mufflers Are Overrated

Ratings:
    +329
    Gotta give credit, the Panthers showed guts today.

Forgive me while I pick mine up off the floor...

• Like Like x 1
  9. Chuck F.

Chuck F. Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37
    Way to be classy Panther fan.

Good game...the panthers deserved to win...they out played the bolts most of the game.

You are right about Rivers. He is a stud and will be regarded as an elite QB by the end of the season.:yes:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Classy of you to make this post about Rivers. He did play well. Unfortunately much of our team did not. I could go on about how the Chargers played very uncharacteristically today, but I don't want to take any credit away from the Panthers. No excuses, today the Panthers were the better team and they proved it.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,583
    Classy post, much like your forum. :icon_toast:

Rivers blew me away today. Our defense...I won't go there. Guess they don't call Carolina the cardiac cats for nothing. Watch out for Atlanta. Turner, as we all know here, was amaizing today.

12. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    Agreed - great game by Carolina and a well deserved win. I have to say the Carolina fans are a good bunch, best of luck with your season!!