1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Bills @ Titans: HOF Game

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by in_a_days, Aug 9, 2009.

1. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Anybody watch the game tonight? TO caught a couple passes, but it was all soft coverage. Trent Edwards threw a bad pick when his rookie guard got owned and pushed right back into him.

The Titans D was sharp even without Haynesworth. Collins looked okay, and their o-line was dominant. RBs looked solid. Vince Young looked like garbage.

Titans 21
    Bills 18

2. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Dead account

Ratings:
    +1,028
    Bill's O-line is not ready for prime time.

3. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    I don't think their D-line is either. :no:

4. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Neither is VY. :tdown:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    FOOOOOOTBAAAAAAALL! It's really here guys, the Preseason that is, and that means the Chargers will be playing THIS Saturday against the Seahawks for all of us to see, in an exhibition match-up but whatever, the next Madden must hit the shelves this week, and of course we get to see the 2009 San Diego Chargers in uniform with Rivera's perfected game plan on the field at Qualcomm Stadium.

As far as the game - The Bills have a dynamic duo in T.O. and Trent Edwards but it still isn't enough with one of the youngest offensive lines, a suspended running back, and no other viable options to take advantage of the coverage that will undoubtedly be all over Owens. But this is only the Preseason...

The Titans seem to be set to challenge for the AFC South again with a still dominant D even without Haynesworth but they have some questions regarding safeties, which we'll probably see as a dominant story out of the south. Vince Young still looks God awful but Collins can lead the team do doubt. Of course, they have the dynamic duo in powerful Lendale White and speedy Chris Johnson. I would say that this game doesn't reveal anything for either.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Chris Johnson got stuffed a few times. :tup:

7. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    Missed it. Didnt know there was a game scheduled for today

8. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Bills better work on their red zone play calling.

9. titanfan24

titanfan24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +77
    What safety issue??

Both guys were in Hawaii last year?

The Titans issue will be at DT.....do we have enough depth. Otherwise, I like this team better than last year's.

Won't translate into 13-3 again, because the schedule is tougher, but if this team can get anything out of Kenny Britt by midseason......the offense will be much more dynamic.

Drafted this kid out of South Carolina, Jared Cook, as a hybrid TE/Slot guy a la Dallas Clark.....kid looks like a player that can help the offense.

The problem we have is at #2 QB........VY doesn't seem to be progressing as fast as we would like, and we're not going to have a chance at Bradford/McCoy/Snead in the 2010draft......and Tebow is VY part deux.

• Like Like x 1
  10. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Tebow = VY - Personal Meltdown - Crying + Douchiness (spoken as a georgia fan :lol:)

11. titanfan24

titanfan24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +77
    More accurate words have never been spoken Ant.......how are you man...haven't chatted with you in a while?

12. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    Really? I didn't care about the Pro Bowl after Rivers got snubbed so I didn't know that. Must've been the Bills, oh well, my mistake. I don't know much about Titans football, I must admit.

• Like Like x 1
  13. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    Titanfan, no offense to you and your lousy choice of teams. But I hope you don't mind that teams take out some of your so called star players this year like the titans have been doing to other teams in the last years. Dirty play is not accepted in the nfl. And the titans play dirty.

14. titanfan24

titanfan24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +77

Bring it Foober.....LOL!!

There is a fine line between physical and dirty......and tell the 1970's Steelers, 1980's Bears, 1990's Eagles, and 2000's Ravens that the NFL doesn't accept so-called dirty play.

And Ed Reed intentionally took a shot that knocked Chris Johnson out of a playoff game last year.......its football.

Won't see me bit***** about it.

15. Zeus

Zeus BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +83
    There are some comments about the game I would like to add.

1) VY looked bad as usual. He is a dumb football player. Can't sugar coat it. He has trouble reading defenses (thus he won't be good until he can) even more troubling he has trouble learning the routes and offense. In Texas they ran an easy system just for VY. He needs massive coaching help and the Titans don't possess a great QB coach. I mean great, HOF almost, would be required to make VY a good QB. VY looked like the WORST QB out there, on any team. He hand one ok pass, his TD pass, to a wide open receiver in the endzone and he still almost overthrew it.

2) The new rule where you can't hit with shoulder or helmet might hurt the Titans defense. I expect a couple of calls against them for it this year. Titans play tough. They were one of the most called against teams in regards to roughing a player call. This should increase this year.

3) Titans defense looks good. Their offense looks similar to last year, IE not very good. Titans FO should focus on Defense and running game and let them have an average passing offense since they don't really need a great passing game. Just my opinion.

16. LaDeezie21

LaDeezie21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    Don't you know that by pointing out safety issues, you sound more knowledgeable about football than you actually are?

Come on man! Get with the program!