1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Bitter Rivalries Fuel Playoff Runs

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Phenomenal TJ, May 7, 2009.

1. Phenomenal TJ

Phenomenal TJ Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2
  2. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Someone should remind Phenomenal Toe Jam that this is a Chargers message board.

3. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...In addition maybe he can explain the claim about the AFC North ranking among the toughest? The NFC East? Now that's one tough SOB. The Eagles took Big Ben's lunch and ate it right in front of him. That same team SHOULD have beaten the Giants three times last year and the Giants actually beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh. Toughest division..the AFC North? C'mon now :icon_rofl:

4. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    C'mon... He is posting in the CHARGERS AND NFL FORUM.

Yes the majority of our psoters are Charger fans, true blooded bolt brothers and sisters.

Yet he is not violating anything by posting the links.

I would like to see him engage a little more in topics on the forum, lest it becomes apparent he is just using the forums for a blog extension, but that is up to him.

5. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    I'm afraid that ship has sailed. :lol:

6. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    Ban his *** anyways.

7. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    OK the masses have spoken... :icon_rofl:

8. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    I think he would be too stupid to understand that concept.
    He is too busy trying to count up all those Lombardi's and is having a problem, he can only count with one hand and it’s throwing him into an absolute tizzy, and his teacher has told the class they don’t get into big numbers until next year!

9. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,072
    I smell a multi coming

10. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,804
    Conc - the kid is trying to get a gig as a writer for cbssports.com - I imagine he's posting his stories all over (via the f2f alliance) to get people to read them and fatten up his stats so he has a better chance. He's not contributing to any discussions other than to link us to another site to read his articles. That and whining when we aren't super excited to see him here :p

Lame. :tdown:

OK NM - Just saw that he was banned :D carry on!

11. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    can I have his Bolt Cash??

:icon_shrug:

12. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    :yes:

13. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    Good for him. Nice to see that fans can get their views out there. I wish him the best. Its the same thing I would do. Really no different than what I and others have done by linking to stuff that we wrote that got published somewhere... IMHO.

We have a lot of folks here who fit that tag...

Well again we see a lot of that in our some of our 'regulars' as well. Seems to me several people 'jumped' on him just because he was writing about the Steelers. There is no rule that you have to be a Chargers fan to post here, and some should remember that. We have some very good posters who visit that are not Chargers fans.

It is nice that everyone likes this place and is territorial, but at times people might want to chilax a bit and be a good host...

He did whine a bit, and earned his banning by posting some very strongly worded posts. But I don't think he was ever given a chance, nor did he really try to earn one either.

14. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036
    While I have no problem with posters who pimp other sites or are fans of other teams, I have to disagree with a poster coming in for the sole reason to get people to link to his articles so he can get his stats.

That, in and of itself is spamming

imo

15. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    What's the problem?

There are 5 other top threads in this forum that are not Chargers related. Not to mention that the Vick thread has over 100 posts. Where's the outrage there? :icon_shrug:

16. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,072
    it should go up for bids on the Bolt Talk EBay

17. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    It's both a Chargers AND NFL forum. So there is absolutely nothing wrong on the surface. Below that he was trying to get us, like he did everyone on the F2FA sites, to visit his articles and inflate his numbers. That is called spamming and punishable by ban. So he was banned.

18. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Oh. OK.

19. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Also just for the record I deleted a post that bordered on threatening towards another poster which is COMPLETELY against the rules. I don't mind a couple original NFL articles for everyone to check out. But you've got to have thick skin to be a real reporter and homeboy didn't have it.

20. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Hey Mod, is this really open for debate? Aren't there rules regarding spam? This guy is doing nothing but spamming the site with articles he wrote. It's really kind of lame, and I don't think it should be encouraged.

• Like Like x 1
  21. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    In fact there are.

So he posted two NFL related links and you want me to ban him over a technicality like that? Sorry for being willing to give a guy the benefit of the doubt for a second. :tdown:

There are very specific rules regarding spamming. I saw his posts and saw that he actually had a couple replies that didn't include any links and I gave him a chance. My ****ing bad. A post which I chose to remove, however, was in violation of other rules relating to threats in the same TOS, hence the banning.

• Like Like x 2
  22. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    It is open for discussion. Read the TOS and you should find your discussion is moot.

http://www.bolttalk.net/forums/faq.php?faq=vb_faq#faq_new_faq_item

23. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    That's 99 more than it should have....:no:

24. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Dead account

Ratings:
    +1,028
    • Like Like x 1
  25. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,072

But the way that “GUY” came in here was completely wrong. He was just trying to artificially inflate his ratings! Now if he would have come in here and tried to join in on some threads, earn our respect, THEN post his links, things could have gone entirely different.

• Like Like x 1
  26. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    :icon_eek:

27. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    They 'GUY' did earn his banning.

However it was NOT because he posted links to his articles. Several of our loyal posters took exception to him posting his links and responded in a manner that was less than friendly.

He responded in kind and escalated, that is what he got banned for.

What our loyal posters need to realize is that BoltTalk is not only the home of the best dam Charger fans on the net, but a member of the F2F alliance. We are an NFL site as well as a Charger site.

Lets all keep this in mind in the future when fans of other teams visit our site. If it is felt they are doing something wrong use the report option.

• Like Like x 1
  28. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,072
    IMO.......

he came in here and posted those links before even saying hey.

Now if he would of came in here first and started talking with us before he showed those links, then earned some of our respect, people might of reacted entirely differently.

29. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    There is no requirement for him to say hey. I understand what you are saying, but he violated no rules until he started posting in anger. It was HIS job to earn the respect of our loyal posters and he did not do that. But he did not violate any rules by posting his links. He if did anything, he violated etiquete....

So I understand where you are coming from completely. If it were me I would have broken the ice before posting the links, or at least tried to work things out after. He didnt. It is a moot point now.

30. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036
    for me, if dood would have come in and said what his intentions were, I would have looked at and probably read his article. But dood didn't.

So fug him