1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Blackout likely to be lifted for 49ers game

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Blue Bolt, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,401
    Chargers-49ers blackout likely to be lifted

The Chargers announced Monday night they have received a 24-hour extension from the NFL to sell enough tickets to lift the Southern California television blackout for Thursday's exhibition finale against San Francisco. Such a move almost always results in the game being on TV.

The club said 3,100 general tickets remained as of the 7 p.m. Monday deadline. Several hundred club seats also remain on sale.

Assuming the blackout is lifted, the game will be on KFMB Channel 8 in San Diego on KCBS Channel 2 in the Los Angeles metropolitan area.

2. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Out of curiosity, how many people think these black out issues will get better in a new stadium when ticket prices jump up 20+%? I think the black out issues will get worse

3. Skuzzlebutt

Skuzzlebutt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +128
    I'm not selfish about much in life... but I am on this topic. And my selfish answer is: "I don't care." Because I'll be at the game anyway.

Now if you want my 'I don't care' opinion... I'd say it won't change much. Probably no blackouts for the first 2 years and then back to the current issues which are based on opponent and how the Bolts are playing.

4. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    Not initially. But once the new car feel is done... yeah.

PSLs will be a problem too.

5. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Agree. There will be a new stadium effect for a couple years just like we saw with Petco. Now Petco is averaging 10k less per game than it did on 2005 (25k now compared to 35k in 05), and ticket prices are cheaper now than they were in 05

6. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,729
    Where has Chargers or NFL management stated that prices are going up 20+%? Ticket prices have held steady for at least three years now, and in some cases ticket prices have been reduced here.

As far as blackouts are concerned, I have pretty much the same opinion as Skuzzle, I am there and I support my Bolts at Home, only missed two games here in 17 years. That's good times and bad times.

7. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    They haven't. But you cannot realistically believe that with higher lease costs, ticket prices won't go up. Chargers average ticket price right now is about $81. It is $110 in Dallas, $114 with the Jets, $111 with the Giants, and I believe Chargers ticket prices will go in line with those, maybe a little lower. 20% may be high, but they will increase and PSL will be part of the equation