1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Bob Sanders?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by sdcfan18, Jul 19, 2011.

1. sdcfan18

sdcfan18 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +4
    I've been reading this board along with plenty of online predictions as to who is signing with which team when the lockout ends. There was talk of Sanders signing with us, but that talk seems to have stopped. Any word of whether or not that is still probable?

2. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,410
    Bob Sanders will be with the Chargers...... no ifs ands or buts.

[​IMG]

3. chargerlipz

chargerlipz Leading the league in nose hairs.

Ratings:
    +151
    I think this thing called the lockout kind of put a damper on the contract negotiations.

4. chargerlipz

Ratings:
    +151
    He's got a #21 necklace. Is he an LT fan?

5. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,410
    He is #21, or didn't you know? ;)

6. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    Please wear 21 when you get here too.

7. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    Acee says he's all but signed.

So I guess that means he's going elsewhere...;)

8. sdcfan18

sdcfan18 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +4
    Really?! I had no idea that this was the reason that there are dozens of "Player X going to Team Y" arctiles on various sites, none of which mention the Chargers or Sanders.

Thanks for reminding me. ;)

9. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    Chargers sign SandersMar 3, 2011 – Chargers sign Sanders. By Christopher Smith, Chargers.com ... San Diego signed Pro Bowl strong safety Bob Sanders to a one-year contract on ...
    http://bolttalk.com/chargers-fan-fo...-Sanders/b45d03df-4b80-4fe3-9070-867f7c5820b9 - Cached

Scout.com: Chargers sign Sanders to one-year dealMar 3, 2011 – A variety of injuries have limited safety Bob Sanders the past three seasons, but he signs a one-year deal with the Chargers after being cut ...

profootball.scout.com/2/1052934.html
    Source: San Diego Chargers to ink safety Bob Sanders to 1-year ...Mar 3, 2011 – Former Indianapolis Colts safety Bob Sanders plans to sign a one-year deal with the San Diego Chargers Thursday night, a league source told ...

sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6179488 - Cached
    Chargers swoop in to sign SS Bob Sanders - NFL- NBC SportsChargers swoop in to sign SS Bob Sanders. Bob Sanders - DB - San Diego Chargers. More team news. March 3, 2011 - 8:35 PM ET. Chargers signed SS Bob Sanders ...

nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/41897105/ns/sports-player_news/ - Cached
    Chargers sign Bob Sanders to one-year deal - NFL - Sporting NewsChargers sign Bob Sanders to one-year deal. PUBLISHED Thursday, Mar 3, 2011 at 4:38 pm EST. Tweet. Vinnie Iyer Sporting News ...
    aol.sportingnews.com/.../three-teams-showing-interest-in-bob-sanders - Cached

Chargers sign Bob Sanders to one-year deal | National Football Post4 posts - 3 authors - Last post: Mar 4
    The San Diego Chargers have agreed to a one-year deal with former Pro Bowl safety Bob Sanders, the team announced. ...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-

March 3rd he ceased to be a FA and the Lockout didnt hit untill the 12th *had to look it up* but it could have been as early as the 4th and we still would have had a BS free FA market.... HEHEHE So yea Bob isnt a FA, he is a charger in flux like alot of players... I agree would love for him to retain his 21 here.

March 12, 2011: The lockout officially begins. The players file a lawsuit with Eighth Circuit Court in Minnesota (Brady v NFL) seeking an injunction for the lockout to be lifted.

March 11, 2011: After rejecting the owners’ final proposal, the NFLPA decertifies.

March 4, 2011: CBA deadline is extended by one week, an unprecedented move in NFL history.

March 3, 2011: With owners and players having bargained in front of Cohen for 16 days, CBA is set to expire, but the deadline is pushed back 24 hours.

10. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    Cuz, Sanders to SD is old news.

11. chargerlipz

Ratings:
    +151
    Yes, but that is why he wears #21, in honor of LT.

12. Joy Division

Joy Division Slightly-known Member

Ratings:
    +542
    We've had a Sheriff, it's time for a Colonel.

13. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,418
    I thought he was already signed?

14. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,410
    But not sealed and delivered. ;)

15. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    Bob is not a FA.

March 12, 2011: The lockout officially begins. The players file a lawsuit with Eighth Circuit Court in Minnesota (Brady v NFL) seeking an injunction for the lockout to be lifted.

March 11, 2011: After rejecting the owners’ final proposal, the NFLPA decertifies.

March 4, 2011: CBA deadline is extended by one week, an unprecedented move in NFL history.

March 3, 2011: With owners and players having bargained in front of Cohen for 16 days, CBA is set to expire, but the deadline is pushed back 24 hours.

Chargers sign SandersMar 3, 2011 – Chargers sign Sanders. By Christopher Smith, Chargers.com ... San Diego signed Pro Bowl strong safety Bob Sanders to a one-year contract on ...
    http://bolttalk.com/chargers-fan-for...0-867f7c5820b9 - Cached

16. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,410
    I know, but the league hasn't processed his paper work yet. A formality, but he's technically not a Charger until they do so.

17. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    Its cool tho in the sence he isnt a charger yet, he is already considered signed and no longer going to be a option on the FA market. He WANTS to be here. In one of those sites I quoted orinally they said he visited the Jets *i think* and the very next day wout a visit signed with us to a 1 year deal.

AJ could be smart to move on a good FA before the over extended and prolonged CBA actualy expired. Also Bob is doing it right hes taking on a 1 year deal and going to hope he can play at his usual level and either work situationaly or figure out how to stay healthy long enuff to finish his career. Or the 1 year could be just that and hes gone before the season is.

18. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    I hope the team gives him #21.

19. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,418
    Maybe he can wear #19 instead since we're giving away jersey numbers of the greatest ever to play at a position for the Bolts.

20. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Is Alworth still playing in the league?????

21. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    It is probably a situation where they have signed the contract, but it needs to go to the league offices for final approval

22. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    LT? What about John Hadl

23. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,074
    I have six number 21 jerseys, I will only have to change the name. John Hadl wont mind at all

24. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    It would be great if Sanders can come in and contribute on a Lombardi run but his past history with injury doesn't paint a rosy picture.

25. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,418
    Whoops. I forgot LT hurt our feelings with a few comments on the way out so we're supposed to hate the all-time Chargers great now.

26. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Yes, give him #21, so we can remember LT for the few injuries he had for us wearing #21. Because Mr. Glass will probably be on IR before too long.

27. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,074
    All time great? What did we win with him?

I have Lance Alworth and Dan Fouts ahead of LT who is paired with Jr Seau on any list of all time greats for the Chargers.

28. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,410
    Don't consider him the "all-time Charger great"...... that are a number of former players I would place on his level.

29. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Lance Alworth? What did we win with him? What makes him an 'all time great'?
    Dan Fouts? What did we win with him? What makes him an 'all time great'?
    Jr. Seau? What did we win with him? At least he was on a team that got to the Superbowl. They sniffed the Lombardi!

P.S. I like all the players mentioned, including LT, and appreciate what they did for the team. I just think the 'What did we win with him' argument is faulty at best as a measurement given that no player has ever 'won anything' as a Charger, as the Chargers have never won a Superbowl yet.

30. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,418
    About as much as we won with Dan Fouts. :icon_shrug: