1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Boiling Point

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Shamrock, Nov 18, 2007.

1. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
  2. PhillyChargerFan

PhillyChargerFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +288
    Oh God here we go...

3. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192
    Gates last week, and LT and Merriman this week. Someone is causing some trouble.......

4. Showmeyourbolt

Ratings:
    +192
    "I don't want to blame it on time, but we're playing at 10 o'clock California time so your mind is into it and you try to get your body going at 10 o'clock in the morning to play a football game," strong safety Clinton Hart said. "That's no excuse, but sometimes it takes a little extra to get going when you have an early game like this.

"Still, no matter where you play, you have to get up and get going and try to take care of business."

Nice to see that Hart was ready for the game. I guess that our two safeties haven't ever been on a road trip before.................

Edit:

It is interesting that Hart would say that. Could he be the guy who is still having hissy fits about Norv not motivating the players?

5. Shamrock

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Hart's quotes are always moronic. Does the dude have a brain?

Yep .... that jumped out at me too. Hart was also the guy who complained that we should have called a timeout vs NE to get another secondary package (nickel/dime) onto the field. But, he didn't call a timeout .... just griped about it later.

Always an excuse. I'm tired of excuses after the fact. Show it on the field.

6. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    Love it. WTG Shane Marion you have the MTL winning attitude now please take steroids and buy one of those tubes to insert through your urethra to put someone else's pee in right before testing and you will be my favorite player.

7. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    Man we are so fukced.

8. KNSD

KNSD BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +7
    Nobody has the balls to call out LT for 1) not throwing the ball (what could it hurt? At worst you get a jump ball), and 2) running out of bounds instead of trying to make a play. Either A) it was a case of poor risk management, or B) LT doesn't care enough about winning. You be the judge. (I pick A)

9. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    Hart belongs in arena league. The problem with our D is that we have backups starting beside GLUE GUYS who we are now looking to as star players. McCree is a GLUE GUY. Wilhelm is a GLUE GUY. These guys cannot be relied on to make serious impacts out there. McKinney, Bingham, Polk - seeing the field too much. Cesaire seeing the field regularly when he is a spot starter, Igor one dimensional, Florence the most burned CB in the league who can't contest anything (I am willing to bet Merriman's comments were partially directed towards him among others) etc... One thing that stands out that nobody talks about is how ****** our interior pass rush is. We absolutely cannot provide pressure up the middle to stop the QB from stepping into his throws or flush him to the outside where our DEs would be able to capitalize. Our interior LBs can't blitz for their lives I am dying for Waters to mature. The last player we had who came close to providing a decent interior rush was DeQuincy Scott.

10. Showmeyourbolt

Ratings:
    +192

Siler has done it in goal line situations. I would rather play him when the linebackers need a rest over Polk or Harris.

11. Shamrock

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Merriman should add Cottrell to his venom list.

I'm sick of that 3rd down "soft serve vanilla zone" ..... way too predictable.

12. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    That's because Siler is a MAN. I love the kid to death you can see he has that violent attitude. The problem is that he is not ready to even be considered for full time play. I have no doubt though that he would shoot the gaps with aggression and try to blow up the play. Let him mature a bit mentally but it would not surprise me to see him starting in the NFL somewhere down the line. He's young... he's good at blitzing, stripping the ball, good tackling skills, great attitude, linebacker mentality... you can see that he trains with Ray Lewis. I would love for him to take his game up a level and crack the starting lineup with us in the future but not now.

13. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    You know, thinking about Siler I mean the kid is only 21 years old. Very very young. He is not simply a special teams demon this kid has serious potential.

14. richpjr

richpjr BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    Well, Merriman is right about one thing - football is a violent sport. And the way that he got planted on his *** by that undersized Jags RB was pretty violent.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
  16. reef shark

reef shark BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +49
    why not throw siler in now? he cant be worse against the run than 57. i hate callin out players but he is terrible against the run, easily leading the team in missed tackles. and when i see him back into coverage u cant help but blame cotrell thats just disgusting playcalling. 59 over 57 is an instant upgrade and who cares about the coverage liabilities bc our ILBs shouldnt be chasing WRs on post patters anyway.

start siler and cro now is the time

17. OverVolt

OverVolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    Merriman can talk all he wants, but the fact is he needs to lead or shut up...and lead comes from making impact plays on the field...and NO being effectively blocked one-on-one all day is not making an impact...JUST SHUT UP AND SHOW US SOMETHING.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Yeah, last year Shawne would have leaped over the RB to get to the QB. This year he gets planted. WTF??? It's not ALL the coaching - much of it is on the players, too.

19. Prito James

Prito James BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +13

True, the push up the middle has been lost. Our Dline is getting abused way too much.

20. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +504
    Agreed.

21. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Nothing like a little solidarity.

22. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    completely dumbfounded...

Are you f'ing kidding me? You can't ball at 10 in the morning?

23. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Many took this as his excuse but I see it as Hart calling out mo-fo's just like LT and Merriman did...... :yes:

24. PhillyChargerFan

Ratings:
    +288

I know it's CRAZY :icon_eyes:

Doesn't he think before the words come out of his mouth :icon_shrug:

25. PhillyChargerFan

Ratings:
    +288

Your kiddin right? I know you got man-wood for him but DAMN!! He just basically said we were tired and didn't feel like playin' :lol:

26. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Shawne Merriman is a pusssy. You missed a great thread that got shut down started by me. :abq2:

The next day, feelings ain't changed. Merriman is still a wuss.

No juice makes Merriman very - average. :yes:

27. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Nope.

LT and Merriman came out talking **** right?

Merriman was one of the assswiipes who got fined along with Jamal for being late on curfew violations.

LT is the same assshoole who refuses to put his head down for extra yards and runs out of bounds yet cries about "lack of heart and committment"? Fuc both of those hypocrites.

It is a disease and has infected those of weak mind and soul.

It is another sign of the end times. :yes:

28. PhilipRivers#1

PhilipRivers#1 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +464
    What does the article say ?

When I click on the link, I get a page not found.

29. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    This team is either packing it in or is about to implode and at this point winning the division is a reach at best.

Unbelievable. Unfortunately it might be a good thing that the Pats are tearing everybody a new *** and when it's over we blow this up and start over.

BTW I think our questions about Chambers have been answered. :tup:

30. PhillyChargerFan

Ratings:
    +288
    LT and Merriman have earned the right to talk, your acting like Hart is some type of team leader. He's not, just an below average to average safety.

I don't like the fact that LT runs OB at times but that is the same thing Emmit did, and he is LT's idol :yes: