1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Bolt Discards Continue To be Scavenged

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Gridreaper, Nov 27, 2008.

1. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...First Carlos Polk was snagged by Dallas (he blocked a Niner punt for a safety last Sunday). Then Dallas grabbed Tra Battle today from the practice squad, followed by the Donks signing Pinnock.

2. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    It just goes to show,

we have the talent.

But, it takes great coaching to bring it all together

:tdown:

• Like Like x 1
  3. SD Native WY

SD Native WY Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    I agree 100% !!!!!!!!:tup: Norv doesn't know how to use the talent we have on the field let alone the players on the sidelines.

4. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Has anyone seen Divens on the field for B'more? :icon_shrug:

I hated to see him get away. I believe he has potential as a NT.

• Like Like x 1
  5. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    It's crazy to think about but guy's that couldn't make our active roster are showing up all over the place.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...EXACTLY :icon_shrug:

7. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    its up to the coaches to bring the players together, its up to the players to play the game.

• Like Like x 1
  8. SD Native WY

Ratings:
    +334
    I am still waiting for that to happen!!!!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  9. SD Native WY

Ratings:
    +334
    As I said before above. Norv is seems IMO doesn't understand how to mix up the talented players on the sideline that aren't seen much by opposing teams into the play mix. Consequenly boring uninspired plays. Norv plays his game plan to the T and doesn't adjust well.

• Like Like x 1
  10. bigmike.x.09

Ratings:
    +280
    its gotta start with the coaches, i mean as much as i hate to admit it, the coaches are the glue that oughta be holdin this team together. its supposed to start with the coaches -- motivation, inspiration, and end with the defense.

11. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    :yes: :yes: :yes:

12. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,887
    Correct if your talking school ball. These guy's are paid pro's and do this year round. It's their job, to be and play at their best, no excuses acceptable. Wilhelm lost his starting job and for good reason. So the coaches are doing their job's, it's up to the guy's on the field to perform.

13. SD Native WY

Ratings:
    +334
    If I am not inspired by my boss I wouldn't perform either no matter how much I get paid. Players aren't robots and in many cases have a better idea of what's happening on the field more than some coaches. The way Norv talks with his nasaly mono tone voice drives me nuts and I may hear him once a week.

IMO I don't think that Norv has endeared himself to players or become a part of the TEAM. If players don't perform whether they are starters or not remove them and replace them with players that want to perform or who are healthy enough to succeed ie (perform).

14. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    This **** is freaking hilarious!!! :icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

I am lucky enough to be my own boss now, but when I had a boss, all I knew is that I had to do what he told me to do if I wanted to keep drawing a paycheck there. I don't remember EVER being inspired to do my job.

I don't know where you work, but that **** must be funny. Boss coming in to inspire everyone, then they go do their jobs. Do you guys have morning inspiration meetings?

• Like Like x 1
  15. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,887
    Does your boss bring you coffee and donut's in the morning or is it the belly rubs he gives you that get you going. Please tell me where you work, I've never had a boss coddle me and wipe my backsides. :icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

• Like Like x 1
  16. bigmike.x.09

Ratings:
    +280
    i kinda think that holding a job in the nfl is a bit different than holding almost any other job; idk bout u but as a COACH, your supposed to get ur players hyped up, arent you? i understand where u come from by saying "theyre pros they shouldnt need inspiration" but... nonetheless...

• Like Like x 1
  17. SD Native WY

Ratings:
    +334
    Looks to me like the Chargers have been getting their asses wiped the whole year. Maybe if they hadn't they would PERFORM better. :yes:

18. SD Native WY

Ratings:
    +334
    Yeah I was given props for doing a good job.....I guess you never did a good job!!!!!!!!!!!!:icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

19. SD Native WY

Ratings:
    +334
    I guess that happens when you are ditch digger your w hole life you must work for Cal trans they dont give ditch digging performance evaluations. :icon_shrug::icon_rofl:

PS how many DD does it take to make a days pay?

20. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    I usually got pretty good performance evaluations, and received several promotions while I was in that environment. But again, I never did a good job because I was inspired, I did a good job because I was paid well and I wanted to keep getting paid well.

21. SD Native WY

Ratings:
    +334
    Opinions vary.........You did a good job because you were a whore!!!!!!!!!! No pride in your work????Whores get paid well also!!!!!!!!!!!!!

22. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

To you... it's just a job.
    If the players just wanted a job, they'd be mailmen, sales people, accountants, etc. Those jobs do not involve passion. Just attention to detail.
    Unless your childhood dream was becoming a mailman, sales person, or an accountant. Even if that were the case... there is NO challenge to those jobs (once you've learned them).

A star athlete is something that begins as a child. You don't think "I'm going to make a lot of money some day." You do it because you love it!!
    Most of our players could makes just as much if not more else where. They are here in San Diego because they love it!!!

23. SD Native WY

Ratings:
    +334
    Exactly !!!!!!!!!

24. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Question for HB and SL...

You two are so damn convinced that the players shouldn't need coaching and they should be able to motivate themselves. You've also mentioned several times that they are well paid professionals.

Well isn't Norv a well paid professional? Please explain what exactly his job is and how well he is doing it.

25. bigmike.x.09

Ratings:
    +280
    word up, wow i swear youre bipolar :icon_rofl:

26. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

LOL.

More like someone who takes chances. Sometimes you burn, sometimes you rule but then again... sometimes you rule!!!

Then there is always the other alternative of playing it safe and staying vanilla but where's the fun in that?!!! :icon_shrug: :lol:

27. SD Native WY

Ratings:
    +334
    Thanks B4L!!!!!!!!!!!

28. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Sure thing, SDNWY!!!! :tup:

29. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,887
    First off don't take everything you read on the net to heart.

Damn you're close, I'm not exactly a ditch digger and if I were I'd be the best damn ditch digger you ever knew. I do, however, work in the underground construction division of my company.

Oh and by the way, I am my own boss even though I work for a very large company. And it just so happens I just received a 3.57 on my evaluation with a 4 being the best you can get. As explained to me by my evaluator, no one can receive a 4, corporate won't allow it nor will they approve it. :tup:

30. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Jobs are things that you do to support you & your family.

To be inspired in your work is truly a gift. I likemy job, but I'm seldom inspired by it.

We'd all like to think that these athletes are inspired to be professionals. Truth is, many are the biggest whores in the entertainment world.

You can set your sights high for an athlete's physical performance all that you want. We all do it - & often as not crash & burn. :icon_party:

Just don't buy too much into the nice-guy, salt-of-the-earth, great individual BS. Lots of these guys are thugs.

Right, Plax? :icon_rofl: