1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Bolt Rumors

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, Mar 21, 2008.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    --RT Jeromey Clary stepped in and started the final six games, including all three in the playoffs. When Shane Olivea's play became inconsistent, Clary stepped in and the line had some of its best games of the season. He'll be back.

--WR Malcom Floyd is probably not coming back as it seems his window of opportunity with the club has expired. He had a hard time being active on Sundays and with Craig Davis, Chris Chambers and Eric Parker expected back next year, Floyd will likely to be elsewhere.

--CB Cletis Gordon saw some action in occasional dime packages with mixed results. But with Florence going and Gordon able to return punts in a pinch, he'll probably stay.

--DT Brandon McKinney had some decent spurts when filling in in the rotation of Jamal Williams, Ryon Bingham and himself. Considering Williams' age and health status, McKinney should be back.

Defensive tackle: Jamal Williams is a Pro Bowler and a complete stud in the middle of the team's 3-4 alignment. But after 10 years in the NFL, his body is starting to show its age. The Chargers have two decent backups in Ryon Bingham and Brandon McKinney, but they could definitely upgrade there

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/teamReport?categoryId=67068&type=StrategyAndPersonnel

• Like Like x 1
  2. WyomingBoltFan

WyomingBoltFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312
    Hate to see Malcom go if he does. University of Wyoming doesn't get to many players into the NFL. I thought it was great when a player from my favorite college team went to my favorite NFL team. I wonder if he got cross threaded with Norv? One day he was playing the next he was gone.

3. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,582
    I think he was inactive during the first game Chambers started.

4. maestro876

maestro876 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +63
    He was having problems in practice and Davis beat him out. Then by the time he got it corrected, Chambers had arrived. Unfortunate, but we've now got a lot of talent at WR, and Floyd is near the bottom of the list. My guess is he, Davis, and Parker will battle for the #3 WR spot in camp, and either Parker or Floyd will end up getting cut. My money is on Parker staying and Floyd getting the axe, provided Parker is healthy. A healthy Parker is very valuable to the team, as his clutch 3rd-down catches extended many, many drives in 2006.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I dont see Parker sticking around. I liked Floyd, but Chambers, Davis and Naanee make him expendable IMO.

6. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,929
    I just want the Bolts to get something for Parker if he's on his way out

7. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Like what? I dont think he has a reputation and star power behind his name. I cant see another team giving us anything.

• Like Like x 1
  8. -Scar-

-Scar- thedoomship.com

Ratings:
    +205
    Seems To Me The Best Thing To Do Would Be Keep Floyd Since Parker Got Injured Last Season.....:icon_shrug:....That's Just Me I Guess...

• Like Like x 1
  9. Stan_The_Man_12

Stan_The_Man_12 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +38

As an Aztecs fan I don't care too much for the Cowboys [J/K WBF] it's all good with that old-WAC/MWC rivalry thing, but I loved Malcolm Floyd, thought he would develop more chemistry with Rivers and be a bigger part of the "O" but since Norv came in Floyd's lack of downfield speed has hurt him, I was surprised a bit that when Olivea and McCree were let go that Floyd was still on the roster. I have to assume either AJ is veto-ing Norv on Floyd or he will be used as trade bait the closer we get to the draft.

Norv's passing offense is predicated on the Zampese model - get the ball downfield in bigger chunks of yardage that we have seen around here in quite some time. We need more deeper threats.

Stan :rivers17:

I wonder if Aj will go back to the WR well and draft Devin Thomas of Michigan State or Desean Jackson of Cal? I can totally see AJ trade out of the 1st round [if the right picks are involved] and get a higher 2nd rounder and maybe other selections and work his maginc from that point on. Anything is possible with AJ!

10. Stan_The_Man_12

Stan_The_Man_12 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +38

You know I never realized we were that deep at WR

VJ,
    Chambers,
    Osgood,
    Davis,
    Parker,
    Floyd
    Nanee
    Gates

Am I missing anybody?

Stan :rivers17:

• Like Like x 1
  11. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    Maybe AJ wants to give Floyd another shot at winning a roster spot, either than or he's insurance in case Parker is dealt or hasn't fully recovered from injury.

12. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    Gates is a TE, but yea the past couple of years I think we kept 6 WRs.

VJ, Chambers, Davis, and Nan are probably locks. Osgood will depend on if he wants to stay here or if AJ wants to keep him here so that'll leave a spot for Floyd and Parker to battle it out.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Do we even need to draft one at all? If we drop out of the first in a trade, then it'll be for beef and MAYBE a RB

14. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Malcolm was just caught in the "Middle". :lol: I liked MF, but he was always getting injured all the time. Can't produce if you're on the pine. I wish him the best of luck, unless we play his team though.

15. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    BOOOOO!!!!!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

16. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    Why wouldnt floyd be back? If they didnt want him back why would they tender him? why not just let him walk?

He will be back, p88f's boy wont be! :abq2:

17. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    I do think EP will be back and should be. Dude is a flat out warrior and lays his arse on the line for us every play. Yeah, he tanked in the playoff game against the Cheats, but if it wasn't for him converting 3rd downs that season we wouldn't even be in that game. I say bring EP back. I do agree he has the injury bug and I don't know how many complete seasons he's played. Floyd has a TON of potential but is another injury plagued dude. I do like our receiving corps this coming season. Chambers, VJ, Davis, Parker (if they keep him) Nanee, Gates, Manu and try to groom Chandler. Osgood, I don't know. I think A.J. only thinks of him as a ST'er. Dude has has many chances to prove that he belongs as a WR in this league but hasn't produced when called upon. Might be cut if he complains loud enough. You know A.J. doesn't like those malcontents.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    EP sure was a warrior last year on IR.

• Like Like x 1
  19. RipTheJacker

Ratings:
    +152
    Bullshit, the guy is a *****
    He was scared shitless of the pats defense and was scared to catch the ball around them

Also, what "Warrior" misses an entire season with a toe injury???

Luckily for us, hes a ***** who will never suit up as a charger again

20. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171

:lol: :tdown:

21. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,929
    Don't understand the hostility towards one of the most self-less and hardest working chargers because of one bad game (first really bad game he had that I can remember) and the fact that he was injured all year. Both sometimes just happen to players and you can't do much about it besides man up and try to fix it. Parker hasn't been given the chance to

• Like Like x 1
  22. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    :tup: :bolt:

23. Retired Catholic

Ratings:
    +347
    I've had to deal with an injured Plantar Fascia, which is not as central to movement as the toe. I know just exactly how a "warrior" can miss lots of time because of a toe. Every pound of body weight is leveraged off that toe. Bill Walton's career was cut short by a foot. So might Roman Oben's, albeit not by as much as others. Gates is in a boot and will be in one for a while and he was totally ineffective after the injury, taking a stupid chance by playing when he did. Hardwick's foot has him in a boot with an outside chance of missing the season opener. Wanna' dump on a guy for no talent, for bad attitude, for bad behavior or for unseemly greed, fine, but don't dump on a guy over an injury that is most incapacitating.

24. RipTheJacker

Ratings:
    +152
    Too bad he DIDNT man up though. He went and hid in a storage bin after the game so he wouldnt have to face the media/team mates and hasnt said one word about either in the past year

Way to man up 88!

25. Retired Catholic

Ratings:
    +347
    Sometimes you're so disgusted with yourself you just want to climb into a hole. He'll get his chance on the field and I'm more than willing to give it to him. Parker can find the seams as well as anyone and he is one of the more reliable receivers around. One or two bad games over several seasons is a record shared by even hall of famers. Nobody is perfect.

26. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Man Rip, way to gunnysack all that hate. I hope you never make a mistake in your life and suffer all this angst.

Learn to let go...

27. Retired Catholic

Ratings:
    +347
    Couldna' said it better myself.

28. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,929
    Did redouble his efforts to get better on the field (which is saying something because he was one of the hardest workers on a team filled with hard workers) which unfortunately led to him getting injured. Manning up doesn't just mean facing the press but working harder to ensure you don't make those mistakes again. And frankly considering what happened I'm not sure I'd want to see the press at that point either. Criticism of Parker can be valid but jeez why the hostility towards him?

29. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

What's wrong with that?

The game is over.
    The season is over.
    There's nothing he can do to help the situation.
    He had a bad game and feels he let the team down.
    He needed to pull himself together.

So if he walked into the locker room feeling down on himself and faced the media feeling that way... What good would this have done for the team?

He even took blame for his part. That's manning up if you ask me.

30. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I always liked Parker.
    If he gets cut because we don't have enough room for him... so be it. Though I'd like to see him here next season.