1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Boltheads = Don't forget about Mrs. Bolthead on Valentine's day

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Stan_The_Man_12, Jan 20, 2008.

1. Stan_The_Man_12

Stan_The_Man_12 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +38
    And Mrs./Ms. Boltheads don't forget to take care of your man/wife on Feb 14th or the weekend.

Nothing endears you signinficant other to your cause [the Chargers] like keeping them happy.

Mrs. Stan is getting dinner at Saddlepeak Lodge in Calabassas and some flowers etc., this is despite the loss and hurt acompanying the loss to day to NE. So lets place the AFC CHampionship dissapointment away for one week and make our partners the center of our love for at least 1 week, the Bolts get it 51 other weeks.

I wanna hear from you guys/gals what are you doing for your significant Bolt other?

Stan 17

2. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    I actually have a related story that I think is pretty amusing...

So a few weeks ago I'm listening to local sports talk and one of the guys is talking about how he never has to buy gifts for his ol' lady for birthdays, valentines, Christmas, etc. His partner was blown away and had to figure out how he pulled it off. The story was, when they first started dating he told her that he was "not going to allow the calender to dictate when it's okay to buy you a gift." And he stuck to his guns and that was it. Of course he emphasized that he buys her nice **** all the time, but that come the major holidays she can expect nothing.

My girl and I have been dating since March of last year. So a couple weeks ago she asks me what I'm getting her for Valentine's day. And I swear to God I threw out "baby, I'm not going to let the calendar dictate when it's okay for me to buy you something," and she ATE IT UP! I had no idea what to expect and was ready to play it off as a joke when she shot me the dagger eyes, but it didn't happen. MEN OF THE WORLD TAKE NOTE!

Now I love doing nice things for my girl and I'm no cheapskate, but the commercial holiday nonsense is pure BS! I recommend every man in the free world practice this simple one liner and work it into a conversation as early as your relationship will allow for. :lol:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Thank you for the reminder, and welcome to the forum!

• Like Like x 1
  4. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    :tup::lol:
    I like your style, man. I've been using this logic for pretty much my entire life. I just didn't know there was an actual phrase that could serve as a template.

My father in law told me a long time ago before I married his daughter that if a man buys a woman flowers, it's usually because he did something wrong. Of course, this is also the guy who said to me one night: "Well, Nick. We're already in trouble with the girls... we might as well just stay out all night and make it worthwhile."

This probably explains why my wife is able to put up with all of my stupid shiit.

She'll get something nice. :icon_party:

• Like Like x 2
  5. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    For those couples that are both Boltheads, the Chargers Cruise from 3/13 to 3/17 might be a nice getaway.... if there are still open reservations... ;)

6. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    So what are your plans?

After we get the kids in school we're heading up to Yosemite. We'll stop by the Yosemite chapel,

[​IMG]

were we were married. Then the Ahwahnee for lunch (or a picnic) and back in time to get the kids.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I do nice things often for my wife, but still succumb to the calendar for things like Valentine's Day. We're looking for a new place to try for dinner that WON'T have a fixed Valentine's Day menu.

You shoulda seen her face a couple of years ago when I surprised her with a killer Chiefs jacket. :tup: Mama was VERY good to me for that. :icon_twisted: