1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Bolts 16 1/2 favorite in point spread against Raiders

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Chargers-Superhero, Oct 25, 2009.

1. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    Just seen the early line and it has the Bolts favored by 16 1/2 points. Clearly the biggest point spread for next weeks games.

2. ChargersNguyen

ChargersNguyen BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +16
    Me and a few of my friends would be 16 1/2 pt favorites against the raiders.

3. Cheapseats

Cheapseats Loud, proud Charger fan

Ratings:
    +373
    Personally, I hope that the spread is on the conservative side. The Raiders are a division opponent and do try to give us their best shot...this is the same bunch of folks injured a lot of our players in week one. I don't know that I would put money on the 16 1/2 points...but I will sure be cheering for it Sunday afternoon at the Q.

4. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    I was going to if the spread was 10 points, but not 16 1/2. Are we playing the team that gave up 38 to the Jets and lost 38-0, or are we playing the team that beat the Eagles and held them to 10 points I believe it was.

5. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Wouldn't touch this with Conc's money. :icon_tease:

6. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    I'm not a gambler so I don't know what this means.:icon_huh::icon_shrug:

7. ChargerJeff

ChargerJeff Boltaholic

Ratings:
    +352
    We were big favorites week 1 also - I don't care what the final score is as long as it's a W for the Chargers and this time we come out without injuries

8. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,733
    So, should we buy hot dogs for everyone on the Chargers bench during the game? I heard that Mark Sanchez was eating hot dogs while he was still in the game against the faiders this past weekend. If that isn't the biggest diss, what is?

The following taken from Yahoo sports:

Oakland hot dogs get a big-time endorsement from Mark Sanchez

Late in the New York Jets' mud-stomping of the Raiders yesterday, CBS cameras caught Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez(notes) on the bench, trying not to be noticed while eating a hot dog. Mustard packet in his right hand, hot dog in his left, Sanchez tried very hard to keep his mid-game dining a secret. No dice, though.

Sanchez -- as he explains in the video below -- had been ill and unable to eat much in the week leading up to the game. To my knowledge, no one chastised him for having the in-game snack -- not yesterday when it happened, and not today in the media -- but he still apologized immediately. I think his biggest concern was probably the perception that he was showing up the Raiders; making the statement that, "Hey, beating the Raiders is so easy that I can do it while scarfing down some delicious wieners." He obviously wants nothing to do with that kind of image.

I would doubt that any chastising would come from his head coach. Since taking the job, Rex Ryan hasn't been afraid to trash talk anyone. If anything, Ryan would have probably rather seen Sanchez eat the hot dog while standing in the pocket, the Raiders pass rush making a futile effort to get near him.

Pointy :icon_twisted:

• Like Like x 1
  9. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072

Ball Parks or Farmer John's? Dodger Dogs are ok, but I would rather have a good Bratwurst or a Hot Link.

10. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +685
    It means that if you bet on the Chargers Point Spread, the chargers would have to win by 17 or more for you to win the bet.

Also if you bet on the Turds Point Spread, then they could lose by 16 points and you would still win the bet.

As far as hot dogs, I would take a good Brat over a dog. Beer boiled Brats of course.

11. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    [​IMG]

Its gonna get ugly :popcorn:

12. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,733
    Just saw the news on ESPN, Jamunchie is the starting QB on Sunday...

Pointy :icon_twisted: (Oh look, nachos...)

13. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    [​IMG]

The video .......

14. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,733
    Thanks Trumpy! I couldn't get that video linked up. Classic.

Pointy :icon_twisted:

15. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Richard Seymour's Raiders: From 'playoffs' to schoolboy also-rans
    12:53 PM

Last week, Richard Seymour had the Raiders flying to the playoffs.

This week, he's a little less enthusiastic about his 2-5 team' place in the NFL hierarchy.

The Raiders lost 38-0 to the Jets on Sunday. Afterward, Seymour had this to say about the team that last week he guaranteed would be in the NFL playoffs:

"I don't think we could've beat an Oakland high school team today." :icon_rofl:

Seymour elaborated and said since the Raiders fell into such a deep hole early (24-0 at halftime), they weren't prepared to mount a comeback. The Raiders have scored just 62 points, second-fewest in the league.

"Playing from behind isn't our strong suit," Seymour told reporters. -- Sean Leahy

16. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +362
    You can't beat a good Bratwurst!:yes:

17. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Bratwurst! Its not just for breakfast any more!

18. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +362
    I get very nervous when we have such a huge point spread in our favor. The Raturds will play hard, and we are not predictable...makes me very nervous. I feel good about the game being in SD...I really hope we blow the point spread away! Win by 30 points... Hard to imagine without a competent O-line.