1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Bolts add kicker, release Oben

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan, Dec 28, 2007.

1. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,583
  2. rexy2006

rexy2006 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,842
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Cut Oben for a ****ing kicker? Man, that sucks.

This dude better put every kick off into the seats.

4. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,583
    Thanks, Rexy. Whatever the hell I've got started at the Lions game & it's still hanging on. Lost my voice before the game even started. Could barely talk to Leo (sold him a ticket) during the game.

As for Rayner...thank God he's only kicking off. The Chiefs dumped him & picked up Carney. Edwards lost so much confidence in Rayer that he went for it on 4th & 1 against the Raiders, rather than try for a medium (40 yard - I think) FG. The Chiefs didn't get the 1st down and the Raiders ran out the clock & won the game.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    I doubt anyone will pick Oben up (but now that I have said that, someone will) and we can pick him back up for depth after the game. We have one tackle on the PS. Scifres must have trouble with the approach for the kick off and then moving down field on coverage. Confirms the opinion of those who think we need to draft fat boys.

6. mandude

mandude BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +59
    if I was miami or the niners I would, there are a lot of totally stripped O-lines out there. And he was set to start last year. But maybe he's too old, I always liked the guy.

feels like a weak trade off. I second rate kicker for a solid back up for on of the most important positions... maybe they know something we don't.

:icon_huh:

7. rexy2006

rexy2006 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,842
    Can you change your avatar, Mandude, pretty please?:eek:
    I was hoping I wouldnt have to look at the old, dead toe again.

8. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    None of the playoff contenders need him. The teams with really bad offensive lines know that he is too long in the tooth to be a starter. We can bring him back if we choose, and we probably will for the play off run. It's not really a gamble, but I don't see why we're doing this against the Raiduhs. They got nothin'.

9. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192
    Rayner nails them in the endzone all the time, however I would be very surprised if he isn't cut next week, and Oben resigned.

10. twilight15

twilight15 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +22
    Rayner has kicked-off 193 times; 15 of them were Touchbacks. He's kicked it Out-of-bounds twice this year for the Chiefs. The avg. kick return for him is 22.3 yards and has 1 ran back for a TD. He's kicked-off in 40 games

11. Daddy_O

Daddy_O Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +300
    Amen to that. Oben is my adopted Bolt. I'll keep my Sig as a vote of confidence in his return for the playoffs.:tup:

12. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    sorry for Oben, that sucks big time

13. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +505
    I said it already, this is a joke. OK it might be for only one game but what if Oben (amazingly) gets picked up by another team and McNeill goes down. Who plays LT?, Clary?. And we see the return of T Rex (aka Olivea) at RT with Pape backing them up!.

Surely to hell Scifres can kick off for 1 freakin game?. :icon_huh:

Heck u would think one of the rest of them could kick a ball. If he is gone for good what an ignominious end to a good player who gave his all to the Chargers while here.

14. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    I don't think Oben has been 100% ever since the foot injury and following surgeries. Still, I would have liked to keep him as depth should something happen to McNeil. Love to see us draft a quick, strong, fat boy this upcoming draft though.

15. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Lack of depth behind McNeill worries me more than kickoffs.

Maybe there is more to Kaeding's injury than we know? :icon_huh:

If he's ailing that much, guess we'd better score all TD's against Oakland!! :tup:

And I hope that this isn't the way that Oben goes out. :no: