1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Bolts are 4-6 & Pats are 6-4?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by BeerGuy, Nov 18, 2008.

1. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +80
    If I asked you after week one if you thought the Pats would have a better record 10 weeks later, what would you have said?

Okay, I never would have asked that question for starters.

I'm lucky in that the Pats have overachieved to reach their mediocre record. With the key injuries we've suffered we have no business being where we are. The funny thing is, Matt Cassel is not the problem. He's playing way above his head right now and he seems to have the potential to be a real NFL QB. The defense? Marginal at best right now with some flashes of their old, stingy selves from time to time.

On your end, you've had key injuries too, but you still have tons of talent.

It falls squarely on coaching if you ask me. If we switched coaches you would be a lot better than 4-6.

I feel sorry for LT because this must be killing him.

At least you beat us head to head.

Both our teams will be headed home early this year to lick their wounds. It pretty much sucks...........

2. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Son of a *****.:icon_sad:

Season has gone down the drain, even if we make the playoffs we're gonna get shredded in the 1st round.

3. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +505
    No way Jose. We make the playoffs, there is no way we're one and done not after the adversity the team will have gone through.

We need to win out imho and we are capable of doing that. :tup:

4. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    I would have told you that you were insane, esp. after the Pats lost Brady, and I would look like a fool for doing so.

This has been the most thoroughly underwhelming season I can ever remember us having. Nothing but huge letdown after huge letdown, and we all have Norv and his awesome coaching skills to thank. I still can't figure how in the hell we beat up the Patriots or Jets for the life of me.

:mad3:

5. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    Best worst Chargers team ever.

6. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    This is actually a great comparison... basically a case study on the impact and significance of a head coach in the NFL.

Two talent-laden rosters lose arguably their best players and we can see the contrasting results.

7. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,583
    A good friend of mine is from Boston & a huge Pats fan. When Brady went down and we lost to the Panthers, he sent me an email that said "you guys just lost a game, our season is over".

I think the AFC East will continue to beat each other down, as will the AFC North with the Titans having a great shot at going...16-0.

Our division...oy...well...8-8 or even 7-9 might win it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    Then what? How far into the playoffs do you think the Chargers can penetrate?

My Patriot fan colleague is correct...the Pats season ended when Brady went down...add Harrison, Maroney, and a half dozen other injured players, and they are lucky to be 6-4.

9. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,583
    Those are the real questions.

Given the inconsistency our team, no one can provide an answer.

10. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    Our season is now riding on the Indy game, if we lose this one it will be time to start evaluating for next year. We can afford one more loss but it can only be to an NFC team.

11. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    Add Adalius Thomas to the injury list. Not to mention losing Asante Samuel and Roosevelt Colvin to free agency.

And we just saw Denver go up to Atlanta and gut out a win, even though all of their starting linebackers didn't play, along with Champ Bailey. They had a FULLBACK playing LB, unbelievable.

This is truly a TEAM game, more than any other. You get the entire roster pulling together under leadership they respect, and you can accomplish much more than the sum of your parts.

And then you have the Chargers who are doing the exact opposite: everybody is underachieving, many players don't even care if we win or lose, the slightest bit of adversity and they go into their shells.

IMO, we need to cut AJ a little slack in the talent evaluation area, this roster is still plenty talented enough for a deep playoff run. But AJ did hire the head coach, so he take the bullet for that, that one is all on him.

12. pure-sol

pure-sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +255
    Any complimenting of the Donks should result in death. Or at least torture. :tdown:

13. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,583
    I thought Atlanta would KILL Denver. Looks like the Falcons are showing what a young team they are.

14. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +505
    Maybe they'd take Wilhelm off our hands?. On second thoughts, no they won't, they know how shite he is. They'd rather play a FB at LB instead of take our trash.

:lol: