1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Bolts "in" @ 8-8? Pats "out" @ 11-5???

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by BeerGuy, Dec 22, 2008.

1. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +80
    The fact that this could actually happen drives me nuts.:icon_shrug:

At least you guys control your own destiny. I have to rely on Brett Favre.....yeah.....how's that working out for the Jets.....?

That's all I have to say about that.

2. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    All I have to say is

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

:icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl:

• Like Like x 2
  3. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,407
    It's kind of ****** for the fan of the 10-6 or 11-5 team when it happens but **** happens.

That's the drawback of being a fan of a team in a good division.

4. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Ouch!!!! :icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

5. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +80

Okay, sure, that's to be expected given the history between the Bolts and Pats.:icon_tease:

It's not over yet, though.

There was a guy at Qwest in Seattle that rubbed the Pats "loss" in my face about 10 minutes too early....and we know how that turned out.:yes:

I hope we both make the playoffs, AND, get to play one another.

6. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Mufflers Are Overrated

Ratings:
    +329
    AFC Title rematch in our house...Bet there would be some fireworks around here that week :yes:

You guys will get in. The Jets are crap.

7. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,407
    The Ravens aren't crap.

And Patriots fans want the Jets to win, that way they just need to win to win the division.

8. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,804

Trust us - we know how you feel.

We lost out on the play-offs a few seasons back to crappy teams in other divisions. :(

I'm stoked for the Bolts tho!!!! :abq1:

9. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,580
    Mind boggling, isn't it?

But what your team did to Zona yesterday...:icon_eek:

I'm watching the Charger game and all I see is the Pats score going, up, up, up. Then in the CBS crawl it said that Warner was pulled from the game, coaches decision.

10. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    The Pats are peakin at the right time...all we need is for Cassel to cream the Bills and for Brett to redeem himself and beat the fins.

I want to see the Pats play the Packers in the Super Bowl...unfortunately that won't happen this year.

11. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    If roles were reversed you would be laughing... :yes:

12. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    Well we beat New England, if they wanted to make the playoffs, then they need to beat Playoff Caliber teams! Otherwise, they do not control their own destiny!

13. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    I would be. :D

14. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    You must have missed the Cardinal game yesterday.

15. Fouts

Fouts I heart Deano!

Ratings:
    +345
    I see it as sweet Karmic revenge, due to all the cheating the Pats have done to win their SB rings... :trout::icon_finger::icon_mrgreen: Just razzin ya, I know you are a decent poster on this site, but it is quite amazing, that the Pats can finish 11-5, losing Brady! Must have an amazing spy camera man! :icon_rofl:

16. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,407
    The Cardinals suck.

They play in the only division that's worse than the AFC West.

17. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    Doesn't matter....we'll see you next week. :D

18. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    Hang on for next year. You Charger boys really do need to learn how to make technology work for you...heavens knows, LT is no longer state of the art....:D Just funnin' wif ya.

19. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    Not in the playoff's

20. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,407
    You won't be seeing me.

I'm in Arkansas.

21. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    Gotta be careful...there's still a chance...and your boys still need to beat the Broncos? That window of opportunity is really getting narrow, and your weapons are getting well used...that said, I hope your team does very well...they sure as hell give it a shot every year.

22. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,407
    The window is getting narrower?

The window was smaller than a pin hole 3 weeks ago.

It's gotten larger and larger every week.

23. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    Nope, because you guys might not even get in :lol:

24. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    Same with you guys....:icon_tease:

25. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    Not for the Chargers to win a SB trophy it isn't. Getting into the playoffs is no guarantee of anything except fans paying big bucks for tickets, hotels, meals, booz, and wimin....if you lose, you go home. But the Bills know all about that...think about the Jim Kelly era...:icon_tease:

26. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,407
    The Chargers control their own destiny. If they don't get in it's because they failed to win.

The Patriots, however, need help from other teams.

27. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,407
    The odds of winning the Super Bowl are much higher when you make the playoffs than they are if you don't.

And who says the Super Bowl window is closing fast? Why? Because LT is getting old? Philip Rivers is still very young.

28. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    Exactly. People act like we'll never get any other players, this was our one and only chance. If your GM does a good job bring in players, you should be able to compete over a period of time. Yeah, LT's got some miles on him, but don't forget our GM also drafted Michael Turner and Darren Sproles. I have faith that AJ will find more gems, and we'll be fine for awhile.

29. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703

If Miami wins the Pats are out... I think...

Go Dolphins :lol:

30. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    F the C*CKS*CKING CHEATERS!!!!

• Like Like x 1