1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Bolts / Jags notes from the cheap seats

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Cheapseats, Sep 19, 2010.

1. Cheapseats

Cheapseats Loud, proud Charger fan

Jul 24, 2008
    It was a sloppy game, but in spite of the errors made by the Chargers, they won the game going away. I had been hoping for a break out game for Mathews, but instead got break out games from Tolbert and Cason. Cason especially seemed to be all over the field...in a good way. The newest long snapper (# 58 in the program... # 3 since Monday) had one shaky snap in the play where the punt was blocked, otherwise he was on target. Merriman did get some pressure while he was in the game but he is obviously not back to form. Siler, Applewhite and Burnett had great games today. It was nice to see the run defense basically stuff the Jags, while our own rushing attack went for over 150 yards with multiple backs.

Speaking of offense, I was concerned about Sproles on Monday not doing much to earn his $7 million, but today he earned his paycheck. It was also nice to see Buster Davis contribute and NOT limp off of the field with an injury. Rivers spread the ball around to 8 different recievers, Gates is still the go-to guy but spreading that ball around helps fill any void left by VJ. Bottom line - as a group, the WR's will get the job done for us. At one point the guy behind me said "they've got 3 guys on Gates"...moments later Gates scored and I told the guy "I guess they needed 4". Dombrowski looked solid again. He was limping a little at one point but didn't come out.

Special teams still needs work, but they looked a lot better than on Monday night.

Today's win was pretty impressive overall considering that the only Jacksonville touchdown came in "garbage time" when the game had long since been decided. They overcame the turnovers, penalties, missed opprtunites and just rolled the Jags. For week two, I'd say things are shaping up nicely for the team.

We need to get people to buy tickets to the Arizona game, it should be fun to watch...and not on some up and down link for fans in the San Diego "market".

On to Seattle!!