1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Bolts/Pads

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by wrbanwal, Oct 2, 2007.

1. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    Would everyone rather go back to the crappy teams of the past???

:icon_shrug: :icon_shrug: :icon_shrug:

Come on BOLTHEADS!!!!

Let's represent with pride dammit!!!

:tup: :tup: :tup:

2. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    I'm not a big baseballl fan, but I do cheer for the Pads, I just don't have faith in them. Chargers, however, I do have faith in. This town is just one huge heartbreak after another.

Last season was awesome for both team, this year, yeah, not so much.

3. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    Don't stop, believin'.....hold on to that feeeleaeaeing!!

4. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    Not at all!

I don't blame the Padres too much, the Rockies have been unbelievable the past two weeks. Winning 14 of 15 is pretty damned impressive, they earned it. They have the whole Team of Destiny thing going, and I was worried even when we were up by two.

5. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    It could be worse, as we could be Cubs fans.

At least most of us have seen "our team" (Padres) make it to a World Series in our lifetimes.

6. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Good point. Hell, we could be Mets fans who's team was leading the NL East all season, only to have Philly rise up and knock them out of the lead AND the playoffs all together! I know Mets fans are just PISSED too. The Rockies are the hottest team in baseball and we just couldn't get it done. Not even with a 2 run lead going to the bottom of the 13 did I feel confident esp. with Hoffy up there! I was hoping we would score more runs to give Hoffy a 5 run cushion!

7. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    ...with wings

8. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    All the pain and misery both teams have seen along the way will make that first real championship just that much sweeter when it comes......in 2021.

You need to have the mellow SoCal attitude if you are going to hang with the Pads and Bolts. Closing the deal doesn't seem to be our team's speciality. But we still love them.

9. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    Of course we love them......
    But that "oh well" mentality people have is exactly why we SD fans get so much crap about being soft. I myself, am sick of taking home the consolation prize, I want to see us win this SHI*

10. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +984
    I just hope it happens before I die!

11. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +984
    If "soft" is a euphemism for not being an as*hole, I guess I can live with it. I have never agreed with the thought that you have to be a freaking jerkoff (ala Philly/New York/Oakland fans) to be a "passionate" fan.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    Fully agree. But I have been a diehard for the last 35 years for both teams. 0 for 70 on championships with lots of close calls requires a certain amount of stamina. You may only be in your 2nd or 3rd decade of this but I am in my 4th and getting too old to get my heart ripped out.

We should wear the laid back fan mantle with pride by the way. It is our thing. That is how it is done in SoCal. Do we really need another fanatical face painting fan base in the world of sports? I don't think so. Lets leave that silliness to East coasters and Turd fans.

Shorts, flip flops and some cold Corona's and a championship every 75 years or so and life is good.

13. rexy2006

rexy2006 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,842
    Yeah, hooked on a feeeleaeaeing! Im high on beeelievieing, that alkohawl makkes you fourgit how tooo speeellll...:icon_party:

14. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054

Bite your tongue! :icon_eek: I'll be older by then!!! :unsure:

I need my gratification a little more instantly...if not this season, next. Well soon. In the foreseeable future. Sometime down the road. Before I qualify for AARP...while we still have petroleum gasoline...you get the picture.

I have a hard time waiting in between 24 seasons.

15. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,551

I'm not gonna name any names around here........ aheeemm concudan...........but some people seem pretty damn satisfied with LT just walking away with the MVP award last year, and pretty damn satisfied that the Padres have two total World Series appearances, and pretty damn satisfied that Merriman was the DROY in 05'.

I'm not saying we all have to be like East Coast *******s, I'm just saying its time I didn't read so many posts about how "lucky we are to get as far as we have because a lot of teams dont...."

16. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    face it, your are not saying you have to be satisfied with anything, because you never are. If we get the ring, you will complain it was by scoring the most points in history.

If you think your Meltdown because of no ring makes you the greatest fan on earth, you are mental. Right now, you are the only person here masquerading as a Chargers fan. B4L is more loyal than you.

17. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    I have never forgiven the players for the Baseball strike (football yes). Fuc em....although I secretly died watching the bottom of the 13th inning in that Pads do or die game.....fuc....:icon_evil:

18. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +984
    Has Matt Holliday touched home plate yet?

19. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,551
    STOP right there.

Your absolutley 100% right.
    I'm not satisfied with crapping out in a one game playoff.
    I'm not satisfied with choking away LT's MVP/record breaking season in the 2nd round of the playoffs.
    I'm not satisfied with Merriman becoming DROY.
    I'm not satisfied with the fact we havn't won a major sporting championship since Kennedy was shot......

Obviously you've never played organized football Conc, or if you did you probably played for a pansy *** coach. If you had, you'd understand 100% why its NEVER a good thing to be "satisfied."

20. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    That was a perfect block of the plate.

21. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    No he made a spiritual connection with the plate after eating a mouth full of dirt.

Thats what you get with a zen umpire...:icon_tease:

22. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036

You know you could just take that attitude and be satisfied with that!!

why do you feel it necessary to bag on the other fans around here by starting a thread that reeks of sarcasm???

23. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,551
    I'm not bagging on anybody.
    He was calling me an a-hole for being dissapointed that we once again failed to win a big game, and I wanted to know why.

Trust me, I wasnt the one picking a fight.

24. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036
    so, tell me this

what was the purpose of starting a thread telling SD fans to get use to disappointment??

:icon_huh:

25. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,551
    I'm saying that we should be used to dissapointment.
    I was just expressing my disgust, not picking a fight with anyone.

I really didnt think there was anything to argue about in the first place, its pretty much unanimous that we're all dissapointed.

26. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036

OK, maybe next time you might want to think about wording it a little different, or post your disappointment in one of the thousand other threads covering our disgust and disappointment

:tup:

27. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +984
    I didn't say "oh well," I gave credit where it's due. The Rockies EARNED it. They have been playing lights out, their bats are the ones who lit Trevor up.