1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Bolts Re-sign Three from Practice Squad

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by boltmanbz, Jan 29, 2008.

1. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    Bolts Re-sign Three from Practice Squad

The Chargers have tabbed three practice-squad players for reserve/future free agent contracts: DB Tra Battle (Georgia), DE Keith Grennan (Eastern Washington), T Tony Pape (Michigan).

Battle was impressive in training camp last season and could push for a roster spot in 2008. The Chargers kept only three safeties on the roster last season and one of them, Marlon McCree, was a massive disappointment.

Grennan is a hard-working, blue-collar player who faces an uphill battle, as the Chargers are likely to draft a player at his position.

Pape is a journeyman who has bounced around between practice squads and NFL Europa rosters. He has never made an active roster, and next year will be no exception.

Last edited 01/26/2008 12:26 PM by MikeLombardo

2. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,632
    Interesting about Battle
    Wonder if he's good enough at SS to push for a starting job

3. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    how about Pape

BIO: Three-year starter awarded all-conference honors the prior three seasons. Saw extensive action at both right and left tackle in college.

POSITIVES: Big, powerful mauler best in confined quarters. Patient, stays square and uses all his assets to the fullest. Blocks with a nasty attitude, easily controls opponents at the point of attack and works to finish them off. Jolts defenders with hand punch and drives opponents from the line run blocking. Disciplined and quick in his head.

NEGATIVES: Stiff, lacks adjustment and not comfortable in a wide area.

ANALYSIS: Pape has been a productive blocker on the college level and offers solid skills for the next level. Though an average athlete with only ordinary upside, can contribute for an NFL team if placed in the proper system.

PROJECTION: Early Fourth Round

4. TheBoltEater

TheBoltEater BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    PostAnteaterCharger, I am calling you out! After lurking here for some time, your outrage has, at last, forced me to register.

You sir, have stolen my avatar. I feel violated. In fact, I would at this very moment be consulting my attorneys, were it not for the fact that I myself stole the original images from others. But the PhotoShopping of the Anteater and the Bolt together was all mine!

I am The BoltEater! I demand satisfaction!

5. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,632

:icon_huh::icon_huh::icon_huh:
    So I stole something that you stole from someone else and therefore i have 'offended you'.
    Umm......yeah ok.

6. TheBoltEater

TheBoltEater BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    Yeah, I don't actually care that much. I was just rather surprised to see it in the first place.

Honestly, I'm always happy to see more love for the Eaters. UCI needs all the pub it can get.

7. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,632
    Well good I was going to tell you what to do with that satisfaction :icon_tease:
    Come on, i'm a UCI alumni, gotta show some love to the Eaters
    and btw welcome to the best charger forum on the net today!

8. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    Welcome to the Zoo BoltEater. We now have 2 Anteaters. :icon_toast: :tup:

Now to stay on topic. I hope that the ones we signed back to that active roster are going to challenge our starters and backups to step up their game when Mini-Camp & TC comes around again.

9. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    :icon_rofl:

This is no joke.

ANT is incapable of spelling the word "THE" and always does "teh" thing.

I did not ever think I would live long enough to see another Anteater Charger in my life.

This is huge. :yes:

Welcome

PS.....just because you and ANT went to the same school, I hope you do not develop any weird manlove type stuff for him. I am homophobic. :lol:

10. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,632
    Oy
    See what I got to put up with Trumpie?
    I'll be on Halo momentarily to beat some sense back into ya :icon_tease:

11. Daddy_O

Daddy_O Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +300
    Halo? Look for Daddy_O. U will get....ahem...pwnd. :icon_tease:

12. TheBoltEater

TheBoltEater BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    You'd think there would be more of us - after all, Irvine does have some 25,000 students and is all of about 80 miles from Qualcomm - but I don't know any others either.

Fear the Snout!

• Like Like x 1
  13. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,632
    I used to see alot of Raiders/49er jersies all over the place. the 49er jersies made sense because alot of UCI students come from northern california, the Raiders idk how many were real fan but they loved to give me crap for wearing charger gear (this was 2001-2005). Bet there are more now, bunch of turncoat raider fans

14. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654

Halo 3

Gamer Tag: YO COLON RIPPER

Just PM me your Gamer Tag first here because I get friend requests that I do not accept (I want a short list of friends to start).

This applies to anyone reading this and/or playing Halo 3.

Anyway, I am surprised Race or Gross (RB's) were not signed?

Is this a prelude to drafting a RB or two?

I wonder.

edit: oppps knights50 is your gamertag ... add me to your list as "Yo Colon Ripper"

15. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Welcome.

The "Fear The Snout" will take getting used to.

Maybe if it had fangs and flashed a gang sign or two ? :lol:

16. Electric Chair

Electric Chair New Member

Ratings:
    +579
    Fear the snout. Just don't let them near the whiff. :lol:

Welcome, Bolteater.