1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Bolts red zone offense SUCKS!!!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Chargers-Superhero, Sep 27, 2009.

1. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    This kicking field goals in the red zone is getting old. We just can't punch it in. Plus after being pushed out of the red zone Nate missed a field goal. Our offense can stretch the field, but cannot get in the end zone consistently.

Luckily our defense played good against Miami, but we can't always count on that, Miami is 0-3 now.

2. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Someone please make this the OFFICAL Red Zone Offense Sucks thread. :bolt::lol:

3. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    As the oline improves week by week and LT comes back we will get better - good thing is, even with all our problems we're 2-1 going into Pittsburgh and then the bye.

I can't imagine LT will be out past the bye week - and the ski bro's will only get better Vasquez should be back after the bye too. There is reason to hope b/c fighting through all of this will only make our team stronger in the long run.

I hope AJ picks up that center from the Saints to give us some additional depth tho, since Mooch can play multi roles.

4. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Mufflers Are Overrated

Ratings:
    +329
    SHHHHHH...don't say that too loud :lol:

5. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    I liked how we treid for a couple of fade route in the end zone. Floyd should have come up with that catch. But we need to stop wasting plays running sproles up the middle.

6. Zeus

Zeus BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +83
    That tends to happen when your missing two of your starting Olinemen and your RB LT. Sproles is good, he has trouble when the field is shorter.

Plus again, missing starters, and putting backups in tends to make it harder to get a push. Our O-line played better this game.

A win is a win.

7. GBERP73

GBERP73 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    I'll take the win. but as Norv said, the team are a work in progress. hope that it includes red zone offense and running game.

8. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Talk to our so called "offensive guru!!"

No more denial. Oh wait... that POS is just going to tell us that we don't have the talent!!! :icon_evil:

9. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    :icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

10. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Wait, didn't we SCORE every time we go into the red zone? I mean, EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

Yeah field goal suck, but it's better than nothing. What's really ****ed is that PR had the best day rushing.

11. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    If you like field goals, become a soccer fan!!!

12. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748
    :icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

13. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    After last week, it was clear we would have problems all year. The offensive line is beat up and the players left aren't exactly our superstars. Sproles is small and Bennett is just not the bruiser we need. Today though the schemes and the plays were there and we gladly took it to fourth quarter. It's something that will probably get better, but never satifying. Anyhow, **** the red zone, let the Rivers flow. 3 points is better than 0. Field goals win games too. How many conservative mantras do you need?

14. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    Wish i had a Captain Obvious pic :yes:

15. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    in the second half. we gotta protect rivers, that hit almost made me **** my pants. :icon_eek:

16. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    When your redzone offense sucking is your biggest problem you are usually in pretty good shape. In the Oakland game and Baltimore that wasn't our biggest problem. I am glad we made progress on those other little nagging issues like getting manhandled on both lines. No doubt this game was definite progess.

I wouldn't worry about the redzone too much. That will turn around. We have guys that know how to score TDs.

And I think Norv will finally learn don't run Sproles up the middle in the power package every other play as the season progresses.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748
    :tup:

What we need most.

18. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Well said! :tup:

19. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +210
    Seriously. 1st and goal on the 9 and Norv runs Sproles up the middle. Best case is he gains a few yards... which he did. What does that give us? 2nd and goal on the 6. Big deal. Waste of a down.

1st and goal from the 2 is a different story. 1st and 10 from the 17 is a different story.

The two corner routes had the best chance of resulting in a TD. One was a jump ball that Floyd would usually come down with, the other was a pass to Jackson(?) that could have been placed better by Rivers.

20. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    More good news...

...the Steelers have major red zone problems too.

(Hopefully our defense is not the cure for their illness):lol:

21. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    [​IMG]