1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Bolts Sightings Around Town

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Pointyearedog, Feb 22, 2015.

1. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,733
    I was out late last night, went over to one of my favorite dives in Normal Heights to have a beer, (Triple Crown Pub) and the bouncer tells me that there is a Charger player in the back of the pub. I come to find out its Nick Novak, and I eventually get to say hi to him and shake hands, exchange pleasantries. Nice guy.

Anyway, does anyone else have a tale to tell, meeting a Chargers player or any other athelete at a restaurant, on a public conveyance, etc.?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Fossil

Fossil BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +389
    Met Bobby Ross at the airport and exchanged pleasantries. Got to talk with Cam Cameron for a while at a fishing tournament. Both cool guys.

3. Cheapseats

Cheapseats Loud, proud Charger fan

Ratings:
    +373
    At a Chargers training camp at UCSD many years ago, I was almost run over by a golf cart being driven by Stan Humphries. Does that count?

4. ETicket

ETicket Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +367
    Apparently, only if you then exchanged pleasantries.

5. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    I used to run in to Tim Dobbins & Marcus McNeill at the AMC and the Otay Ranch Mall from time to time. I've seen and talked to Nick Hardwick and his wife @ the Farmer's Market in Hillcrest a few times too. Nick is awesome to talk to, every bit the cool person you'd expect him to be.

6. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +434
    Years ago the bolttalk.com brethren got together to fly me out to San Diego to see my first and only game. Best yet it was against the turds. Conc put together the airlines miles, thumper gave me a place to stay for the weekend, and trumpet man supplied an extra ticket to the game. Eventually after the game we went to a bar ( can't remember the name) with Ant, and others and I got to meet Lorenzo Neal. Was an amazing experience.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. ChargerMike

ChargerMike BoltBruthaFromAnuthMutha

Ratings:
    +481
    Nick hang'n out at Triple Crown.....F'n sweet!!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,733
    ^^^Yeah, just a regular guy there, drinking with some of his buds. I didn't realize that Nick is actually from San Diego. Kassim Osgood also used to go to the Crown when he was with the Bolts.

A few years back, I went to McGregors after a training camp practice and pretty much saw half of the team show up there to drink and hang with each other. I was wearing a powder blue LT jersey, and literally ran into #21 at the bar. Also, got to chit chat and talk football with Lorenzo Neal, as well as a couple of ladies that just happened to be there and didn't realize that the team was here. Lorenzo bought us a couple of rounds of shots too, great guy!

• Like Like x 1