1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

BOLTS @ STEELERS GAMEDAY THREAD

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Carrie1219, Jan 11, 2009.

1. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    Well, I've never started a gameday thread before... Have been searching for the it but can't seem to find it sooooo let's get this party started.... :abq2:

GO BOLTS!!:bolt::bolt:

2. pure-sol

pure-sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +208
    I'm so excited I can't really sleep yet! Bring on the vodka! :lol:

3. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +441
    WOW, I cannot believe the results over night. A possible AFC Championship game in SD next week, OMFG.

4. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,760
    Go mighty Bolt's, and forge through the Stillers. Bring home the championship game or bring no one home.:bolt:

5. ChargerJeff

ChargerJeff Boltaholic

Ratings:
    +342
    Here we go, all that we could have hoped for.

Divisional title game

Chance to bring the AFC Championship game to San Diego.

One play at a time, win the turnover battle, pressure Rottenburger and protect Rivers - that's my gameplan...

Go Bolts!!!

6. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,976
    the short passsing game is going to be our best bet.The Steelers have a good pass rush, we need to be be able to take what they give us. The yards after the catch will be nice, but if we can get 3 yards every play, we will not be stopped!

7. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    If Norv brings the playbook from the Denver game then I like our chances

A LOT!!

:bolt::bolt::bolt:

8. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +1,976
    so do I.

I wonder if the guys watched the Raven's game last night, and what went through their heads when that Field Goal went through the uprights.

9. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +820
    I want a heavy dose of the power running game. I want that quick Steeler defense on it's heals. The o-line has to have it's best game today. :yes:

10. sdchrger

Ratings:
    +820
    Someone (Phil Simms I think) was talking earlier this week about what a huge psychological boost a Raven victory would give the Chargers. He said that knowing that you would host the AFC Championship with a victory would be a giant motivator. He said that what happened to him in one of his SB years.

11. sdchrger

Ratings:
    +820

Hay,

If we are down three points midway thru the 3rd quarter are you going to act like all hope is lost again? :lol:

12. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036

:no::no::no:

Just like my boy Sproles, I'll never doubt again.

For the record though, I don't think I ever lost hope the way you describe.

PS. *** HAT!!! :icon_tease:

13. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +1,976

KEEP THE FAITH!!!!!!!!

14. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
  15. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,760
  16. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036
  17. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,683
    Wooooo! It's GAME DAY!!

I couldn't sleep - finally conked out at 2am, but woke up at 5am :icon_eek:

GO BOLTS!!

[​IMG]

18. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Simms likes our chances a lot.

Here's a little blast from the past ......

Chow still 'crazy as heck' about former pupil Rivers

By Kevin Acee
    UNION-TRIBUNE STAFF WRITER

September 15, 2006

Norm Chow remembers the toughness and the smarts and those late-night video sessions that Philip Rivers wouldn't let end.

And he remembers the victories.

Chow was North Carolina State's offensive coordinator for only Rivers' freshman season there, but it was an important time in the kid's development.

Rivers said this week the way Chow coached him “propelled me forward for the rest of my career.”

Chow has other things to worry about this week than how his former pupil is doing, even a pupil of whom he thinks so highly.

He will be in the visiting coaches' booth Sunday at Qualcomm Stadium. As offensive coordinator of the Tennessee Titans, he will be paying attention to the field primarily when Rivers is off it. Neither has he had time to watch any video of Rivers this season.

But he gladly takes the time to speak about him.

Chow often prefaces his comments about Rivers with the disclaimer that he is biased.

“You're asking the wrong guy,” he says. “I love the guy. I'm crazy as heck about him.”

It was Chow – long revered as the offensive mind behind the high-flying Brigham Young offenses of the 1980s and '90s and noted quarterback-maker who molded Carson Palmer and Matt Leinart at USC – who was predicting great things for Rivers leading up to the 2004 NFL draft even as everyone else was falling all over Eli Manning.

“Whoever drafts him will be in the Super Bowl in three years,” Chow said.

At the time, it was not known Rivers would be sitting on the sideline for two years. But Chow's belief in Rivers has not changed.

“I was hoping (Drew) Brees would stay healthy and maybe (Rivers) would come to Nashville,” Chow said this summer. “ . . . He will will that team to a couple wins (this season).”

Chow saw that first-hand.

It took Chow and N.C. State coach Chuck Amato one day to make Rivers their starting quarterback in spring drills before his freshman year. (Rivers graduated from high school a semester early.)

“You knew he was special the minute he got there by his demeanor,” Chow said. “There was a veteran (quarterback) there. After the first practice I went into the head coach's office and said, 'Chuck, c'mon now.' He was thinking the same thing.”

And Chow will never forget the first two games Rivers played for the Wolfpack, come-from-behind victories with fourth-quarter rallies engineered by Rivers.

Rivers threw for 397 yards and two touchdowns against Arkansas State in his debut and a week later for 401 yards and five touchdowns at Indiana, coached at the time by Chargers offensive coordinator Cam Cameron.

“The first time we ever put an outfit on the field, against Arkansas State, we couldn't make a first down for nothing,” Chow said. “It was pouring rain. Philip kept going. We tie for overtime and win it. Ask Cam Cameron, we got to Indiana with two or three minutes to go.”

The Wolfpack started 4-0 under Rivers and finished 8-4, winning the Micron PC Bowl, of which Rivers was MVP.

“That team wasn't very talented that year,” Chow said of North Carolina State in 2000. “He willed half those wins.”

Rivers gives Chow much praise for his accomplishments that season – and, to a certain extent, beyond.

“I never would have been able to play as a freshman if he wasn't there that spring,” said Rivers, who went on to make an NCAA-record 51 starts, including the four bowl games in which he was MVP. “He didn't spend a lot of time on the fundamentals, which I wasn't very good at. He coached me on it, but he didn't spend (a lot of) time. He spent time on getting me ready to play, giving me a chance to succeed as a young quarterback. By him doing that, we were able to win a bunch of games my freshman year.

“I wouldn't have had a chance if we were trying to do too much. He was real simple, but he gave us a chance by knowing what I could do. By him giving me that start I think that kind of propelled me forward for the rest of my career.”

Chow heard that Rivers threw just 11 times against the Raiders. He knows that was not the Chargers' plan going in, but he thinks it was “smart” given “the Chargers' defense and what they were doing.”

Still, Chow has a sense that Rivers is not yet appreciated by fans here.

“I don't think people realize the talent this young guy has, not only the physical skills but the mental makeup, the things he will do,” Chow said. “This guy is special.”

I believe!!!!! :abq2: :abq1: :abq2:

19. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    I HAD A VISION LAST NIGHT :icon_eek: :icon_eek:

I SAW OUR NEW HERO AND OUR NEW DENNIS GIBSON...

HIS NAME IS ......

CLINTON HART
    :icon_toast: :flag: :bolt:

20. ChargerJeff

ChargerJeff Boltaholic

Ratings:
    +342
  21. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    In a few hours, we are leaving to hang with players families to see how they root on their boys. I was told to be ready to "root my *** off" by one of the players wives :lol:

This is going to be a game for the ages.

The muti-fecta of revenge is at hand but the Panthers lost which means bring on Eli :yes:

22. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654

That is a massively cool picture. :icon_toast:

23. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Well... scratch that weather report I posted.

Ed Werder is on ESPN live right now from the field and it's snowing like a M'fer... the field is covered in it...

he keeps getting hit by the snow blowers while he's trying to give his report. :lol:

24. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    No wonder you think that Hart will be the hero ....... :icon_tease:

Tell his wife (Kelly?) hello. :abq1:

25. sdchrger

Ratings:
    +820

What's he gonna do from the sidelines, trip Willie Parker as he goes by?

26. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Kelli is the ****. I now feel vindicated with Hart starting like I said he would but no one would listen. He won that job and is a low mileage vet which is RARE.

We will be sporting our autographed Hart Breaker shirts as the karma gods have told us to do. I also washed my *** especially good for this event. I scrubbed that biitchraw. :yes:

Now for the pain. I can not wait. I just texted my designated driver and told them to get here now and bring beer. :lol::abq2:

27. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    The ghost of Dennis Gibson will arise !!!!!!

28. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +1,976
    Put some ice in that snow, then hit him upside the head.

29. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +441
    Hope it clears up. At least u won't have Dublin weather. Pissin rain here and blowing a gale. Horrible horrible day.

Day for the pub beside the fire!.

30. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    Rivers is a winner, and he will get it done for us today! I FEEEELL IT!!:tup: