1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Bolts waive Jarius Wynn, claim DE Lawrence Guy

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by AnteaterCharger, Oct 8, 2013.

1. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,601
  2. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,398
    Obviously, it was Wynn's fault that the Chargers couldn't execute Sunday night. ;)

3. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +633
    Telesco brought him in this time last year and he performed well for the Colts. I'm guessing this has something to do with how bad Wynn and Reyes are against the run and how good Lissemore looked against the run and pass. Also, playing them on MNF helps too.

Wynn is a little undersized for the DE position in the 3-4 but I thought he looked good against the pass, he just gets bullied in the run game, and where getting an all out 3-4 DE which is a better fit.

4. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +768
    Colts waived DE Lawrence Guy.
    Signed on September 24, Guy ended up playing 46 snaps in two games, and grading out well in Pro Football Focus' ratings. It's possible he'll get a look on waivers, but his most likely destination is the Colts' practice squad

Chargers claimed DE Lawrence Guy off waivers from the Colts.
    DE Jarius Wynn was released in a corresponding roster move. Guy played 46 productive snaps for the Colts before being waived on Monday, even blocking a field goal in Sunday's win over the Seahawks. He'll be a reserve along the Chargers' thin defensive line.

5. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +633
    Wonder if Telesco is thinking about trade options if Jarrett Johnson is lost for a significant time. Andre Branch or O'Brien Schofield is who I'd like to see us go for.

6. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,183
    I hope so. We are going to need some help at LB.

Why do we have so many injuries year after year? Just bad luck?

7. Fossil

Fossil BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +300
    I wonder if his middle name is DeCable, and we should refer to him as Larry DeCable Guy?

8. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I love the smell of football in the morning.

Ratings:
    +1,142
    So, we lost Wynn, and hired some guy?

9. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +768
    This was posted back in August but I'm sure they would consider it if they got an offer

Branch, last year's No. 38 overall pick, has been running exclusively with the second-team defense in training camp, and his "lack of consistency" has landed him on the bubble. He played just eight snaps in last week's preseason game, and is competing for playing time with Ryan Davis. Branch registered just one sack in 13 games as a rookie. He might be trade bait these next two weeks.