1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Bolts WR Situation?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Gridreaper, Mar 14, 2009.

1. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...I was curious about everyone's take on what the Chargers should or shouldn't be doing in regards to their WR situation. Is Chambers due a big number this year? Should he be retained? Should the Bolts bring in Holt, Harrison or someone else of that nature to help mentor VJ, Floyd, etc?

• Like Like x 1
  2. BLITZED56

BLITZED56 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50
    Not sure what his cap number is but I think this is the last year of his contract.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rainman

Rainman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +126
    Holt would be expensive, any way you slice it.

Chambers should be back at full speed, and along with yjr presence of VJ and Gates, I'm not thinking the Bolts need to make a priority of allocating MORE cap space to pass catchers.

O-line, yes. Receivers, no.

4. Bolts 74'

Bolts 74' BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +6
    I think this is Buster Davis breaks out (for some reason he hasn't been cut).Chambers will probably be let go at the end of the year and V.Jaxx will get his extension.I also think Legedu Naanee should see more wide out action.

5. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Lego = Ronnie Harmon = money.:bolt:

6. 17Rocks

17Rocks Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +135
    Man I want to see more of this guy with the ball:yes:

Did you know there's still people in Iowa who think that Harmon threw the 86 Rose bowl...

7. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    I read a recent article last year or so about people still pissed and my boy getting ripped to shreads. The most fumbles in his life in that game and for that .... uhhhh .... crazy stuff.

8. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    I hope you're right. Ronnie was the man.

9. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Jackson is going to firmly establish his place amongst the top tier of WRs in the league this season. Chambers has been a great assest, hope he can stay healthier this year, and hope we can keep him beyond this year. Price tag may be too rich, but hpefully, he will take less to stay here. Legoland needs more playing time, period. If he plays more, he will excel, no doubt. Buster has this season to step up. If not, we'll be fishing for a new WR in the draft next year. :( Odd man out (IMO) is Floyd, I'd like to at the very least see us maybe nab something for him by way of a draft day trade. Last but not least, Kassim, who I even have a hard time lumping into the WR group, he needs to stay simply for his balls out attitude and overall awesomeness.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +683
    Jackson will be #1
    Chambers: 2009: $4.55 million, 2010: Free Agent
    Davis
    Floyd: RFA Tender of 2nd Rnder
    Naanee: 2009: $460,000, 2010: $550,000, 2011: Free Agent

And Gates.

The passing attack is set for weapons in 2009.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    The man was unbelieveable at picking up first downs. Just unbelieveable.

His percentage of first downs vs. total touches has to be one of the highest alltime.

12. Chargers4lyfe

Chargers4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9
    Agreed :icon_toast:

13. maestro876

maestro876 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +63
    Chambers will most likely be let go after 2009. He's getting up there in terms of age, and we have younger players on the roster already.

Jackson may also be allowed to leave, because of his off-the-field issues with law enforcement. Obviously he's developed into a great weapon, but we don't know what kind of promises he made to the team after his first DUI, and whether or not he broke them by getting caught for a second. That may lead to the team letting him go once he becomes a free agent after this coming season.

Osgood is not, and will not, be considered as an actual WR for the Chargers. He has been and will continue to be used as a special teamer only. With that in mind, he will not try to renew a contract with San Diego after this season, and will look for another team willing to give him snaps as a wide-out.

So after 2009, we need to prepare for the real possibility of having a receiving corps of Floyd, Nanee, and Davis. Maybe not even Davis if he can't figure out how to play in the NFL.

So depending on how things go this year, we may be looking at a major hole at the WR position after 2009.

14. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    I think that given the throws Legoland could be huge this year. well he's already huge, but you know what I mean:yes:

15. cranberry

cranberry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +195
    If all are 100% healthy yes.
    As much a WR gets thrown to, depends on coach's playmaking. So Buster Davis and Leg Naanee could show
    everything they can.
    On a good day Malcom Floyd has better hands than Vincent Jackson, but he needs ten games to have a good one. We'll see play action to Tomlinson and Sproles, too.
    So AJ won't call for an expensive free agent.