1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Bolttalk and NBC 2008 Blogger Mock Draft

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by AnteaterCharger, Apr 23, 2008.

1. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
  2. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    Very cool Loren. We got linkage from MSNBC.com! :tup:

3. -Scar-

-Scar- thedoomship.com

Ratings:
    +205
    THAT IS VERY ****in :cool: Anteater :tup:

4. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Sure is!!!
    You're really getting noticed on some major sports networks, Loren!!! :tup:

5. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Good stuff! :tup:

6. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    Ant you should have threatened to kill Dan Shanoff and told him to take someone else then you should have taken Phillip Merling. Believe me if Merling is available there is no way we pass on him.

Merling could be again a guy who teams are letting slide due to injury concerns and AJ says "our medical staff checked him out and he is fine" and he steals him at #27. Merling adds another 15 pounds and develops... he will morph into a Richard Seymour type of player in a 3-4.

The bad news is that Merling's agent is.....

*drumroll*

........Sexton.

........JIMMY Sexton

:icon_twisted:

No wonder the Jags want Merling, the Jags are smart as hell... they drafted my boy Clint Ingram... they love these types of athletic and relentless players. That is why their defense is so dominant. Their guys make plays and swarm to the ball and go 100%. I have a lot of respect for the Jags defense.

7. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Be a good pick, nice call, good work. Thing is, KC now has another #1, and that changes the board. Be nice if he is still there.

8. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    I think he still will be - the chiefs will be looking DE/CB probably because its too early for cherilus and its doubtful Otah/Williams will be there. Btw you guys shoudl read the vikings 'pick' its hilarious

and I just got lucky cherilus fell to me - if he wasn't there then I would've had to have made a tough decision

9. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    Ant I guarantee you Otah will be there at 17 and there is a great chance Chris Williams will be there at 17 as well.

10. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    gosdner chericlius I believe is who the experts think we'll take. So its the easy pick. But I don't think thats whats gonna happen. If the chargers get good picks to trade down they'll do it. Since Atlanta has 3 2nd round picks I've got to think they have some ammunition to move down with. Just hope theres a player they want or someone really wants that will give us some good draft picks.

I keep wondering why they keep saying a player can play right tackle but he couldn't play left tackle. Anymore teams have at least two good pass rushers so you need quick footed pass rush defenders on both sides. Olivea is the perfect reason that you just can't plug in any big guy on the right side. Guy has to have some good quick feet and be agile.

11. maestro876

maestro876 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +63
    I agree with your pick. If we don't trade down, and he's on the board, we'll take Cherilus.

12. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +434
    :tup: :yes: I was about to say the same thing.....I think Williams go before Otah and both are there at 17!

13. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    <embed width="430" height="389" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://s115.photobucket.com/flash/player.swf?file=http://vid115.photobucket.com/albums/n314/Taldor/GoChajahsGoShort.flv"></embed>

Go Chargers:abq2:

• Like Like x 1
  14. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    :icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

15. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    I'm just not a fan of Cherilus, I think he's entirely overrated.

Guys i'd like to see us draft if we keep our 27 pick....
    1. Jonathan Stewart- (Reminds me of a young Emmitt Smith, a great protege for LT to work with)
    2. Chris Williams
    3. Kenny Phillips
    4. Dan Connor
    5. Brandon Flowers

16. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    If we are forced to pick at 27 here is my board.

#1 Phillip Merling
    #2 Antoine Cason
    #3 Kenny Phillips
    #4 Brandon Flowers
    #5 Trevor Laws
    #6 Chris Johnson
    #7 Kentwan Balmer
    #8 Gosder Cherilus

:yes:

17. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I agree with you about Cherilus. He just doesn't seem that athletic to me. Big, sure, but not very agile & I have doubts about his motor. I'd love to see Branden Albert fall, but that won't happen. Don't see AJ taking a RB at 27 either. We'll trade down & pick up either Flowers or an OL in the second, RB in the third, more OL in later rounds.

18. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    :no:

I would take that bet.

19. Electric Chair

Ratings:
    +579
    AJ and "The Nix" have both referenced the depth of OT in this years draft. If we trade down, then I look for an OT in with the latest pick we get (third?).

I don't think there is any way we go OT in the first. JMO.

20. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    Ant,...

:bow::bow:

good onya *man*... :cool2:

21. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551

Yep, If we could trade the pick and get a mid 2nd and 3rd, and maybe a pick next year that'd be ideal. Then we could pick up some guys like Reggie Smith and Matt Forte who would fit nicely in our scheme I believe.

22. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,928
    That's respect :yes: and from a master

I've been a big fan of Cherilus since the begining and I just think he'd be a perfect right tackle in the system. He was teh top player on my board and there he was staring at me at the chargers pick

23. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    Not really since even though I put him there the odds of all those other players coming off before him are something like 28,000/1

24. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321

oh, I meant the NBC gig... I'm not a Cherilus fan.... :lol: watched Ryan run too much this year... :lol:

25. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243

Bingo. Unless Cherilus is going to be an OG, then I don't see him playing for SD.

SD just dumped an OT (Olivea) with limited pass blocking ability, yet people want to bring in another slow footed guy who can't handle speed rushers? I don't get it.

• Like Like x 2
  26. Electric Chair

Ratings:
    +579
    :icon_rofl:

So in other words, Ant blew it? :icon_rofl:

Just giving you ****, Ant. :icon_tease:

Just looking at what was drafted after you, Cason would have been my pick. There are a ton of picks that are WAY off in that mock, but it was fun reading it.

If Kirwin and Ryan weren't so gey about Gosder on their show, I doubt that he would be getting so much pub from the prognosticators. Yes, he is a hard worker with a nasty disposition, but the guy lacks the athleticism necessary to be a OT worthy of a round one selection.

I hope we find a dance partner and trade down, or AJ finds a way to pull another pick or two out of his ***. It's going to suck if we only get the first and then don't pick again until the 5th.

• Like Like x 1
  27. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,928
    aw:censored:
    :broncfan:

28. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Congratz ANT, that's awesome! :tup: :icon_banana:

29. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    Jay Paris from the NC Times also agrees with you Ant.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/football/nfl/specials/draft/2008/04/23/beat.mock3/index.html

<object width="408" height="347"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><embed src="http://static.si.com/pvs2/lib/swf/eplayer.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="408" height="347" allowfullscreen="true" FlashVars="acfg=http://static.si.com/nfldraft08/xml/app_player.xml&scfg=http://static.si.com/nfldraft08/xml/nfldraft08-system.xml&c=Mock%20Draft&p=215913&s=3029779&i=240152"></embed></object>