1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

BoltTalk Bugle #6

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, May 10, 2008.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192
    Looks good Conc, thanks!

3. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    Man those type of files really mess up my computer. Dont know why, but they do.

4. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +500
    I just wanna say Kudos to RMancil. I've had some very similar feelings/thoughts after the drafting of Hester. Very well done for stepping off the bandwagon for a minute to make some interesting observations/opinions.

I hope you are wrong and he does turn into a serious contributor, but I am more pessimistic than optimistic in that regard. I agree the drafting of Thomas later on seemed a bit of a waste to me. Again I hope Marcus proves me wrong too.

When I see your list of players we could have had when we picked Hester my jaw drops a bit.

Anyhows like I said let Jake prove us wrong and AJ right once again. :tup:

5. rexy2006

rexy2006 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,842
    This is one of the things that helps bolttalk grow. I love conc for how hard he works on this.

Conc not only talks-the-talk, he walks the walk.

You forgot to ask for my proofreading/editing skillz this time. I will e-mail you some things I noticed...

6. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    Yeah, I was running out of time and did not have any heads up for you. I thought it would be rude to drop it on your lap last minute.

Also a BIG thanks to RMANCIL!

7. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    Another great issue Conc! Thanks to all that help out and contribute.
    :icon_toast:

8. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Nice job from both of you Conc and Rom. I suspect Hester will do better here than he would on a lot of other teams because he was drafted with the system Norv is running in mind. The more I think about him, the more I see his versatility as an integral piece of the system. He can be successful in doing the things they tried without consistent results with LoNeal last season- short yards inside, flare passes and blocking-the only thing Neal was actually useful for for the most part. He and LT both represent threats to catch the ball out of the backfield. As big as he is it seems Hester will actually be able to work out of the slot like LT or Naanee. Hester may not be really dominant in any one aspect of the game other than as an inside runner, but he does a lot of things extremely well and Marcus Thomas seems a be a similar back in a smaller package. Initially I like who they have picked up.

9. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    I stopped reading after "Rmancil" :icon_tease:

10. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    wait! You can read?:icon_tease: