1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

BOLTTALK CONTEST: Operation "LET NO FAN BE LEFT BEHIND!"

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, Sep 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    Operation “Let No Fan Be left Behind

OK Boltsville, we have a situation. It has come to our attention that not every Charger fan lives in Southern California. Shocking but true. We have found that they cannot easily attend Charger games, or experience the thrill of going to a tailgater with other Charger fans. So we at BOLTTALK.COM have decided to take action like no other fans site ever has before (Well at least to out beer addled memory that is).

We are beginning Operation “Let No Fan Be left Behind”!

This is a contest for the Bolt fans who live outside the Southern California area. This contest is actually quite simple. Don the colors, bear the lightning bolts, go out to a public place and have a picture taken of you representing the Chargers like the rabid fans we are! Post your pictures here, then on October 16 we will ask a selected staff of people to vote on the two most rabid Charger fans, (#1 fan, and the runner up).

The two selected will win a fabulous prize package consisting of:

A) 1 50 yard line ticket to one of the following games:
    a. Sunday, October 29 1:05 pm St. Louis Rams (6-10) FOX
    b. Sunday, November 5 1:15 pm Cleveland Browns (6-10) CBS
    c. Sunday, November 26 1:05 pm* Oakland Raiders (4-12) CBS
    d. Sunday, December 10 1:15 pm* Denver Broncos (13-3) CBS
    e. Sunday, December 17 1:05 pm* Kansas City Chiefs (10-6) CBS
    B) Invitation to the BOLTTALK.COM Tailgater, where you will be the guest of honor and treated to the ‘Carne of the Gods!
    C) Free air fare from any city that American Airlines flies to.
    D) Free lodging for two nights.

This is your chance to win a free trip to see your favorite team play. This is provided by the fans, for the fans. This is all done using donations from fans, there is no corporate sponsorship. This is about Charger fans reaching out to one another.

So go suit up, put on your face paint, don the colors and show us how you represent the Bolts in your city.

Pictures posted for this contest will be added to our photo gallery. Winners will be interviewed in an upcoming segment of the BOLTTALK podcast. To be eligible for the prize you have to be a registered user at BOLTTALK.COM and have at least 15 posts. The photo also has to be of the user entering the contest. Other fans can be in the photo as well, but you will have to identify yourself in the picture. The pictures have to be from this season as well. Unfortunately, this is only available to U.S. residence.

We would also like to Congratulate ‘The Champ’ on being the recipient of the inaugural Prize. The Champ lives in Cincinnati Ohio, and will be flying out on November 24 to join us for the Raiders game. Lets all make our Bolt Brother welcome, come on out to the tailgater and represent with Charger Pride!

• Like Like x 3
  2. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Wow !!!!

You mean this site is flying you out, providing a Game ticket and a place to crash - FREE ??????

Just show a killer fan photo and that is it ?

Sweet !!!!! :tup: :icon_toast: :icon_party: :rockout: :five: :icon_beerbang: :icon_bow:

3. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    That is correct. This is by the fans, for the fans! BoltTalk is just cool that way!

Lets see some photos people.

4. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    Entries so far:

VAChargerFan:
    [​IMG]

!~Bolt~!
    [​IMG]

Lets see some more photos guys! Get crazy and show us how you represent the Chargers! C'mon guys, you are getting a prize package worth at least $600 from fellow Charger fans, so letgs get out there and show everyone how we represent!

5. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    Entries so far:

VAChargerFan:
    [​IMG]

!~Bolt~!
    [​IMG]

BFSIA:
    [​IMG]

Lets see some more photos guys! Get crazy and show us how you represent the Chargers! C'mon guys, you are getting a prize package worth at least $600 from fellow Charger fans, so letgs get out there and show everyone how we represent!

6. Katrina

Katrina BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    OK! Here I am representing, in Fredericksburg, VA at Buffalo Wild Wings this past Sunday. This shot is outside the bar before the game. Steeler fans on the left and I'm on the right with my arms up in the air.
    [​IMG]

And here I am just inside the entrance to the bar...
    [​IMG]

13 - 17! I'm likin' that score! I was watching the bigscreen in front of me, and there was one behind me too.
    [​IMG]

Wow, it felt great to walk past those Steeler fans at the bar after the game proudly wearing my blue and gold! I was homesick from seeing all the aerial shots of San Diego, tho! It's been 10+ years since I set foot there. My trip in August for my H.S. Reunion got canceled due to a head cold - I was unable to fly. Send help soon! I'm surrounded by Redskins fans!

• Like Like x 1
  7. bigcarson50

bigcarson50 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +54
    Ok here it goes, I am horrible at posting pictures.

I tried to get over to Ditka's Restaurant when he Sean Salisbury, and another guy do a show on thursdays for the local ESPN station, to get my picture taken with them in my jersey. I got out from teaching late since i had to go during lunch and just got my picture taken with Sean.

He was really nice about it. Sorry about the quality, the batteries died in the camera so I had to use the phone :tdown:.

When I went up to where they were doing the show, there were so many Bears jerseys and here I am in a Charger jersey. Some guy yelled "wrong jersey pall" I told him we'd play each other in Feb. and he said "you think you guys can make it?" I said "I sure do big boy, I sure do"

Anyway, so here is my entry from the heart of Chicago.

Edit: I guess I didn't explicitly identify myself. That is me on the right and everybody's favorite Escondidoan (sp?) Sean Salisbury on the left at Mike Ditka's Restaurant in downtown Chicago.

[​IMG]

Here is one that I would have entered if last season were allowed. This is from after we beat the Colts. We asked on Colt fan to take our picture and he literally told us to **** off. Someone else was nice enough though.

[​IMG]

8. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    Tomorrow is the end of the contest. Winners will be announced on Wednesday the 18. Thank you to those of you who entered and good luck!

9. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    Megold0175:
    [​IMG]

T.Druann:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  10. megold0715

megold0715 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70
    [​IMG] a tattoo i did on myself THE FAMILY REPPIN 619 FROM NY [​IMG]

11. megold0715

Ratings:
    +70
    [​IMG] me showin pride ,and with the family new york reppin the chargers,...[​IMG] its cold in ny believe it go chargers...[​IMG] hanging with the giants fans up in the big apple.... once again the tattoo i did on myself [​IMG] well next weeks the chiefs in k.c lets do this

12. megold0715

Ratings:
    +70
    [​IMG] i love this i bought so much paint it will last me the next 15 seasons i bleed blue and gold it was cold yesterday like 30 degrees too lol [​IMG] me and my girl she looks california but shes straight up ny repping the bolts...[​IMG] me and my girl at the Q we flew out for the game 7 am watched the bolts kick butt then had to head back to ny on the red eye 11 1/2 hours in the air for our SAN DIEGO CHARGERS ,THATS RIGHT BABY. all good

13. sdchargeher

sdchargeher BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    [​IMG] Me at the SF Tailgate. Was a GREAT DAY!:bolt:

14. compubolt

compubolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +186
    I think this guys needs a free ticket to a game, he has his AFC champion's license plate in his work truck. :lol: :lol:

[​IMG]

15. sdchargeher

sdchargeher BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    [​IMG] Me at Training Camp Opening Day!:bolt:

16. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    megold0715 (Marc from New York) had the most votes and gets first choice of the following home games:

a. Sunday, October 29 1:05 pm St. Louis Rams (6-10) FOX
    b. Sunday, November 5 1:15 pm Cleveland Browns (6-10) CBS
    c. Sunday, November 26 1:05 pm* Oakland Raiders (4-12) CBS
    d. Sunday, December 10 1:15 pm* Denver Broncos (13-3) CBS
    e. Sunday, December 17 1:05 pm* Kansas City Chiefs (10-6) CBS

BFISA (Toby from San Antonio) got the second most and gets the second pick.

I will get them each one round trip airfare on American Airlines from a local airport. They will get to sit with Trumpet_Man on the 50 yard line in primo seats. We will get a hotel room for the visiting fans.

Thank you to all of you who entered.

I look forward to hearing about your trip to San Diego.

Again, congrats to the Champ, megold0715, and BFISA who are the out of town fans who will be brought in and treated to a home game.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    I just want to give a big thanks to everyone that sent in entries.

VAChargerFan
    NomadicBoltFan
    !~Bolt~!
    Katrina
    bigcarson50
    T.Druann
    sdchargeher

Some of you definitely deserve an honorable mention! :tup:

And of course BIG CONGRATS to our winners megold0715 & BFISA! :icon_party:

• Like Like x 1
  18. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    Yeah thanks to everyone who participated! You guys are all awesome Bolt fans and it shows! :tup:

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.