1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

BoltTalk Podcast Show 52

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by ChargerRay, Aug 8, 2006.

1. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FireReich #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +853
    In this episode of the BoltTalk Podcast, Tony “Trumpet Man” Reyes sits in for Loren who is on vacation. We talk about Jammer signing a 5 year extension with the Bolts, our 1st pre-season game with the Packers, and our 1st tailgate of the year. We have the latest Chargers injury report, NFL news, Chargers Trivia, Listener calls and Frappr Shout Outs.

Check out these 2 new books on the Chargers “Bombs Away! Air Coryell and the San Diego Chargers” and “Sid Brooks’ Tales from the San Diego Chargers Locker Room”

Listen to us live every Tuesday Night from 9PM to 10PM PST on TPSRadio.net!
    It’s a new month, and you can show you support of the show by voting for us on Podcast Alley!
    New Intro Song “Up and Go” courtesy of Rory @ http://www.myspace.com/rorydekievit

Download The Show

2. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FireReich #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +853
    Thanks to all the listeners that joined us in the Chat Room, and to those that called in. We hope you join us every Tuesday night on TPSRadio.net! :tup:

3. ChargerRay

Ratings:
    +853
    Hope to hear from you "thejdog"! There will be plenty to talk about after the game.

4. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    I already talked to Ray and we're gonna give those tickets away next week. I'll let Ray decide how to give them out.

5. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    I like that it was Rated R as a Radio cast it was a little Howard Stern like for a sports Radio internet cast and I enjoyed it immensely but my only critique is that we need Loren back for the news section because it was sorely missing for around the NFL news and comment part. I can be bashed for it. So let the fish up side the head commence. All three of you would rock as a three headed monster for the show. If one would be gone the other two can easily take up the slack and give us the entertainment that radio needs for the hour that it is on. :trout: Here I go again with my suggestions. :lol:

6. RMANCIL

RMANCIL Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223
    Trumpie is the Hulkster! Les you were a no show whats up with that?
    T-MAN called you out over and over.....man bring it.

7. PhilipRivers#1

PhilipRivers#1 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +464
    I heard that. Something about leisure being a special honored guest at the tailgaiter. :lol:

8. RMANCIL

RMANCIL Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223
    All talk and no sack.:lol:

9. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,886
    Nice to be appreciated :yes:
    I'm typing from the Vegas Hilton, just wanted to do a quick check on my mail and the site. I look forward to listening to it when I get home tonight. I'll be back next week, I just wanted to go party, get drunk, get laid, ya know? Chargers football is important but man also needs vacation to chase tail

10. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Tell Conc that's my job .....

11. ChargerRay

Ratings:
    +853
    I've been getting some positive and negative feedback on last night's show. One thing that I promise to all listeners going forward, is that we will do our best to keep the show family friendly ie. no excessive cuss words.

We are all passionate Charger fans, and will continue to voice our opinions on the team, however, we will take into consideration that we have listeners of all ages tuning in to the podcast.

12. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    .... or no lubrication of the vocal chords until AFTER the show.

:)

13. ChargerRay

Ratings:
    +853
    Nah, TMan is always welcome on the show and he did do a good job filling in. Loren and I, just need to get used to doing the show live and getting more of you fans tuning in involved. I'll have more details on how were going to address the live fans in the chat room and the one's calling in at the beginning of next weeks show.

As far as the explict language is concerned, we have a lot of listeners who have been tuning in since day 1, and they are used to the show being family friendly. Many of them listened at different times either at work, in the car, with the family, etc. so we need to be senstive to that.

14. ChargerRay

Ratings:
    +853
    True, it is a live internet radio, but we did not start out that way. So we have established a style and identity way before going live. Not to say that it can't continue to evolve, but we do have to take into account the listening audience that download the show weekly, and who are used to us presenting the show in a certain format.

The show is about the fans ultimately, and that's why we want to be able to get ineraction from the live listeners during the broadcast. IMO, it has made it more fun for us as hosts, and has injected more energy into the show. But it's still a "work in progress", and will only get better as we get used to doing the show live.

15. ChargerRay

Ratings:
    +853
    That's our next goal is to keep everyone in the chat room involved and read back your takes and comments on the show. Didn't you guys like the new theme song from last night?

16. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    I started celebrating early yesterday. :icon_mrgreen:

I just got "head slapped" by Ms. Trumpie when she heard the podcast a few minutes ago. :icon_eek: She said I better play nice or I would "get it". I am not too sure what that means but it is not good.

Now I know how Howard Stern felt when his wife kicked him in the nuts.:lol:

17. ChargerRay

Ratings:
    +853
    Lol, did she give any positive feed back on the Tumpie?

18. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402

Concur and Stern Rocks :nana_rock: :icon_beerbang:

19. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    I like the new theme song and you can expand on it with new songs from up and comers that are wanting to be heard and something that can have sounds of San Diego Chargers written all over it. I know the fish up side of the head again for another suggetion here.:trout: :trout: :trout:.

20. T10

T10 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +22
    Okay, but...

I seriously don't think Ray and Loren are in it for the money. Even if they wanted to do that, Chargers.com might start giving Bolttalk some real ****. I wouldn't call devoted fans who want an informative, comprehensive Chargers podcast the "vocal minority" either. Maybe some of us just don't want Bolttalk to turn into "shock radio a la Stern". But Trumpet Man does rock! Maybe he should have a segment; call it "Sound Off' or something. Just my humble opinion.

:icon_shrug:

21. CrmWestwood

CrmWestwood BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +43
    exactly...he could have like the last five minutes of the show once a month and you could give a disclaimer prior to airing it "this next piece is not for the faint of heart"...or you could just have me do that...oh wait...that's what the voicemail is for...lol

p.s. I liked the theme song...good stuff

22. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    None.

I got no love form Ms. Trumpie. :no: She verbally abused me but I held my ground. :icon_banana:

I need to stage a comeback.

T10 suggested a segment called "Sounding Off" which sounds cool otherwise, I can be a nightmare if I get on a roll. :icon_eek:

We had planned an afternoon BBQ the day of the show so that was at the last moment as a guest host....I think I have a webcam around here some place so I can brown out the masses :icon_mrgreen: or hell with as many Boltheads that attend the tailgaters, somebody has a whole boxfull of HOT webcams some place. :icon_twisted:

23. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Yeah - I like that as well.....Let me build up some venom for some monsterous blasts with a *WARNING*....... :icon_eek: :icon_evil: :icon_twisted: