1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

BoltTalk - Spyware and Virus free

Discussion in 'Forum Help and Feedback' started by Thumper, Jul 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    It was recently reported on the Charger forum by one of that forum's moderators that the BoltTalk forum may be infected with spyware and he inferred that posters here would be infected.

I understand that if I were to randomly come across that post, I would have concerns. Let me assure you all, there is no spyware on this forum or website.

This person claimed that he was using "PC-cillin" anti-spyware software. I have already submitted a case with Trend Micro, the company that makes PC-cillin, to have them look into the possibility their software is producing a false positive.

Keep in mind that this information comes from the moderator of another Chargers forum and that he also made a comment about this explaining our low post count and that maybe his software has "seen the site (BoltTalk) and doesn't like it."

You would think that if he really felt there was a threat, he would have contacted someone here with his concern, rather than just making accusations on another forum. He did not.

Please, if anyone does ever get any notification from their anti-spyware software re: BoltTalk, let myself or one of the moderators know. I will investigate every case. I just find it interesting that with almost 5,000 unique IP addresses viewing this site each week, only one person has ever felt there was spyware here, and that person is a moderator of another Charger forum. :unsure:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Two places that I never pick up adware/spyware are bolttalk.com and Chargers.com.

One of the reasons I left the "old place" was because of spyware/adware.

3. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    lol, I know the "old place" used to load tracking cookies that many anti-spyware software companies consider spyware.

4. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,229
    I have never had a spyware problem here, and think it was a bit disinjenuous of the person to post that.

Dont know why he would choose to do that, but hey, to each their own.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    They can call it what they want, but it loaded my 'puter up with bullshit and slowed it down. I'd have to "flush" after every visit.

Even now, someone will pm me a link for a thread there, and say to read it ..... so, being a dumbass, I do .... and then have to go cleanse my computer again afterwards.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Here we go again.

Just because Bolttalk.com is getting some recognition, someone has to get jealous.

This petty forum jealousy which has been festering is bullshit and that is the way I see it.

All forums should welcome each other because we are all Chargers fans but some of the site owners want to herd cattle and that is all they give a fuc about it seems......

Here, you at least get to see one of the owners face to face to say "hey you know what? This sucks or kicks and they listen".

I use the most updated Norton **** on the planet and I have never had a spyware message or any crap associated come up with this site. If that happened and I consider Thumper a friend, I would say later dude (but I would still party with him). !!!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,229
    Zactly

8. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    That would be disingenuous :yes: :icon_rofl: :icon_tease:

9. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    I've also never had spyware/adaware problems with this site. My problem with his post was the "paucity of hits" crack, which was really disingenuous, given that a pick up truck fulla new posters jes signed up.

10. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Thank you everyone, but this thread wasn't intended to put down any other forum. I don't think *that* other forum's moderator really thought out his remarks. At least I hope he didn't, because they come off really badly.

The main intent of this thread however is to assure all the poster, lurkers, or anyone else that wants to view this forum, that we have never and will never load any spyware or tracking code on this website. Also, we are very diligent in scanning this website to make sure no malicious code in ever posted or installed.

11. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    For my PC I did a scan of this site for Spyware, Adware, viruses and any malacious software from here and all the types I used to do the scan told me that Bolttalk does not have any of the software that I scanned for.

I used:

Norton 360
    Stopzilla
    Spybot Search & Destrory
    Max Secure's Spyware detector

All of them said that my system was not infected with any of the mentioned spyware and anyother software that could damage a computer internet experience.:tup:

Bolttalk is very safe to be part of.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,229
    Gettin old already.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,229
    Which it did, as does the comments of all the posters here who back your claime by pointing out that they have never had any such problems.

14. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +820
    I really don't think there was any malice intended. I say we let it slide. God knows, I have more than my fair share of posts that were intended one way and perceived another. I agree with T Hump about just letting it go.

15. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    Word.

16. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Sorry, won't happen again.

17. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +820

Don't give up that easily.

:abq2: :abq1: :abq2:

18. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,229
    Wha?! Thats not how the game is played! What am i going to ***** about if you give up like that?!

:(

19. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Pffft....stay on his *** :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.