1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Boomer says Chargers likely to be upset.

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Thumper, Jan 13, 2007.

1. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    I was just listening to 1090 and they had a NFL Preview show on with Boomer Esiason and some other dude. He did say that he thought the Chargers would win, but he was asked if there was an upset this weekend, which game would it be?

He answered that the Pats over the Chargers. He said that he noticed that at the end of the season the Pats were playing much better.

His number two upset was Eagles over the Saints, but he thought the Saints would win with the home crowd noise in a dome.

2. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,727
    Boomer's a tool.

3. BayAreaCharger

BayAreaCharger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +109
    I agree. :tdown:

4. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,057
    We have been the under dog for most of the season. No one has given us a chance to do much of anything, yet we sit here 14 and 2 with the #1 seed.

Let’s just not worry about what everyone else is saying, and let LT and Rivers and Antonio Gates, Shawne Merriman and Jamal Williams and the rest of the Chargers do the talking for us!

We Believe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. PatsNufCed

PatsNufCed Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2
    What?

You want every national analyst to pick the Chargers?

Boomers the only one I've seen who picked the Pats.

Oh, and Bob Costas, whoop de dooo

Most those yahoo's don't know more than anyone here anyway

6. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    Too much has been made of the Patriots "peaking" in time for the playoffs. Look at how they finished up:

Win by only 7 AT HOME against Detroit.

Lose 21-0 at Miami.

Then close out with Houston, Jacksonville, and Tennessee.

Not exactly Murderer's Row. The Pats are totally overrated.

We are going to expose the Pats' lack of talent in their receiving corps, I think our DB's are going to step up tomorrow. :tup:

• Like Like x 2
  7. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    New Orleans is only .500 at home this year. The astro turf hurts them, because they are not very fast on defense.

Bryant Westbrook will run all over the 29th ranked run defense of the Saints.

8. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,508
    Yeah, that's funny. Most TV analysts I've seen this week have picked the Pats. If you look at espn.com, their "experts" mostly picked the Chargers, but on cnnsi, almost all of those guys picked the Pats.

I agree that alot of those guys don't know more than me, otherwise they wouldn't be picking the Pats.

• Like Like x 1
  9. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,057
    The Patriots have yet to stop LT, he has ran for 134 yards, and 217 yards in the 2 Games he has played against them.

Brady cant do anything when LT has the ball in his hands.

AND, LT has a better Quarterback rating then Brady this year.

10. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,880
    we're an underdog in this game not because we're worse then them in any area but because of brady and bellichek

11. bucnasty

bucnasty BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +16
    Its all chatter. Yap yap yap. They dont know what they're talking about. Chargers will DOMINATE tomorrow. It wont even be close.

12. tboltzcali

tboltzcali Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    The only reason why we arent given much of a chance is because this so called "playoff experience". Other than that, the Pats arent that great of a team everyone thinks they are. After we beat them, will we have the "experience" we need to win the super bowl? Im sure we will keep hearing this throughout the playoffs.

• Like Like x 1
  13. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,057
    Eeast Coast
    Sports
    Production
    Network

14. ChargersNguyen

ChargersNguyen BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +16
    Boomer is just bitter because MI:III didn't do as well as he thought it would, wait that was Philip Seymour Hoffman

15. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    <TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg0 align=left><TD class=bg0 colSpan=8></TD></TR><TR class=bg4 align=middle><TD></TD><TD>Harmon</TD><TD>Prisco</TD><TD>Judge</TD><TD>Bromberg</TD><TD>Davis</TD><TD>Richard</TD><TD>vs.
    Spread

</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=top align=right height=17><TD align=left width="20%">

</TD><TD align=middle width="11%"></TD><TD align=middle width="11%"></TD><TD align=middle width="11%"></TD><TD align=middle width="11%"></TD><TD align=middle width="11%"></TD><TD align=middle width="11%">

</TD><TD align=middle width="10%"></TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=top align=right height=17><TD align=left width="20%">New England
    San Diego (-4.5)

</TD><TD align=middle width="11%">[​IMG]</TD><TD align=middle width="11%">[​IMG]</TD><TD align=middle width="11%">[​IMG]</TD><TD align=middle width="11%">[​IMG]</TD><TD align=middle width="11%">[​IMG]</TD><TD align=middle width="11%">[​IMG]</TD><TD align=middle width="10%"></TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=top align=right height=17><TD align=left width="20%"></TD><TD align=middle width="11%"></TD><TD align=middle width="11%"></TD><TD align=middle width="11%"></TD><TD align=middle width="11%"></TD><TD align=middle width="11%"></TD><TD align=middle width="11%"></TD><TD align=middle width="10%"></TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=top align=right height=17><TD align=left width="20%"></TD><TD align=middle width="11%"></TD><TD align=middle width="11%"></TD><TD align=middle width="11%"></TD><TD align=middle width="11%"></TD><TD align=middle width="11%"></TD><TD align=middle width="11%"></TD><TD align=middle width="10%"></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/features/writers/expert/picks/week19

16. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,880
    by comparison alot of ESPN's major football people picked the Chargers

17. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,057
    Maybe Boomer is still a little pissed off because the Chargers beat his Bungles.

18. Johnny Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Not cool Boomer not cool...:tdown: maybe he'll pick us next week...

19. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    word

20. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    yep, I believe you nailed it.:yes: :bolt:

21. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FireReich #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +852
    When the Troy Aikman led Dallas Cowboys won their 1st SB of the 90's, they too had little or no playoff experience. It was Aikmans 1st playoffs, and his team was the youngest in the league. Result...A Super Bowl Championship.

He also said that playoff experience is way overrated. The "dynasty torch" that the Pats have, will not be passed to our Chargers, it will be taken.

22. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    I think he's already said he then thinks the ravens will beat the chargers the following week for the afc championship. And that the bears or philly or new orleans or seattle will beat the chargers in the super bowl. He's got it all worked out in his head.:icon_huh:

23. Johnny Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,703
    He'll be swimming with the fishs tonite...:2guns: oh yeah I don't do that no more...:innocent:
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

24. Johnny Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,703
    See what to much TV will do to you...:lol: :icon_wink:

25. When Lightning Strikes

When Lightning Strikes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +68
    im sick of what everyone is saying...and i cant wait till the game

this reminds me of the beginning of the season when everyone doubted the chargers and most of us we taking about just wait till we beat the steelers and the broncos...just give us two more weeks and everyone will see...

they have doubted our beloved chargers from the beginning...no one even expected them to have 10 wins. look at us at 14-2 with homefield advantage, best in the AFC, broken records galore and a healthy team going into the postseason. i say fukc em all!!!!

well see what we are made of tomorrow.

-james

26. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    I don't have a problem with what Esiason said. Hey, give the Pats at least that much--they really haven't given people too much reason to doubt in the postseason. The fact that so many pundits are picking the Bolts goes to show how good the talent is on this team, because I have a feeling the Patriots would be widely favored in a lot of other matchups.

27. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,057
    And with that big head, will come a huge helping of crow.