1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Boston Globe--Patriots Should Lose to Avoid Chargers

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by IFiredCHart, Dec 26, 2009.

1. IFiredCHart

IFiredCHart Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96

Running scared, are we? :bolt:

2. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +80
    Stories like that are a perfect example of why the Globe almost went out of business.........

Adam might not be looking forward to the game, but I am.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,582
    You're right. That is a STUPID article. Sounds like Kilgore gets paid by the word.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    I'm not convinced the Pats will make it out of the first round:no:

5. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,418
    Considering the potential competition and the fact that they'll more than likely be at home, I am.

6. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +80
    Belichick operates much more efficiently when he can play the "underdog" card.

We're undefeated at home, despite our current laundry list of weaknesses. We'll see what today is going to bring, though. It's supposed to be in the 50's and rainy, hardly a "brutual" winter day for JAX to contend with......

7. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    The season is never over until that final horn at the end of the Super Bowl. There's still a whole lot of football left this year, boys, and it is a little too early to count out any of the leaders at this point in the season.

8. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    You keep clinging to that. It's pretty obvious that the Pats are just not among the elite teams in the league this year. They have too many holes. They are the best of a weak division for sure, and they still have enough weapons to scare teams, but I think most people would be shocked if they made much of a playoff run.

9. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +80
    I would agree with you, taken at face value.

You also have to remember, though, that outside San Diego the school of thought is that the Chargers are incapable of winning the AFC Championship, regardless of talent.

Who is right, and who is wrong, remains to be seen.....:yes:

10. IFiredCHart

Ratings:
    +96
    My philosophy is simple: ANYTHING can happen and any team can win a given game due to a team playing over its head, a blown call, or simply a bad matchup.

Therefore, any team has a legitimate chance to win a Super Bowl as long as the team makes the playoffs, so as a fan, I can only have two reasonable expectations for a team: make the playoffs and do not choke away the playoffs.

#2 was not satisfied 3 years ago when the Bolts threw away that game versus the Pats. I am personally scared to death of facing the Pats again in the post-season, since we by all means should win that game, just like 3 years ago.

And living in New England, I will hear plenty about the loss if we choke again, too :/.

11. Chargers-Superhero

Ratings:
    +117
    Outside of San Diego??? We will play either at the Colts, or at home. We are playing better than 2008, 2007, or even 2006. This is the most complete TEAM effort we have had. Everywhere I've heard on the radio, or seen people on tv talk about the Colts-Chargers, they always give the edge to the Chargers, because they are hot right now, and own the Colts in past years. That's hardly just the San Diego area.

This isn't about talent, it's about playing your best football at the right time, and owning the team helps. :tup:

12. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +80
    When I said "outside San Diego" I was referring to the conventional wisdom of the non-Charger fan base. I wasn't referring to the Bolts playing outside of San Diego.

The Chargers are by far the hottest team in football right now. They may also be the most complete team.

Mark my words, though, the story won't be about them clicking if they get to the AFC Championship game. Regardless of which team they face, the media slant will be whether they can get over the hump or not. You still have Norv Turner as a coach.......remember?

13. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    As well you should.

BTW...it's freezing today in the OC...my bedroom was 57 this morning at 6AM...had to wait for the sun to come up to go outside and warm up.

14. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,418
    57...freezing?

You have no room to be complaining about weather. :lol: :icon_tease:

15. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    It really is amazing...I spent 51 winters in Maine, three in Lincoln, Nebraska, and one in Glasgow, Montana, and I survived quite well even when the temp dipped below 0 and stayed there for days. I move to California, and now I freeze to death if the temps get to 40.

I'm presently ensconced on my couch beneath an electric blanket turned to HIGH. It's warmer outside than it is in our house....we get no sun. North face.

16. IFiredCHart

Ratings:
    +96
    Look, you are a Patriots fan living in San Diego, and I am a Chargers fan living in New England.

Want to trade locations? :tup:

17. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    Actually I live about 70 miles up the coast in Orange County, and NO I don't ever want to return to New England. I can mail order lobsters, and they always have B and M Baked Beans on sale in the 99 cent stores.

18. IFiredCHart

Ratings:
    +96
    Yeah, you may be able to mail order to food, but we throw in the insane motorists on the way to the store for free.

19. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    You must live around Rt. 128.

There are NO fried clams in California except for one place in Huntington Beach. The owner is from Cape Elizabeth, Maine, and he flies in clams from Maine. It's called Longboard's.

20. IFiredCHart

Ratings:
    +96
    Forget about 128--anywhere in Rhode Island is just as bad.

And I have never been to Maine, but I am not a seafood person, to tell you the truth.

21. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,582
    What, no heater at your house? :icon_shrug:

22. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    Yes, but paying So Cal Edison for heat at the rates they charge offends me. It's a matter of principle....the electric blankets work quite well, and they are much cheaper than running a heat exchanger...screw the electric company.

Hot soup also works well as does vodka.

23. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,418
    Winner. :lol::icon_rofl::icon_party:

24. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +80
    Yesterday I made a huge snowman with my sons......today the snow is all gone, down to bare grass in the yard.

Gotta love New England weather........

25. Chargers-Superhero

Ratings:
    +117
    I know you weren't referring to the Bolts playing outside of San Diego, you meant the non-Charger fan base, as was my point on my post. The AFC championship game isn't our "hump" as you say. We got there in 2007. Hadn't been there since '94. The Colts are not our hump either. We are 4-1 against them in the past few years with 2 playoff wins against them, one being at Indy. If anything is our hump, it would be the Pats for the 2006-2007 playoff losses.

As far as Norv, he has coached ALOT better this year hands down with all the injuries, and 2nd and 3rd stringers stepping up to make plays. I have more faith in Norv this year than before. Too many people judge him for the Redskins/Raiders eras he coached. He's done a decent job in San Diego so far, 31-16, 3 division titles, 3-2 record in the playoffs losing in the AFC Championship to an Undefeated team with a QB on one leg, and no LT coming off his 2nd rushing title.

Norv has done better than we all thought, and has done alot better this year ...so far.... A few questionable calls here and there, but what coach doesn't do that during the season. 7-1 road record this year set a team record. He's a better coach this year, this is a different team with him than '07, or '08 with him.

26. vegasboy

vegasboy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +21
    I am convinced that if the Chargers play their usual game and get a fair shake from the refs(is Hoculi reffing the game?) they have the edge in a rematch with the Pats.

With the boneheads off the team,(Florence,Oliviea,McCree,Parker), the Chargers should play clean football and being at home should give them a big advantage.

Like I said if we play our game and get a fairly reffed game, we should prevail and slay the Evil Belichick Empire.:bolt:

GO CHARGERS!:abq1:

27. CraziFuzzy

CraziFuzzy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +6
    Good lord man, move somewhere that has gas.. ;-)