1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Bottom Line: 5-13 in the playoffs folks

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by wrbanwal, Jan 17, 2007.

1. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    5 and f'ing 13

now,

I'm really going to bed!!!!

I thought the healing had begun,

:icon_sad: :icon_sad: :icon_sad:

EDIT: that means 13 years of "wait until next year"

2. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887

Before you go to sleep, lick me.:icon_rofl: :bolt2: :icon_toast:

3. loweezy

loweezy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45
    How sweet it will be when Marty wins. Vindication! Let's go get that ring!

• Like Like x 2
  4. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036
    bend over!!

[​IMG]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

5. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    im with u, i know next year we will be going for it again and then marty can get that monkey off his back,its funny cause people want to get rid of him but who u going to replace him with? cam cameron? i mean he did give LT the ball a whole 9 times and has never been a head coach...

6. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    That is what everyone said at the beginning of this year.

AND in 2005 after that Jets meltdown.

WASH, RINSE, REPEAT.

7. loweezy

loweezy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45
    ... and the redsox won a world series.

8. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036

are you kidding me????

the RedSox???

I NEVER want to go through what those poor bastards have gone through.

I'd rather be a Lions fan!!!

:no: :no: :no:

9. loweezy

loweezy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45
    You think my point was to say that we're going to go through what the Red Sox have been through? I was merely trying to point out that anything is possible.

10. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,584
    A lions fan? A LIONS FAN? Dude...you can NOT be serious. With Matt Millen consistently pouring gasoline and throwing a match every year?

C'mon man.

11. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887

You'd love it dawg.:icon_tease: :icon_rofl: :abq1: :abq2: :bolt2:

12. P88F

P88F BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +99

ya dude im with this guy, **** that im tired on this Nazi coach! why cant we get Art Shell or some ****:tup: :abq1: seriously any coach besides Marty and Art haha. This muther trucker will never get us nowhere. i mean **** 5- 13 speaks for itself really!

13. tboltzcali

tboltzcali Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    Look on the bright side, atleast we are almost a given for the playoffs and we are only 0-2 in the playoffs with marty. Get off his jock and just deal with it for one more year!

14. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    We'll miss you, buddy. :icon_sad:

15. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    After...umm....86 freaking years!

16. LaDeezie21

LaDeezie21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    he's coming back next year so get over it.

17. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    All I know is that at this particular moment, I am much happier looking forward to a 4th straight winning season than guessing as to who will be our new coach and whether or not he'll be an upgrade over the old coot.

At least we know what we're getting. And maybe this year the entire team and fanbase will be a little more humble going into the playoffs.
    You know... acting like we've been there before.

• Like Like x 1
  18. mapcap55

mapcap55 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +66

You can't be seriously looking forward to another one and done in the playoffs...because that is what we are getting.

At least that is what we have gotten so far.

19. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    I was referring more to the winning season than to the "one and done". No... not looking forward to an early playoff exit. But no one I've seen on these boards has come up with a better coaching option. And I don't think there was one available.

20. mapcap55

mapcap55 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +66

I'm sure by training camp I will come back around and be on positive side of things. If I can be excited about a season when the HC is Kevin Gilbride then I can be excited about next season, but right now I can only see the same thing happening again. When this team gets into the 07 playoffs what do you think all of the media hype will be? we will be forced to endure yet another history lesson of Marty's woeful playoff past.

What will be the excuse next year when they get knocked off in their first playoff game?

I have grown too accustomed to this and I am fed up with it.:tdown:

21. LaDeezie21

LaDeezie21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    Well it seems like there isn't really a reason for you to watch next season is there?

22. mapcap55

mapcap55 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +66
    I have endured seasons with guys like Mike Riley, Kevin Gilbride, Al Saunders and Dan Henning as head coach. I began all of those seasons just like I will next year, with visions of the Chargers in the Superbowl, but please allow me to be skeptical of our chances in light of recent disappointments.

23. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    haha dan henning sucks

24. LaDeezie21

LaDeezie21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    I hear you. Listen I'm starting to warm up to the idea of getting another coach but not because I think Marty sucks as a coach. Compared to the coaches you mentioned he's pretty damn good. But because of the fact that during the playoffs his post season record becomes too much of a distraction. I think the players feel like EVERY play is crucial and that is simply not true, the Pats are proof of that. Brady had a horrible game and their team didn't play particularly well all game. they missed opportunities but we gave them extra chances to win. I think our players need to understand that. They seemed nervous the whole time, almost like they were waiting for something wrong to happen and it did. If Marty's playoff woes cause the team to play that way in the post season then I'm all for hiring a new coach. But please don't say that he's no good as a coach. I still remember very vividly the years we endured before he came to town.

25. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Which coaches do you consider as the most successful in Chargers' history?

26. Harley

Harley BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    what too accustomed to winning? yeah it sucks.
    stop acting like a spoiled little girl. "i'm fed up with it" you want your blanky?
    what's your alternative? oh yeah nobody has one. the players lost the game, the coaches positioned the players to win PERIOD. if plays were made by the PLAYERS we would not be talk'in about this.:yes:

27. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    I don’t think that will happen. Next year will be all about the PLAYERS atoning for their playoff meltdown. They won’t be tight and distracted, they will be pissed off and focused.

They are all upstanding guys, and they won't waste one second blaming Marty's "bad karma" for what happened last week.

28. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    Yep, makes one wonder whats up with the football gods. The chargers had the game just where they wanted it. But one or two mistakes gave the game to the patriots at the end.

The only thing i can think of is it just wasn't supposed to be. Maybe for some odd reason the chargers didnt' deserve it yet. Could be the fans didn't deserve it. Could be the spanos's didn't deserve it. Could be the team didnt' deserve it. I've seen this happen many times before to teams that seemed the better team but couldn't get it done. But then about half the time came back the next year and did win it. For some reason the football gods make you hit rock bottom before they let you have it all. Don't know why that is. My guess is it has something to do with humility. That you have to understand the signifigance of winning it all.

29. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Foobs... save the hocus pocus tree-hugger bullshit. ONE OR TWO PLAYS??? This was a complete player meltdown!!

The coaches may have made one or two calls that, in hindsight, had they been done differently might have given them a better chance to win. But the players simply did not make the most of their opportunities when they were presented. "Luck" is what you're talking about. And "Luck is when preparation meets opportunity"

The players **** the bed. End of story.

30. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    Actually the chargers outplayed the patriots most of the game. Thats not a player meltdown.

Most teams that eventually do win the championship seem to have to go through great aggravation till they get tough enough to win it all.