1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Boxers or briefs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BFISA, May 22, 2009.

1. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Fort Worth soldier's, um, boxers make him famous

By Bill Miller
    wmiller@star-telegram.com

[​IMG]

Army Spc. Zachary Boyd of Fort Worth battles the Taliban on Monday in Afghanistan as he wears his "I love NY" boxer shorts. Boyd rushed from his sleeping quarters to join his fellow platoon members.

Boxers or briefs?

A lot of guys consider that a personal question, but the secret has been revealed for a 19-year-old Fort Worth soldier, thanks to The New York Times, the Internet and, well, the Taliban.

Army Spec. Zachary Boyd, a 2007 graduate of Keller Central High School, was in his sleeping quarters this week when the Taliban attacked in the rugged mountains of eastern Afghanistan. Boyd rushed to a defensive position clad in his helmet, vest and boxers -- the pink ones decorated with the "I Love NY" slogan.

As luck would have it, an Associated Press photographer was working at Firebase Restrepo in the Korengal Valley of Afghanistan’s Kunar Province, where Boyd is stationed.

His boxers ended up in newspapers nationwide -- including Tuesday's Star-Telegram -- and on the front page of the Times.

Full story

2. Lightning's Girl

Lightning's Girl Mod Chick =) Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,153
    That is TOO FUNNY!!!!!!:flag::icon_rofl:

• Like Like x 1
  3. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    I posted this on my Special Forces email list; predictably, many of MY BROTHERS had tales of how the went to man the trenches. I'll post'em after I scrub'em (make'em suitable for polite folksta read :icon_eek: )

4. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    PINK BOXERS :icon_eek:

• Like Like x 1
  5. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    As long as he's sending fire & lightning down range...:yes:

6. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Some comments from some Special Forces buds-

Toby/Guys,

Our team usually went "commando" so I guess the photographer would have caught us with our butt cheeks hangin out. Then again, we didn't have pink boxers. We wore UDTs, cut-off 107s/etc, or running shorts.

Don

I recall my first mortar attack; I hit the berm the same way in white briefs (stained brown within minutes), weapon, jungle boots, helmet & vest; (ha). After that I slept in jungle fatigue pants for the next 11 months. To this day I sleep with a pair casual shorts on.

jim W.

You beat me to it. I was going to write that if they had caught me on camera, it would have been a more interesting picture.

John B

LMAO!!!! I'm glad to see it was a common practice. I wrote about my commando-VC-artillery-med-evac chopper episode in that blurb I linked to in my A-Camp experiences earlier.

Gary

7. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Man, that soldier is almost out of uniform! :lol:

8. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Compliments of Deb at CP!! :tup: :icon_toast:

[​IMG]

9. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Dead account

Ratings:
    +1,028
    Can you imagine what the Taliban thought? :icon_eek::icon_eek: :icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl: