1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Brady Quinn to make first start vs Broncos

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by ChargerRay, Nov 4, 2008.

1. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    This kinda sucks for us.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3680927

• Like Like x 1
  2. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
  3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    good choice in defenses though to face for the first time. Broncos could get shredded

4. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    :yes: They need to get Jamal rolling early. Champ should still be out of the lineup, so this is the best chance for the Browns to win with the pretty boy.

Sure would be nice to finish Sunday tied for 1st place! :icon_eek::lol:

(Look at the pts for/pts against in the standings... ridiculous that Denver still leads the division)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Golfboy

Golfboy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +16
    If Cutler plays like he did last weekend, the Browns could win with Tinkerbell playing QB.

6. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    Guess it's all in the way you look at it. Donks shouldn't have much game film on him. Not to mention that Anderson has been stinkin up the joint this year. Not exactly his fault as with all the dropped passes but just sayin.....

7. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    Doesn't really matter if it sucks for us or not.

The chargers have the opening in the AFCW, now we have to close the deal.

Also the way Clev was going, this might inspire the team to crank it up a notch or two, so it may be a good thing.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    Quinn was overrated, plain and simple. He's not a very good quarterback because he gets scared, at least he used to, and throw errant passes. The guy will be in the pocket all day and I wouldn't be surprised if that offensive line gives up more than a few sacks/tackles for a loss. Hopefully the Browns adjust and let Quinn get the ball out quick on quick routes and rip the Broncos "defense" an new one.

9. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Dead account

Ratings:
    +1,028
    I am hoping against the odds that the kid gets on a roll starting Thursday night and brings a little joy to an otherwise unhappy franchise.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Yeah, I wasn't happy when I saw it. At least he's gonna have a good chance @ success since the Broncos D is abysmal.

If Quinn plays like *** and the Broncos get up on the scoreboard, I'm sure they will switch back to Anderson.

11. bigcarson50

bigcarson50 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +54
    Yeah, it is much better to have a QB who has a completion % below 50 percent, and even in his "breakout" year last year, he still threw 19 Ints. :rolleyes2:

Quinn might not end up being better, but it is pretty hard to say he is overrated when he hasn't even started.

People either really like Quinn or really dislike him based on whether or not they like/hate Notre Dame, which really isn't fair.

12. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    You say it sucks for us and I say Brady is probably licking his chops at the fact that he gets to face ****** *** Denver for his first start. I'm putting 200K Bolt Bucks on it...

GO BROWNS

[​IMG]

13. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    I just feel at this point, Anderson gives the Browns the best chance to win. The reason why he's completing less than 50% of his passes is because his damn receivers keep dropping the ball. Start Quinn at some point this season, just not this Thursday night.

14. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    Hey. I based that whole claim on how I saw him play at Notre Dame and he was overrated, thought he'd be a bust and I still think he'll be bust and it's because he gets scared, really scared, so scared he just hucks it without hesitation.

15. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Even though the game is in Cleveland your not gonna see Brady Quinn throwing bombs like you would from Derek Anderson this week, they're gonna protect him for a while and its going to cost them the game.

And if by chance Quinn wins this game its all your going to hear about over the next week, they'll compare him to all the greatest QB's of all time, only to watch him level off and become boringly ordinary the rest of the season..........kinda like Cutler.

16. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...I'm not going to argue with that logic. Braylon Edwards has like 14 drops by himself. The Browns were up by 14 over a pretty decent Ravens team, then the defense let them down. FAR TOO MUCH of the blame is being placed on the wrong person. With that said, I'd feel better if they had at least not chosen to start Brady on a short week like this :no:

I'm hoping for two things. A PISSED OFF Browns D for letting the Ravens off the hook and a strong running game from Cleveland!

17. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    Browns fans usher in the Brady Quinn era,

Was Sling Blade filmed in Cleveland?